The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

9 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I just can't wait to see what he can do in the Boeser spot on the PP.  

Hopefully he is 2nd PP next year with Boeser on the first and moved up to the first whenever Boeser isn't available.  

Now to sign Pettersson for the other side.  

We should have a top 5 PP again within two years.  

Dalin, Petterson, Horvat, Boeser, Lind.  

20 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Right handed, American-born, NCAA product, two-way guy, plays with a chip on his shoulder, ultra-competitive, a little arrogant, from a state starting with the letter M...

who does that sound like?

I was making the same RK reference you were earlier (copied again below).

Yes, pretty exciting!

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Me too! :frantic:

Obviously I am excited about having the NCAA's leading scorer.  But I'm even more tickled about;

> Speeeeeed added to our line up! It will have a trickle down effect.

> Intensity, reports that he is the most insanely competitive guy? Never takes a shift off, gives up on a play. Bo on whoop!...

''Hey Goldobin, hurry up gawd $%^&# it!'' And don't lose your frickin %#*^% check! 

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Further, Gaudette's play style lends to matching up against top players.  

He'll be the closest ''matchup'' centre we have to someone who can keep up to McDavid.  When do we play Edmonton next? 

I know, I know, am I ahead of myself?  Anyway, I can't wait! 

• Like 1

So, likely to be stuck with nic-name Gaud, likened to Kesler, apparently expected to match MacDavid's speed :picard:  and match Boeser's debut performances. - NO PRESSURE THEN.

I live in hope that one day this fanbase can avoid wetting it's communal pants every time a prospect plays his first few games. Apart from anything else it is amazing that all the tankers have morphed into "winners" now.

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

Dalin, Petterson, Horvat, Boeser, Lind.  

I was thinking 

Boeser and Petterssen on the opposite half walls (maybe 3/4 walls) with Horvat and Goldobin doing down low and slot movements.  Edler at the point but hell yes Dahlin if we are lucky.  

Then Gaudette Baer Sutter Leipsic and Pouliot on the second PP (maybe Juolevi).

At least for next year as I don't think we have Dahlen, Gadj, or Lind next year.  And I hope so much we do not have a Gagner, Ericksson, Granlund or Gaunce on the PP.  

7 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I was thinking 

Boeser and Petterssen on the opposite half walls (maybe 3/4 walls) with Horvat and Goldobin doing down low and slot movements.  Edler at the point but hell yes Dahlin if we are lucky.  

Then Gaudette Baer Sutter Leipsic and Pouliot on the second PP (maybe Juolevi).

At least for next year as I don't think we have Dahlen, Gadj, or Lind next year.  And I hope so much we do not have a Gagner, Ericksson, Granlund or Gaunce on the PP.  

Sounds good, but I really don’t think Goldobin is on our team next season.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

don't worry, there's confusion all over the place today. 650 was saying this morning that Loui Eriksson had to be protected for the Seattle expansion draft :blink:

I think that comes from statements like the below. When Lui signed his 6 year contract, is it a 6 year no-move contract that kicks in a no trade clause in year three and a limited no trade clause in year 5....IE: a NMC with clauses or does the 6 year contract get renamed a NTC after three years?

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft.[9][10] Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.[9]

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Tanev will be traded for a top 10 pick. Gaudette will take his number 8. And Tryamkin will return and reclaim his number 88.

All is good.

Thank you Nostradamus:)

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I think that comes from statements like the below. When Lui signed his 6 year contract, is it a 6 year no-move contract that kicks in a no trade clause in year three and a limited no trade clause in year 5....IE: a NMC with clauses or does the 6 year contract get renamed a NTC after three years?

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft.[9][10] Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.[9]

sure but they are supposed to be the "experts" on 650. A quick check of cap friendly and they would have seen Loui's NM clause ends this season. Its still full NTC for 2 more but he can be exposed now.

• Haha 1
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

sure but they are supposed to be the "experts" on 650. A quick check of cap friendly and they would have seen Loui's NM clause ends this season. Its still full NTC for 2 more but he can be exposed now.

Next time you'll know to check with Pratt and Jake first when you want factz.

• Haha 3
On 6/27/2015 at 9:53 AM, canucklehead44 said:

Taylor Matson upside.

On 6/27/2015 at 10:03 AM, NaslundLindenBure said:

Benning is pissing me off. Hes not taking a chance on a homerun pick and keeps takingng safe players. We already have too many of these players

On 6/27/2015 at 10:00 AM, Carl's Jn said:

ok ... did the canucks ever wake up or are they still sleeping through this draft....

Baer - Doubt he ever makes it. Wonder why Benning picked a player that looks like he'll never make it.

TheSnipeShow - To be honest, I would've rather picked mike eyssimont or loik leveille.

WhySoSerious - Not sure if true, but I read on HF that he had a really bad combine.

Intent isn't to pick on anyone here - but these are but a few of the comments on just the first two pages.   These were comments made about a FIFTH round pick.   The fact the kid has developed in over the three seasons since and earned an NHL ELC only shows the power of patience and the silliness of doom and gloom out of the gate.   Sure, he could have crashed and burned and sure (who?) Leveille may have turned out better but it was the pick your team made so why on earth not embrace it, watch the development and if it works out be happy for the kid and the franchise.    

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Intent isn't to pick on anyone here - but these are but a few of the comments on just the first two pages. 

If you want to pick on someone, have at the low-hanging fruit in my sig, lol

Boeser and Gaudette, Brisebois developing, and still have Jasek and Zhukenov in the system as outside shots.