The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

12 minutes ago, gameburn said:

By matchup center you are thinking of a Kesler type -- two-way kind of guy?  That would be great, if that's the case.

On the other hand, for speed, Pettersson is quicker and faster; then again i suspect he's not going to be used in a defensive role very often -- and he might not always be playing as a center.

Pettersson still might be better against McDavid though... his playmaking and shooting would require McDavid (and his linemates) to keep track of him.

I think of Pettersson as an all-round forward.  His skill set and vision make him good defensively and offensively... his size is the only weakness in his game.  I think he has the least goals scored against 5v5 in the SHL this year.  Half way through the season he was at 12 I believe. 

I hope he does make it at center.  Could you imagine a 1-3 of Pettersson Horvat and Gaudette?  DAMN!

Edited by TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

I think of Pettersson as an all-round forward.  His skill set and vision make him good defensively and offensively... his size is truly the weakness in his game.  I think he has the least goals scored against 5v5 in the SHL this year.  Half way through the season he was at 12 I believe. 

I hope he does make it at center.  Could you imagine a 1-3 or Pettersson Horvat and Gaudette?  DAMN!

That’s a killer trio.  I didn’t know Pettersson was so defensively responsible.  Are there any top line centres that are under 170 lbs, who are Plus players?  What did Hank weigh, when he was dominating - 180?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

I think of Pettersson as an all-round forward.  His skill set and vision make him good defensively and offensively... his size is the only weakness in his game.  I think he has the least goals scored against 5v5 in the SHL this year.  Half way through the season he was at 12 I believe. 

I hope he does make it at center.  Could you imagine a 1-3 of Pettersson Horvat and Gaudette?  DAMN!

It would be fantastic.  I think Pettersson looks like a better option for conversion, but I think he is still the number one center they need, so they should keep him there.  PP would be especially good -- I've been watching highlights (in place of recent games, tbh) and watched Pettersson pocket one timers the way that Boeser can.  Imagine Pettersson on one side, Boeser on the other... and Gaudette/Horvat retrieving/setting up.  The beauty of that would be that Boeser and Pettersson could fake shots/one-timers and set up others beautifully.  Boeser and Pettersson are both excellent playmakers. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2015 at 3:11 PM, hatedkid666 said:

This is definitely the strangest pick of our draft, just don't see his upside

On 6/27/2015 at 10:00 AM, Carl's Jn said:

ok ... did the canucks ever wake up or are they still sleeping through this draft....

On 6/27/2015 at 10:03 AM, NaslundLindenBure said:

Benning is pissing me off. Hes not taking a chance on a homerun pick and keeps takingng safe players. We already have too many of these players

On 6/29/2015 at 5:54 PM, TheSnipeshow91 said:

To be honest, I would've rather picked mike eyssimont or loik leveille.

Got a chuckle from some of the draft day posts about Gaudette.....there were a lot of positive one too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a killer trio.  I didn’t know Pettersson was so defensively responsible.  Are there any top line centres that are under 170 lbs, who are Plus players?  What did Hank weigh, when he was dominating - 180?

There was  a big list of stars in the Pettersson thread that were all in the 175-185 range.   As a play making Ectomorph (Who have the highest strength to weight ratio of body types) 10 pounds should be plenty from him to compete.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

There was  a big list of stars in the Pettersson thread that were all in the 175-185 range.   As a play making Ectomorph (Who have the highest strength to weight ratio of body types) 10 pounds should be plenty from him to compete.  

If we can FINALLY get lotto luck and get Dhalin, we could have a top core that could compete for Cups for the next decade.  

Demko

Dhalin

Juiolevi

Pettersson

Bo

Brock

Gaudette

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kerfoot definitely exceeded expectations this year. 

Only 8.7% of statistically similar players played over 200 games in the NHL and he has 44 point pace this season. It's probably the most successful anyone from his cohort has been in their rookie season ever. I don't have the ability to check that right now. 

Gaudette has around a 60% chance of being a 46 point player in the NHL. If he did what Kerfoot has done in terms of exceeding expectations we would be looking at our new 1C.

35 Points in his rookie season is a reasonable expectation imo. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we can FINALLY get lotto luck and get Dhalin, we could have a top core that could compete for Cups for the next decade.  

Demko

Dhalin

Juiolevi

Pettersson

Bo

Brock

Gaudette

Lind

Dahlen

Gadjovich 

Whoever else we nab this year and some great longer term possibilities in....

Palmu

Brassard

Brisebois

Rathbone

I am loving our new Canucks. 

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Demko

Dhalin

Juiolevi

Pettersson

Bo

Brock

Gaudette

Yes... and then we'd have the enviable problem of finding the money for them. 

And we'd have the memory of what it is to hold on to players too long... and to give too much away in the NMC/NTC area.  We could manage a dynasty better than most... Look at what poor Chicago is going through now. Kane and Toews look like old men all of a sudden.  And Seabrook even worse.

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Yes... and then we'd have the enviable problem of finding the money for them. 

And we'd have the memory of what it is to hold on to players too long... and to give too much away in the NMC/NTC area.  We could manage a dynasty better than most... Look at what poor Chicago is going through now. Kane and Toews look like old men all of a sudden.  And Seabrook even worse.

Just wait... Chicago will be back.  They are just retooling.  

:unsure:

Edited by TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yah they backtracked on it later. Of course Loui is going to be exposed, really no matter what even if he ends up being a 20 goal scorer again, Jim's going to protect the younger assets. 

My guesses would be

Bo

Brock

Gaud

Baer

Grandlund

Leipsic

Virtanen

tanev

Gubransen

edler (if he re-signs with us)

stetcher/pouliot (if elder doesn’t re-sign). 

In the end we lose Sutter

although, all of this can change depending on trades and free agent signings. 

1 hour ago, Canadian Clay said:

My guesses would be

Bo

Brock

Gaud

Baer

Grandlund

Leipsic

Virtanen

tanev

Gubransen

It's either 7 forwards, 3 defenceman and a tendy or 8 players not including a tendy. 

1 hour ago, Canadian Clay said:

My guesses would be

Bo

Brock

Gaud

Baer

Grandlund

Leipsic

Virtanen

tanev

Gubransen

thats probably it, other than it will only be 3 D that we can protect. I think we're set up to fare relatively well again this expansion.