The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On 2018-05-15 at 12:37 PM, kloubek said:

I think Gaudette will be an NHL player almost for certain.  Where his ceiling is though is anybody's guess.

Nothing Gaudette does should surprise us.  He is a very good player but brings a compete level well above the average player. He seems to achieve his goals and then some.  His next goal is to be a regular in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Nothing Gaudette does should surprise us.  He is a very good player but brings a compete level well above the average player. He seems to achieve his goals and then some.  His next goal is to be a regular in the NFL.

Ambitious. I hear the Patriots will need a new QB in the next few years since they traded Garoppolo.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Wow... jack of all trades eh?  First NHL and now NFL.  ;)

14 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I think he will be a very good playoff performer.  He’s got what it takes.  

On 6/27/2015 at 10:57 AM, DeltaSwede said:

A former leading scorer at prep power Thayer Academy, Adam Gaudette brought his game to a whole new level in his draft year with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders.

The Braintree, Mass. native really stood out at the Beantown Summer Classic and then again at the USHL Atlantic Challenge. He was active in the offensive zone, won a lot of battles for loose pucks and had a quick, hard release. Mark Carlson, his coach in Cedar Rapids, believes Gaudette will become even more of a threat once he bulks up.

"His upside is very high. Once he adds more muscle to his frame, he'll be able to get to the net more and win more puck battles," explained Carlson.

Gaudette, who finished the season with 13 goals and 17 assists in 50 USHL games for Mark Carlson's team, made a sharp climb from the midterm to final rankings. He was ranked 187 by NHL Central Scouting at the midterm before soaring to 108 in the final listing.

Perhaps most impressive was his +23 plus/minus, a remarkable number for a rookie in the USHL. Gaudette was a player that Carlson felt comfortable rolling out onto the ice in all situations.

"His +/- was exceptional. He was dependable. His hockey sense is very good at both ends of the rink," said Carlson, who also raved about his exceptional work ethic. "He just gets after it."

Gaudette was originally slated as a 2016-17 recruit for Northeastern, but with the recent departure of Mike Szmatula from the Huskies program, he could be brought in early. Gaudette is a good prospect who will likely be given the chance to grow in college hockey before signing a deal.

Read things here that astound me..

In the games we saw him play last season he did not look out of place.. I can hardly wait until the usual adjustments the younger player need to make once their in the big show but seems like canucks fans expect every player to be a superstar or benning screwed up or the player has a label but boeser had that coming in too. I'm not saying Adam is a Brock Boeser but obviously he has a lot upside and could easily fit a number 2 center description with some work but people forget it's actually fun to finally get to talk about prospects like this. Some of our old core came through development but never this amount. Usually we traded our picks for a win now situation instead of loading up with both and slowly after getting rid of a boatload of ntc's and nmc's contracts sure helped.

benning made a cpl of mistakes trying to put something competitive on the ice but what gm hasn't but he's makes more good moves than bad but we're getting there. No we don't have to be all rose colour glasses about the new guys but at least it's a step or two in the right direction for a change. hopefully louie E can get back to his 20-30 goal seasons again but he's the only bad contract we have left if it doesn't change. 

Gaudette lowest is a good 2 way 3rd line center and a season or two away from being able for 2nd line center duty when injuries hit as usual so nothing wrong with benning's pick on this kid... 

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 2

Gaudette played with Sikura, who is a skilled play maker/ set up man. They were a great duo.

Gaudette needs to play with a set up man like Pettersson or even Boeser, who is a very good passer with good vision.

Playing Gaudette with grinders who have little hockey sense is a lost cause.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Read things here that astound me..

In the games we saw him play last season he did not look out of place.. I can hardly wait until the usual adjustments the younger player need to make once their in the big show but seems like canucks fans expect every player to be a superstar or benning screwed up or the player has a label but boeser had that coming in too. I'm not saying Adam is a Brock Boeser but obviously he has a lot upside and could easily fit a number 2 center description with some work but people forget it's actually fun to finally get to talk about prospects like this. Some of our old core came through development but never this amount. Usually we traded our picks for a win now situation instead of loading up with both and slowly after getting rid of a boatload of ntc's and nmc's contracts sure helped.

benning made a cpl of mistakes trying to put something competitive on the ice but what gm hasn't but he's makes more good moves than bad but we're getting there. No we don't have to be all rose colour glasses about the new guys but at least it's a step or two in the right direction for a change. hopefully louie E can get back to his 20-30 goal seasons again but he's the only bad contract we have left if it doesn't change. 

