The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

No  doubt Jay Beagle can show the rooks many things about professional habits and dedication.....

Hopefully the Canucks have a few other players that can also be role models for the kids...  I am thinking Bo is definately a great role model as well. 

Yup, agreed.   I think Bo, even for sure a young guy, plays and works the "right way".   I remain convinced people have sold Horvat's ceiling short and I still think he can reach point per game with more talented wingers.   He has excellent hands and sees the ice very well.   If the Canucks start to become the scoring team their potential makes it look like they could be in the next few years, will be interesting to see how Horvat improves point totals (now I am totally off topic).

Another guy I think is good for the younger guys is Guddy even though he too is a young guy.   I get the impression he is a good role model too - I know he learned a lot in Florida about that himself.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yup, agreed.   I think Bo, even for sure a young guy, plays and works the "right way".   I remain convinced people have sold Horvat's ceiling short and I still think he can reach point per game with more talented wingers.   He has excellent hands and sees the ice very well.   If the Canucks start to become the scoring team their potential makes it look like they could be in the next few years, will be interesting to see how Horvat improves point totals (now I am totally off topic).

Another guy I think is good for the younger guys is Guddy even though he too is a young guy.   I get the impression he is a good role model too - I know he learned a lot in Florida about that himself.

Even MacIntyre was on the radio saying "everytime we (media) or scouts have put a ceiling on Bo Horvat, he's proven us wrong. He's made improvements every year since being drafted. He looks like a good second line centre, but I'm done calling that his ceiling, because every year he proves us wrong." (Paraphasing)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

This is one of the main reasons they do the "first year ELC burn".

Mr. Beagle has certainly left an impression on him.  Impossible to quantify that value, and especially not in contract or points terms.

Quite the opposite of the Oilers development model. 

• Upvote 1

I love that Gaudette is like a sponge with Beagle. The guy just won a Cup, played a big part in that championship, great faceoff guy, PK, and defensive play, extremely fit, etc. Years from now, after the Canucks win the Cup, Gaudette will look back on his early days and being mentored by Beagle and how that made him the player he is. Really like how the Centre positions are shaping up:

Horvat

Pettersson

Gaudette 

• Upvote 2

Takeaway from last night's game.

Gaudette ( who I think has a very bright future ) is nowhere near ready. One game means nothing, but Sutter was so much better, it was disappointing. All those pencilling Gaudette into the opening line up have to step back for 20 games or so. He'll get there, but as of today, he's not NHL ready !

9 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Gaudette ( who I think has a very bright future ) is nowhere near ready. One game means nothing, but Sutter was so much better, it was disappointing. All those pencilling Gaudette into the opening line up have to step back for 20 games or so. He'll get there, but as of today, he's not NHL ready !

One game is not enough. 

If he isnt ready, play him in Utica and develop him. Anything above that would be surpassing expectations. Nothing Disapointing about it. Sutter should be looking better than a rookie. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

One game is not enough. 

If he isnt ready, play him in Utica and develop him. Anything above that would be surpassing expectations. Nothing Disapointing about it. Sutter should be looking better than a rookie. 

It's only disappointing because I have/ had him as NHL ready now. I liked his small sample from last year.

I think that 20 games in Utica will be more than enough to make him NHL ready. This is assuming last night's game is where his bar is set. 4 more games to show more. I have him rated only after Pettersson, with Juolevi #3. ( of the rookies )

A lot of posters are throwing too many vets away in their mock rosters, hence the shout out for Sutter. I see only Pettersson making the opening 23 !

13 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

I only saw the 3rd period and a bit of the 2nd, but from what I saw, Gaudette looked quite good. I will also agree that Sutter was very good and definitely still better. Gaudette looks like he might be ready, but he has to beat out his competition first. 

That said, Sutter is likely higher than Gaudette on the lineup anyways, so he's not likely Gaudette's direct competition.

I thought Gaudette played very well, and seemed to fit right in. He was tenacious, battling, had a few chances, and he's got real good speed and size. He's also defensively responsible and coaches love that. Was he great in his one game? No, but I don't think any Canucks players have been great yet.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Even Bo was rusty in his first game, then look at last night.  Gaudette's likely going to be a final cut decision and will get into at least a couple more games before they decide.

i agree with this.  also i want to see Gaudette play a game or two with established NHL vets so that we can judge how he plays in a structured environment.  that game against the lames hacks was like pond shinny...not sure how much we can take away from that...

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

It's only disappointing because I have/ had him as NHL ready now. I liked his small sample from last year.

I think that 20 games in Utica will be more than enough to make him NHL ready. This is assuming last night's game is where his bar is set. 4 more games to show more. I have him rated only after Pettersson, with Juolevi #3. ( of the rookies )

A lot of posters are throwing too many vets away in their mock rosters, hence the shout out for Sutter. I see only Pettersson making the opening 23 !

Don’t disagree at all. This team will need players that can play more than one role too. Sutter is versatile, experienced and good in the dot. 

We hope thay Gaudette can be a much better version of Sutter in as short period of time.  We are expecting a lot out of a 5th rounder... If it takes all season for him to crack the roster, great. Same with our other rookies. 

OJ hasn’t really done a lot yet and likely could benefit from some time in Utica, Dahlen is Utica bound, same with Gaudette, Gads, Lind etc. 

EP40 is on the roster. Head and shoulders above all the other rookies. I hope Green uses him gently at first, he is still adjusting to the smaller surface and increased intensity of the NA game. 

Gaudette was going to have to blow down the doors during pre-season to have any chance of making the team.  That hasn't happened, last night, playing with Leipsic and Brock was probably his best chance, and there was a bit of soft thud.

It would have been nice to see him force management's hand a little, but honestly, I'm looking forward to my Utica Comets live streaming package with him centering the top line, between Dahlen and Boucher.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dungass said:

Gaudette was going to have to blow down the doors during pre-season to have any chance of making the team.  That hasn't happened, last night, playing with Leipsic and Brock was probably his best chance, and there was a bit of soft thud.

It would have been nice to see him force management's hand a little, but honestly, I'm looking forward to my Utica Comets live streaming package with him centering the top line, between Dahlen and Boucher.

How much you pay for that package?