The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

11 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

I think Gaudette could very well become our own Datzuk.

I think Pettersson is the better candidate to become our Pavel D. 

Wrong what I can tell and what I've heard, Gaudette is much of a "meat and potatoes" type of player.

26 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

I think Gaudette could very well become our own Datzuk.

I predict Gaudette is more closer to Kesler...Gaudette will not be as dirty  as keeler but will be as skilled..

Gaudette now 21 will be a 19-25 goal guy 55-63 point guy in his prime at 25 years old..

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think it is a numbers game, and it is more than likely that those players that are waiver eligible will be put down in Utica temporarily…….I just don't see the sense of exposing assets that may have trade value, while Benning looks to move them...…..he says one thing, but I think it is an entirely different thing when push comes to shove.

My though is that Pettersson will start the season up, but the rest of the prospects will start down for a month or 2 until trades are found, or injuries start to force Benning's hand.

My prediction is though that Gaudette will play well down there, as well as Dahlen, Juolevi, and Demko, all who will be playing in the NHL by the end of the season...…….

I do not have too much concern about those guys.....my interests are in Briseboise, Sautner, McEneny, and Lind to see if they push at all....we will see.....it will be fun!

Spot on. Once management has a roster in mind, the 'bigger picture' comes into play. Asset management. If you can bypass waivers, chances are you'll be in Utica. Management will then ( my opinion ) make a 10/ 20/ 30 game window to push the roster into it's desired shape.

Edited by SingleThorn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Gaudette is definitely ready for the NHL!! Let's hope JB finds a way to move either Gagner or Goldobin. 

Preferably Gagner. Goldy has something to prove.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The 3 highlighted players will make the other 4 expendable.

Baer is better than Leipsic.  With Gaudette and Dahlen I definitely agree.  I think Palmu and Jasek will soon prove to be better players than Leipsic.  (I don’t know why, but I don’t like The Liper?)

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Baer is better than Leipsic.  With Gaudette and Dahlen I definitely agree.  I think Palmu and Jasek will soon prove to be better players than Leipsic.  (I don’t know why, but I don’t like The Liper?)

I kinda agree with you. He can handle the puck for sure. Might be out to lunch but I thought he played kinda high in the neutral zone looking for a quick break. He was caught a couple of times. Also didn't see a lot of that fiestiness that he was supposed to have. Hope he has a good camp. 

8 hours ago, Qwags said:

Preferably Gagner. Goldy has something to prove.

Contrary to most ppl's argument, I find Gagner still serviceable compared to Loui's production and fat pay cheque!

I like Goldy's slicky style but he just seems so inconsistent... 

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

Gagner, Granlund, Baer, Gaudette, Goldobin, Dahlen and Leipsic...going to be fun to see who makes who expendable....

Gaudette and Dahlen are pretty much locks, at some point. After that, IMHO...Baer, Goldobin, Granlund, Gagner and Leipsic. Just not sold on Leipsic; not like he cost us a bunch so I wouldn't be in the slightest upset to lose him. Gagner, Granlund and Goldobin, I'm thinking 2 of the three will be made available at some point during the year...including during training camp. I've always liked Baer, but I do agree with several posters, he needs to step up to his contract this year and at least get between 20-25g.

• Upvote 1

People keep saying that the new signings (Beagle, Roussel, Schaller) don't interfere with spots with our prospects but I beg to differ. If Horvat, Petterson, Sutter, and Beagle are all long term centres, where is there room for Gaudette? The only option I see is if Pettersson is moved to the wing in favour of Gaudette.

6 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

People keep saying that the new signings (Beagle, Roussel, Schaller) don't interfere with spots with our prospects but I beg to differ. If Horvat, Petterson, Sutter, and Beagle are all long term centres, where is there room for Gaudette? The only option I see is if Pettersson is moved to the wing in favour of Gaudette.

In a couple years (or sooner) when Gaudette is ensconced at 3C, Sutter goes to the wing or could even be flipped for assets.  By that time, Beagle will also be half or more through his contract and could also be moved.  Having plenty of centres is never a bad thing, especially with different handedness for taking draws in different situations.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, AK_19 said:

Nothing is set in stone. Things can change on a dime. If Gaudette proves to be a better option at centre it isn't hard to give him a spot. He won't be fighting Beagle for 4th line C. He won't be fighting Horvat for 1 C.

Sutter is a shut down C and likely Gaudette won't fight for that. It depends on how long Petterson takes to get used to the NHL and to play C.

And some playoff teams this year had 9 centres in their 12 forward group. 

No one took Gaudette's spot. If he plays well he plays on the team. Simple concept.

• Cheers 1