The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

12 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

JV needs to turn Miller into a draft pick 

How will Jake Virtanen turn him into a draft pick? :P

But what we may see some of is if we continue to get a lot of later round picks turning out like this, that we can turn them around for areas we need help in. They could be sweeteners in a package deal (e.g. with Tanev or Edler) to land a potential top 3 forward or pick we could use to get one, or maybe used to get an under-performing prospect on the cheap that needs a change of scenery.

I'm not saying Gaudette will be traded, but it'll be nice to have that depth in future to be able to move some surplus to help elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No he's not a first line center. Ceiling is likely a solid 3rd line two way center along the lines of a Bolland.

And we won't be drafting Patrick, so people should get that idea out of their heads unless they wanna be disappointed.

We could win the lotto after finishing 17th in the nhl :P

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 8:11 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Ninth in the nation in scoring... that whole Northeastern line (Gaudette, Sikura, Aston-Reese) is in the top 10.

I noticed that as well. Would like to hear from anyone who watches the games who carries that line. It kinda deflates the hype a little when you see that Gaudette is playing on what is probably the best line in NCAA hockey (I'm just going by stats, heck I don't even know if they all play on the same line, I'm just assuming so). Maybe Gaudette is the driving force or maybe he's riding the coattails of these guys. Would like to know because right now Gaudette is the highest scoring sophmore in the NCAA which is pretty impressive.

He is the darkhorse prospect that the Canucks have. Really like him as a player. Good goal scorer and versatile. He may need one more college season before he makes the jump to the pros but I think when he does go pro, he could shock and crack the Canucks lineup the year he does.

Also, his linemate Zach Aston-Reese is a college UFA after this year. May be worth trying to sign for forward depth. Aston-Reese needs a year in the AHL but is showing good potential too. 

Either way, Gaudette is somebody to be excited for.

9 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

I wonder if JB will offer this guy a contract in the summer. He would be a nice addition to the Comets and be able to get a jump on his pro career if that's the way he wants to go.

Benning also wants Jasek brought over to Utica for next year.

IMO, all these guys can spend a year in AHL

Gaudette 

Jasek

Demko

Boeser 

Neill

Olsen

Hopefully JB can dig up another NCAA or 2 like Stecher

57 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Gaudette 

Jasek

Demko

Boeser 

Neill

Olsen

If boeser is in a comets jersey at the start of next season I will change my username to 'IReallyLoveMen10'.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Gaudette 

Jasek

Demko

Boeser 

Neill

Olsen

Also eligible are Abols, Brett McKenzie, Brisebois, and Zhukenov 

How does Benning suck again? 

• Upvote 1