The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i would protect sutter, before i protected baertschi, granlund or leipsic. sutter is my unsung hero.

bo, boeser, gaudette, virtanen, sutter, granlund and ?

we don't even know what the roster is going to look like in 2 years.  I don't think Granlund and/or Baer is even here at that point.  Certainly not both

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i would protect sutter, before i protected baertschi, granlund or leipsic. sutter is my unsung hero.

bo, boeser, gaudette, virtanen, sutter, granlund and ?

Baer or free agent 

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

we don't even know what the roster is going to look like in 2 years.  I don't think Granlund and/or Baer is even here at that point.  Certainly not both

No kidding. I doubt Baer, Tanev, maybe Granlund are even here by then. And if we do re-sign Edler, I'd not be shocked to see him exposed either if we need the protection slot as he'll be pushing 34 by then.

Just now, aGENT said:

No kidding. I doubt Baer, Tanev, maybe Granlund are even here by then. And if we do re-sign Edler, I'd not be shocked to see him exposed either if we need the protection slot as he'll be pushing 34 by then.

It would be interesting to see what JB does there.  With all the great things he's done, I feel like his loyalty is a bit of an achilles heel at times.  He could have exposed one twin (or both) to the EXD last year and protected Sbisa........no one was going to take either Sedin, so long as they agreed.  If they re-sign Edler, do they stay loyal and protect him or expose him and make sure a younger guy is protected?

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

It would be interesting to see what JB does there.  With all the great things he's done, I feel like his loyalty is a bit of an achilles heel at times.  He could have exposed one twin (or both) to the EXD last year and protected Sbisa........no one was going to take either Sedin, so long as they agreed.  If they re-sign Edler, do they stay loyal and protect him or expose him and make sure a younger guy is protected?

Sedins have NMCs on their contracts. Both had to be protected because of this clause. That’s also why LE has to be protected. Also, you only get 3 defensemen to protect. If they hadve protected 4, they only get to protect 4 forwards (Bo, Sedins, LE) and the Canucks likely would have lost either Sutter or baertschi

Just now, Canadian Clay said:

Sedins have NMCs on their contracts. Both had to be protected because of this clause. That’s also why LE has to be protected. Also, you only get 3 defensemen to protect. If they hadve protected 4, they only get to protect 4 forwards (Bo, Sedins, LE) and the Canucks likely would have lost either Sutter or baertschi

they could have waived, if asked.  LV was not going to take one Sedin

14 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

louie will have a ntc not a nmc by the time expansion happens. last time, ntc players could be left unprotected. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

they could have waived, if asked.  LV was not going to take one Sedin

players negotiate for NMCs so they don't have to be asked. 

@Canadian Clay Loui's no movement protection is over at the end of this season. In his deal it is now a full NTC for 2 years, then a modified NTC (15 team list) for the last two. He's going to be on the Seattle exposed list for sure if he's still here, but I could also see a trade being possible if he doesn't want to end up in Seattle and wants to pick a new spot to go to. But he may be just fine with Seattle too. He'd be a great player for an expansion team. He could pass on defensive skills to the younger guys, and his actual salary will be lower than his cap hit, thats pretty much ideal for an expansion club. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Madigan can be worried all he wants but reality is that the fan base is going to be thrilled with this kids puck pursuit.  

haha way to discredit the coach that knows him the best and pump Gaud up some more. Keep your expectations low people, he's going to need to adapt to the NHL and isn't going to be the next Boeser. Let him play, learn and be ready for a big offseason. 

• Cheers 1