The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 hours ago, playboi19 said:

in this article Adam says he needs to work hard in the gym & on the ice to make the team in Sept.. 

anyone know who he skates / trains with over the summer?

3 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Although he was pointless, Gaudette was a factor in the nucks winning 4 of their last 5 games even with the linemates he had. He will do fine, and he will be a force in the NHL.

Pretty sure we went 4-0-1 with Gaudette in those last 5 games? :frantic:

• Upvote 1

Just a shot in the dark but Im guessing theres no way to watch Gaudette in the NHLPA Rookie Showcase today? I looked around but couldnt find anything.  Would be pretty sweet to see how he stacks up against other prospects. 

14 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Just a shot in the dark but Im guessing theres no way to watch Gaudette in the NHLPA Rookie Showcase today? I looked around but couldnt find anything.  Would be pretty sweet to see how he stacks up against other prospects. 

2018 NHLPA ROOKIE SHOWCASE

AUGUST 26 AT MASTERCARD CENTRE

TORONTO (Aug. 17, 2018)  The National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) will host its 10th annual NHLPA Rookie Showcase Sunday, Aug. 26 at Mastercard Centre in Toronto, with 26 NHL® prospects and rookies scheduled to attend. This unique event provides Upper Deck – the official trading card partner of the NHLPA and the NHL – with an opportunity to capture photographs and videos of many of the game’s top young prospects and rookies in their official NHL team uniforms. The content collected will be used for upcoming Upper Deck trading cards, memorabilia products and digital video posts.

2018 NHLPA Rookie Showcase Scheduled Attendees:

The following 26 NHL prospects and rookies are scheduled to be in attendance for the 2018 NHLPA Rookie Showcase:

Vitaly Abramov (Blue Jackets), Rasmus Asplund (Sabres), Rudolfs Balcers (Sharks), Drake Batherson (Senators), Kieffer Bellows (Islanders), Henrik Borgstrom (Panthers), Evan Bouchard (Oilers), Daniel Brickley (Kings), Travis Dermott (Maple Leafs), Ryan Donato (Bruins), Dillon Dube (Flames), Adam Gaudette (Canucks), Jordan Greenway (Wild), Carter Hart (Flyers), Miro Heiskanen (Stars), Jordan Kyrou (Blues), Timothy Liljegren (Maple Leafs), Casey Mittelstadt (Sabres), Michael Rasmussen (Red Wings), Ilya Samsonov (Capitals), Dylan Sikura (Blackhawks), Nick Suzuki (Golden Knights), Robert Thomas (Blues), Juuso Valimaki (Flames), Gabriel Vilardi (Kings) and Filip Zadina (Red Wings). 

Yes Gaudette will be there.  To bad Hughes won't (because of ncaa restrictions).  Regardless, should be pretty entertaining.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rodishred said:

2018 NHLPA ROOKIE SHOWCASE

AUGUST 26 AT MASTERCARD CENTRE

TORONTO (Aug. 17, 2018)  The National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) will host its 10th annual NHLPA Rookie Showcase Sunday, Aug. 26 at Mastercard Centre in Toronto, with 26 NHL® prospects and rookies scheduled to attend. This unique event provides Upper Deck – the official trading card partner of the NHLPA and the NHL – with an opportunity to capture photographs and videos of many of the game’s top young prospects and rookies in their official NHL team uniforms. The content collected will be used for upcoming Upper Deck trading cards, memorabilia products and digital video posts.

2018 NHLPA Rookie Showcase Scheduled Attendees:

The following 26 NHL prospects and rookies are scheduled to be in attendance for the 2018 NHLPA Rookie Showcase:

Vitaly Abramov (Blue Jackets), Rasmus Asplund (Sabres), Rudolfs Balcers (Sharks), Drake Batherson (Senators), Kieffer Bellows (Islanders), Henrik Borgstrom (Panthers), Evan Bouchard (Oilers), Daniel Brickley (Kings), Travis Dermott (Maple Leafs), Ryan Donato (Bruins), Dillon Dube (Flames), Adam Gaudette (Canucks), Jordan Greenway (Wild), Carter Hart (Flyers), Miro Heiskanen (Stars), Jordan Kyrou (Blues), Timothy Liljegren (Maple Leafs), Casey Mittelstadt (Sabres), Michael Rasmussen (Red Wings), Ilya Samsonov (Capitals), Dylan Sikura (Blackhawks), Nick Suzuki (Golden Knights), Robert Thomas (Blues), Juuso Valimaki (Flames), Gabriel Vilardi (Kings) and Filip Zadina (Red Wings). 

Yes Gaudette will be there.  To bad Hughes won't (because of ncaa restrictions).  Regardless, should be pretty entertaining.

Talk about a who's-who list of prospects, hope he can shine in this event!!

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

If Guadette's playing time next season is either top 2 C with Utica or 4th RW, which would you prefer dor his development?? 

How about both?  Start the year in Utica then slot in as a call up.  He can learn a lot from Beagle

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

I think we'll see a more mature Adam come into camp and seize an NHL roster spot. Not that he couldn't also benefit from a year in Utica but some players put in a showing like Stecher did recently and refuse to be held back.

Stecher only made the team when he did because of injuries. He very likely should have made the team outta pre-season.

16 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

If Guadette's playing time next season is either top 2 C with Utica or 4th RW, which would you prefer dor his development?? 

Personally I think he's got decided middle 6 offensive upside and far more skill than he seems to get credit for from some.

If it's only sub10 minutes a night playing largely hard shutdown minutes here vs +/-17 minutes in all situations including 1st PP in Utica with some injury call ups and maybe a TDL recall... I think I'd lean to the latter.

19 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Why is he stuck to being a 4th line RW? I got him pegged as our #3 center. 

As do I, but I don't think it is wise to start him off in that role.  While I liked what I saw at the end of last season, he needs to be able to get on the scoresheet if he wants to play a 3rd like NHL role and he simply didn't find a way to do that.  I'd rather him play 2C in Utica and get lots of playing time to build up his ability and confidence, then introduce him to the 3c role with the big club and see how he does. No need to rush him - especially considering we have an abundance of 3rd and 4th line talent already.