The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Matches his points total from last season.

In 22 fewer games! 

I'd say he's made a bit of an improvement. Can't say I've seen anything but highlights, but...numbers like that (better than 1.5pts/game) bode well for his future. Possible 3rd line center, once Hank is done?

33 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

I'd say he's made a bit of an improvement. Can't say I've seen anything but highlights, but...numbers like that (better than 1.5pts/game) bode well for his future. Possible 3rd line center, once Hank is done?

I think that's a pretty fair projection at this point. And that would be a great result from a 5th round pick.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Father Ryan said:

Perhaps in a mold of a Nick Bonino?

36 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Ryan BiechVerified account ‏@ryanbiech  3m3 minutes ago

With 31 points this year - #Canucks prospect Adam Gaudette has already surpassed his point total from last season - but in 20 less games.

What's even more impressive IMO than Gaudette passing last year's totals (in 20 fewer games) is the fact he's outpacing his production from the second half of last season (when he really turned up his scoring). 

Goes to show that the 2015-16 second half wasn't just a hot streak for Gaudette but part of his natural progression. And he's once again significantly increased his scoring rate, when you compare the end of last season to the beginning of this season.

Where is ceiling lies is anyone's guess. But it's sure fun watching this kid develop.

11 hours ago, funkyfresh said:

Thanks for the link. Got to catch the 3rd

Unfortunately NE mostly coasted through the 3rd so didn't get to see much of Gaudette's offensive stuff but he cause a few turnovers due to his great hockey sense and quickness.