The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

8 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Is that 100% decided? Any updates or indications on his projected line when he plays? 

Gaudette, Leipsic and Gaunce were the last players out for the morning skate, so that pretty much confirms he won't be in tonight. He is expected to play on Thursday against the Oilers, not sure about which line he will be on when he plays. I don't think Green has talked to the media yet since Gaudette signed his contract.

Ryan Biech with a detailed article this morning on expansion and protection required for Gaudette (and likely Dahlén as well):

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/03/27/gaudette-dahlen-and-the-expansion-draft/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Found it interesting he ended up using the same example (Kyle Baun) as I did yesterday in my post on the topic.

Not saying Biech borrowed from my post. He’s a pretty standup guy and I’m sure he just arrived at the Baun example organically by a similar search process as mine yesterday. Just funny that we ended up with such similar content.

And his article is way better written than my post.

14 hours ago, Derp... said:

Kerfoot definitely exceeded expectations this year. 

Only 8.7% of statistically similar players played over 200 games in the NHL and he has 44 point pace this season. It's probably the most successful anyone from his cohort has been in their rookie season ever. I don't have the ability to check that right now. 

Gaudette has around a 60% chance of being a 46 point player in the NHL. If he did what Kerfoot has done in terms of exceeding expectations we would be looking at our new 1C.

35 Points in his rookie season is a reasonable expectation imo. 

Well Horvat would still be our 1st line Center.. They are the same age pretty much and horvat has our produced him. There aren’t many forward comparables from the 5th round in recent years but some good D-men have been found there lately like Will Butcher and Ben Hutton.. I’ve realized that since 2013 our drafting in the later rounds has been money, producing a few guys who’ve played in the NHL like Hutton, Forsling, Tryamkin

46 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Nope, you are wrong.  know better than to judge a 17 or 18 year old prospect.

Lmao all I said is I'd prefer a certain player that I've had more exposure to over an unknown player. Clearly you didn't know better when you lost your sh*t after we traded Shinkaruk for Granlund. Move on...

• Wat 1

19 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

The Canucks would FINALLY have a TRUE #1 D pairing in this league which we've been missing forever but let's make sure that doesn't happen.  :wacko::blink:

Why would tanev have anything to do with Dahlin?  

Dahlin may be a LHD but has always played the right side of any game I have seen him in.  So would be 

edler Dahlin

maybe

Juolevi Tanev 

At least that is how I understand it.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

The Canucks would FINALLY have a TRUE #1 D pairing in this league which we've been missing forever but let's make sure that doesn't happen.  :wacko::blink:

Dahlin is the only D-man that makes Tanev truly expendable, IMO.

22 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Dahlin may be a LHD but has always played the right side of any game I have seen him in.  So would be 

edler Dahlin

maybe

Juolevi Tanev 

Yup, and frankly I'd rather play OJ (at least for his first year or so) with Guddy in case anyone tries to start anything with him.

And we really only need one injury prone, defensive D on the roster. Tanev would also likely return a more tidy sum in trade.

31 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

edler Dahlin

maybe

Juolevi Tanev 

I’m pretty sure I’ve only seen him play the left side. The whole world juniors this year he played with liljegren and dalhin was on the left side. He did sometimes routes on the PP for a one timer but that was switched durning play 

• Thanks 1