The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gagner and Erickson only had 10 goals each last year.

I bet Dahlen and Gaudette could beat that easy. 

and that might be relevant if that was the most important measure of performance, but it's not. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

so another 10 goals each is good enough to keep them in the line up?

Both Gags and Eriksson add leadership and Eriksson is one of our top defensive forwards. Additionally, both of them missed a fair bit of games (Gagner missed 8 games and Eriksson missed a whopping 32 games) so it's fair to assume that they would both have had more than 10 goals in 82 games, which is presumably what you're basing your projections for Dahlen and Gaudette. Finally, you're ignoring the value of assists, which Gagner had more than twice the amount of his goals. 

I'm not saying Gaudette and Dahlen should or shouldn't make the team,  but basing it solely off goals scored in a season is extraordinarily simplistic and ignores a plethora of other factors.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Both Gags and Eriksson add leadership and Eriksson is one of our top defensive forwards. Additionally, both of them missed a fair bit of games (Gagner missed 8 games and Eriksson missed a whopping 32 games) so it's fair to assume that they would both have had more than 10 goals in 82 games, which is presumably what you're basing your projections for Dahlen and Gaudette. Finally, you're ignoring the value of assists, which Gagner had more than twice the amount of his goals. 

I'm not saying Gaudette and Dahlen should or shouldn't make the team,  but basing it solely off goals scored in a season is extraordinarily simplistic and ignores a plethora of other factors.

We have better defensive forwards than Erickson now.

44 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gagner and Erickson only had 10 goals each last year.

I bet Dahlen and Gaudette could beat that easy. 

Yep not only do I think they could match goal production but exceed in many other areas including effort level. 

How much leadership does this team really need. We already have sutter beagle, gudbranson, horvat, elder,  Roussel, tanev.?

eriksson is a bit better in the d zone but it wouldn’t take much for gaudette and dahlen to be an improvement off gagner. 

Gagner isn’t particularly strong in the faceoff dot. With sutter and beagle isn’t not like we need Sam for his 47% 

I guess my question would be what tangible asset does gagner bring that we don’t think gaudette could at the minimum match. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep not only do I think they could match goal production but exceed in many other areas including effort level. 

How much leadership does this team really need. We already have sutter beagle, gudbranson, horvat, elder,  Roussel, tanev.?

eriksson is a bit better in the d zone but it wouldn’t take much for gaudette and dahlen to be an improvement off gagner. 

Gagner isn’t particularly strong in the faceoff dot. With sutter and beagle isn’t not like we need Sam for his 47% 

I guess my question would be what tangible asset does gagner bring that we don’t think gaudette could at the minimum match. 

Exactly!

Are Gagner and Gaudette even in competition for a spot? Why is this a thing? I mean if Gagner isn't waived/traded I have him penciled in as 13th/14th F at this point. Is that where people want Gaudette?

If anything I'd say Granlund better watch his back with Gaudette coming up behind him. Far more similar skill sets/2 way ability/ability to play up and down the lineup.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Are Gagner and Gaudette even in competition for a spot? Why is this a thing? I mean if Gagner isn't waived/traded I have him penciled in as 13th/14th F at this point. Is that where people want Gaudette?

If anything I'd say Granlund better watch his back with Gaudette coming up behind him. Far more similar skill sets/2 way ability/ability to play up and down the lineup.

I was disappointed in Gagner's play this past season and I think Gaudette; while still a bit rough around the edges, brings a more complete game to the table. His work ethic and determination are miles beyond that of Gagner. If it were up to me (which it is not) I would keep Gaudette on the team and be looking to move Gagner. Argument could be made of his leadership value but as someone had previously stated on this thread,  we have other leaders such as Beagle, Sutter and Horvat that already have that quality.

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I was disappointed in Gagner's play this past season and I think Gaudette; while still a bit rough around the edges, brings a more complete game to the table. His work ethic and determination are miles beyond that of Gagner. If it were up to me (which it is not) I would keep Gaudette on the team and be looking to move Gagner. Argument could be made of his leadership value but as someone had previously stated on this thread,  we have other leaders such as Beagle, Sutter and Horvat that already have that quality.

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

28 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Angst and frustration, as well as puerile nicknames, here on CDC if those are considered assets (based upon posting styles, many seemingly feel that is the case).   As a "whipping boy" and "target for abuse", which are both tangible and existential, Gagner plays a key role on CDC.   Gaudette cannot possibly fill that void given his work ethic and progress to date in his young professional career.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Beacuse where you have him pencilled in doesn’t mean thats where others believe he will slot in.

for example I don’t see Elias starting the year off as center which means there’s only 2 other capable centers competing for the 3/4c spot. Sam Gagner and Adam Gaudette. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Angst and frustration, as well as puerile nicknames, here on CDC if those are considered assets (based upon posting styles, many seemingly feel that is the case).   As a "whipping boy" and "target for abuse", which are both tangible and existential, Gagner plays a key role on CDC.   Gaudette cannot possibly fill that void given his work ethic and progress to date in his young professional career.

Didn’t know CDC provided a tangible on ice benefit. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Beacuse where you have him pencilled in doesn’t mean thats where others believe he will slot in.

for example I don’t see Elias starting the year off as center which means there’s only 2 other capable centers competing for the 3/4c spot. Sam Gagner and Adam Gaudette. 

I thought you had him penciled in as waived/traded? :P

27 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I do. But that doesn’t mean he’s not in competition with gaudette for the final center spot. I’m just confident gaudette will/should be on the roster come opening night. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Edited by aGENT