Gaudette lowest is a good 2 way 3rd line center and a season or two away from being able for 2nd line center duty when injuries hit as usual so nothing wrong with benning's pick on this kid... 

That article looks old.  I would guess it's from around the time he was drafted in 2015 and before he played at Northeastern.  3 years have passed and he has progressed nicely.  Better than hoped I would say.

It would be a surprise if he could become a top 6 centre but 3C is more realistic and that doesn't mean he'll play with players who aren't talented. 

Imagine a 3rd line of Gadjovich Gaudette Virtanen.  That's a wrecking crew and will give teams fits.

I like the depth coming up at forward.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

That article looks old.  I would guess it's from around the time he was drafted in 2015 and before he played at Northeastern.  3 years have passed and he has progressed nicely.  Better than hoped I would say.

It would be a surprise if he could become a top 6 centre but 3C is more realistic and that doesn't mean he'll play with players who aren't talented. 

Imagine a 3rd line of Gadjovich Gaudette Virtanen.  That's a wrecking crew and will give teams fits.

I like the depth coming up at forward.

Maybe with Vegas doing so well with no real top line, and (rather) a group of secon and third liners, that’s going to be how to win, and keep all your guys?  Rather than loading up on one top line (Cap costs) the money is more evenly spread amongs a bunch of good, hard to play against guys?

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe with Vegas doing so well with no real top line, and (rather) a group of secon and third liners, that’s going to be how to win, and keep all your guys?  Rather than loading up on one top line (Cap costs) the money is more evenly spread amongs a bunch of good, hard to play against guys?

But the Canucks have prospects who project to top line forwards.  Pettersson and Boeser.  2nd line would be Horvat, Baertschi, Dahlin and possibly Goldobin or Lind but the Canucks aren't done yet. 

If a team can have 5 out of 6 bona fide top 6 players, they will be pretty good.  Imo the 2011 Canucks had 4 out of 6 bona fide top 6 forwards.  Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Samuelsson.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

But the Canucks have prospects who project to top line forwards.  Pettersson and Boeser.  2nd line would be Horvat, Baertschi, Dahlin and possibly Goldobin or Lind but the Canucks aren't done yet. 

If a team can have 5 out of 6 bona fide top 6 players, they will be pretty good.  Imo the 2011 Canucks had 4 out of 6 bona fide top 6 forwards.  Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Samuelsson.

Maybe it all comes down to one team’s goalie (MAF) playing better than his opponent’s goalie?  I thought the Jets were good against Vegas, but MAF was the difference.  Holtby had how many minutes of shut-out hockey?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe it all comes down to one team’s goalie (MAF) playing better than his opponent’s goalie?  I thought the Jets were good against Vegas, but MAF was the difference.  Holtby had how many minutes of shut-out hockey?  

It makes a difference.  Hellebuyck had a few wobbly games.  That's learning to perform and make good decisions under pressure

If the Canucks want Gaudette to develop into an offensive top 6 center, I wonder if he ends up with top line minutes in Utica for a year.  Dahlen Gaudette Jasek as a top line in Utica could really make some noise down there and help those three become more confident offensive players for the Canucks in a year.  

Edited by TGT68
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TGT68 said:

If the Canucks want Gaudette to develop into an offensive top 6 center, I wonder if he ends up with top line minutes in Utica for a year.

Dahlen Gaudette Jasek as a top line in Utica could really make some noise down there and help those three become more confident offensive players for the Canucks in a year.  

If Gaudette comes in and kicks down the door  like Boeser, he will no doubt become one of the go to options in the top half of the lineup. 

But that’s for Gaudette to prove, not only at training camp but also keeping it consistent through out the year is going to be key if he wants to remain with the big club. I believe he can; Adam has a great approach and appreciation for the game and he’s sure to be  putting in the work this offseason. 

Manegement has repeatedly said if any of the players, young or old deserves to be on the team they will make room for them and put younger players in positions to have them succeed using their tools/skills & start out with confidence. 

Players have  to earn it but a competent management and coach should recognize when a player has performed well and walk that fine line of giving them more responsibility on the ice while still allowing them develop into well rounded hockey players that can win you championships. Let’s hope that they will be.

Once again all of the  above applies to players like Dahlen, Pettersson, Jasek, Juolevi and should apply to the veteran players as well. Gagner included.