The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Sutter checking the other teams’ top centres.  Do you think Gaunce could match-up against top lines?

I'm not entirely sure, I like what I've seen. More importantly, Green seems to really like deploying him in such a role. 

Hey, we need cheap defensive minded forwards too! I'm a huge Gaunce guy so I could be letting the love blind me. 

Sorry I've gotten off topic. Was nice to see Gaud at Fenway, quite the honor and exposure for him. 

Edited by Western Red
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Western Red said:

I'm not entirely sure, I like what I've seen. 

More importantly, Green seems to really like deploying him in such a role. 

Hey, we need cheap defensive minded forwards too! I'm a huge Gaunce guy so I could be letting the love blind me. 

I really like Gaunce too.  I thought he showed great leadership when he helped Tryamkin up the Grouse Grind at prospects’ camp.  Like you say, TG trusts Gaunce.  Would Loui Errikson with Gaunce and Sutter work?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I really like Gaunce too.  I thought he showed great leadership when he helped Tryamkin up the Grouse Grind at prospects’ camp.  Like you say, TG trusts Gaunce.  Would Loui Errikson with Gaunce and Sutter work?  

We should move this to another thread, but I'd say 6m in a checking role doesn't look good optically. Gotta squeeze some juice out of that lemon if we can.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Western Red said:

We should move this to another thread, but I'd say 6m in a checking role doesn't look good optically. Gotta squeeze some juice out of that lemon if we can.

I think this discussion (kind of) does relate to Gaudette.  The more defensive role Sutter can take on, the easier the minutes will be for Gaudette, right?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I think this discussion (kind of) does relate to Gaudette.  The more defensive role Sutter can take on, the easier the minutes will be for Gaudette, right?

Nice segue Alf. Yes, it opens up Gaudette to be C of a 3rd line, be interesting to see how this all shapes up. Who do you think looks good w/ Gaud on the third?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Western Red said:

Nice segue Alf. Yes, it opens up Gaudette to be C of a 3rd line, be interesting to see how this all shapes up. Who do you think looks good w/ Gaud on the third?

Maybe that’s where an experienced guy like Loui can play?  

Gaudette, Virtanen, Errikson?  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Gaudette wasted no time asserting his indomitable will on the Northeastern program. In one of his first practices at Matthews Arena, the freshman ushered in a new era of Husky intensity. They were running a routine drill, when Gaudette blasted senior captain and scoring star Kevin Roy. The skating halted, and the ancient arena became silent. "He finished a check on Roy, which upset Kevin and some of the older players," said NU sports performance guru Dan Boothby. "They felt Adam was trying to be a hero. I think everyone quickly realized after that practice, that was not the case. Adam only knows one speed — win!"

Thanks for the excerpt. This is my favorite paragraph. Gaud wasn't there to show up, he was there to produce and compete. Greens gonna love him.

There's so many great quotes in that article. I thought about doing a copypasta of the whole thing, but figured people could just click the link. 

Here's another highlight:

It was his voracious appetite for his work on and off the ice. Pro trainer Tom Boothby of Hingham puts Gaudette in a class by himself when it comes to gym work. "Adam is an outlier," said Tom from his office at Boothby Training. "He dictates the pace. You have to try and keep up."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Cool article on Adam from the New England Hockey Journal.

Talks about how he nearly quit hockey. Really interesting story.

That was a really good read.

I honestly think AG is going to be another fantastic story in the near future. 

With what he's developed, not just in his skills but in his mind as well, it's hard to see this kid not having a fine NHL career.

I've said it before; I believe this kid's going to show a lot better than a third-line depth player. 

I'm so excited for next season.

I get a bit torqued when I hear people from other NHL markets say we're not able to accept a rebuild. I hear and see nothing but excitement for it and a lot saying, "It's about time."

I'm excited to see a new core (led by Bo) emerge and come into their own. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

That was a really good read.

I honestly think AG is going to be another fantastic story in the near future. 

With what he's developed, not just in his skills but in his mind as well, it's hard to see this kid not having a fine NHL career.

I've said it before; I believe this kid's going to show a lot better than a third-line depth player. 

I'm so excited for next season.

I get a bit torqued when I hear people from other NHL markets say we're not able to accept a rebuild. I hear and see nothing but excitement for it and a lot saying, "It's about time."

I'm excited to see a new core (led by Bo) emerge and come into their own. 

I don't know honestly... I think those other markets may have a point.  We start losing and people stop showing up to games.  Sure, a lot of us are fine with rebuilding but being 'okay with it' and showing up and paying for games are two completely different things.  So I guess on the one hand we're able to accept it but on the other Vancouver has not shown that they're willing to support it which is really what counts in the end.

It does help to have some exciting young talent in the pipeline but I have to wonder.... If Brock Boesser's incredible season wasn't putting butts in seats in the midst of a rebuild what will? 

16 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

"To finally get that win after 30 years is something out of a storybook," said Gaudette to the press scrum. "We’ll be looked at as heroes in Northeastern history."

Hopefully he has similar success in helping Van with it's Lord Stanley aspirations ;) 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Hopefully he has similar success in helping Van with it's Lord Stanley aspirations ;) 

Reminds me of the last sentence from the article:

“Gaudette would still be dreaming of pitching in Fenway Park, instead of hoisting the Stanley Cup.”

Funny how he’s already realized the first dream.

Hopefully this means the second dream will soon come to fruition (and that one in a Canucks uniform).

• Cheers 1