Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Gaudette is in Utica, so how is it too soon to conclude he belongs in Utica? And Leipsic and Goldy were average at best at the time of my posting this. If you wanna hit me with the hindsight card fine, but even then Goldy is largely feeding off Pettersson's electric start and Leipsic has done next to nothing in the NHL thus far this season and when Roussel comes back I imagine his name will be one of the first when it comes to who gets waived. 

I never claimed Gaudette didn’t belong in Utica, quite the contrary, I dusputed your claim with regard to the speed of his decision making.  As for Goldobin, he is sure as hell outplaying Baertschi, as is Leipsic in limited minutes.  I wouldn’t be much surprised, if that level of play continues, that Baertschi sees himself further down the line up - as has been done in the past to stimulate better play from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I never claimed Gaudette didn’t belong in Utica, quite the contrary, I dusputed your claim with regard to the speed of his decision making.  As for Goldobin, he is sure as hell outplaying Baertschi, as is Leipsic in limited minutes.  I wouldn’t be much surprised, if that level of play continues, that Baertschi sees himself further down the line up - as has been done in the past to stimulate better play from him.

Well, watching him play. He made decisions too slow. All you have to do is, you know, watch some games. Pay attention to certain names. It gets quite easy when you watch with the intent of seeing certain players. Watched every preseason game and looked for Gaudette a lot, takes too long to make a play. Defensive players would take away the time and space a lot quicker than college players. There was one game in particular where he waited too long to make a pass, had the puck stripped away and it was a easy 2 on 1 the other way that led to a goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Well, watching him play. He made decisions too slow. All you have to do is, you know, watch some games. Pay attention to certain names. It gets quite easy when you watch with the intent of seeing certain players. Watched every preseason game and looked for Gaudette a lot, takes too long to make a play. Defensive players would take away the time and space a lot quicker than college players. There was one game in particular where he waited too long to make a pass, had the puck stripped away and it was a easy 2 on 1 the other way that led to a goal.

That happens to most players at some time though. When I watched him at the end of last season it seemed he made decisions just fine but he had no puck luck. Having said that I didn't think he did enough to stay up after pre-season, so a stint in Utica will do him no harm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Gaudette is in Utica, so how is it too soon to conclude he belongs in Utica? And Leipsic and Goldy were average at best at the time of my posting this. If you wanna hit me with the hindsight card fine, but even then Goldy is largely feeding off Pettersson's electric start and Leipsic has done next to nothing in the NHL thus far this season and when Roussel comes back I imagine his name will be one of the first when it comes to who gets waived. 

1 goal in 2 games played is definitely next to nothing on a team that's struggled to score goals...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

1 goal in 2 games played is definitely next to nothing on a team that's struggled to score goals...

Against that you have to allow for his greedy puck hog approach probably costing 2 goals and his line mates a goal each. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guadette may have come from College Hockey, but he is a “blue collar” player..   agree that yes, he should be in Utica..  but when this one has his 3 speed game defined and has bruised a couple of elbows, Vancouver is Home.

I see his game galloping by Christmas, and being a huge contributor in the playoffs.

Next season he takes a solid position in Vancouver full time.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

What a beauty for your first goal. Love the way Gaudette plays the game. Tenacious with silky mitts. 

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

Hard to put a ceiling on him in my opinion. Hes definitely a late bloomer who's exceeded expectations at least from a draft position perspective. His first full season pro will be very telling. I personally see him as a clutch offensive threat third line centre but wouldn't be surprised in the least if he forced his way into the top 6. Just love the way he plays the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

Hard to put a ceiling on him in my opinion. Hes definitely a late bloomer who's exceeded expectations at least from a draft position perspective. His first full season pro will be very telling. I personally see him as a clutch offensive threat third line centre but wouldn't be surprised in the least if he forced his way into the top 6. Just love the way he plays the game. 

From everything I've heard, the Canucks firmly believe Gaudette has top-six ability. However, the way our roster is being constructed, he'll probably play third line. Possibly in a similar way to Kesler back in the day. Slotted into a third line role at 5v5, but still playing top-six overall minutes due to his usage on special teams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

From everything I've heard, the Canucks firmly believe Gaudette has top-six ability. However, the way our roster is being constructed, he'll probably play third line. Possibly in a similar way to Kesler back in the day. Slotted into a third line role at 5v5, but still playing top-six overall minutes due to his usage on special teams.

Agreed, 

Petterson will inevitably take over the number 1 centre position from Bo as early as this season. It will be tough for Gaudette to push aside Bo for the official number 2 centre role but I can see them as a 2A, 2B in a couple years time. Whatever the outcome, with the emergence of petterson we are looking better and better down the middle. With the injection of youth and exciting prospects not quite in the show, I'm excited to watch canucks games again.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

From everything I've heard, the Canucks firmly believe Gaudette has top-six ability. However, the way our roster is being constructed, he'll probably play third line. Possibly in a similar way to Kesler back in the day. Slotted into a third line role at 5v5, but still playing top-six overall minutes due to his usage on special teams.

Considering a lot of teams are running 3 scoring lines these days, I would imagine him after that extra bit of potential will be really nice for us on that 3rd line. We may not be able to roll 3 scoring lines now, but I think it's very possible after a few more prospects find their way onto the roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...