The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

5 hours ago, richado said:

Gaudette with 1 goal and 2 assists in Utica's 7-4 win over the Marlies today. Looks like he's gaining some traction.

Just needed to prove to himself that he could do it at the professional level. Give him a couple of months down there, and he'll be ready for the NHL.

1 hour ago, westcoastsniper said:

Hope Gaudette get's called up if Beags and Petey are out. Get him going while his confidence is high.

A lot of people will disagree with me saying this, but I would rather have Gagner back for a few weeks right now and let Gaudette get a couple of months in, playing top 6 minutes and gaining confidence. It will be better for him and the team in the long run, don't rush him.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, N4ZZY said:

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

Kesler on defensive side of the puck but with better team play on the offensive side of things.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:23 AM, N4ZZY said:

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

I love this guy's game. I could easily see him taking Sutter's 3rd line center position...but I'd rather see Granlund gone and move Sutter to wing.

Now we are down two centers so for sure Gaudette should get the call, perhaps Gagner as well. Beagle is out 4-6 weeks and we have no idea about EP. hockeyGaud has two goals in two games with Utica? So probably a good time to call him up when his confidence is going. Silver linings.

Edited by EP Phone Home

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

It doesn't need to be a centre, Schaller, Motte and Granlund are all centres

Could just be precautionary, or could be a reward for fine play in Utica.  But there is little need to protect him as a fourth line centre, he is like Pettersson, in being a 200 foot player.  Unlike most young players, i don’t think he was sent down to work on his defence, quite the contrary, I believe he was sent down to work on his offensive game.  He is, after all, last year’s Hobey Baker recipient.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Could just be precautionary, or could be a reward for fine play in Utica.  But there is little need to protect him as a fourth line centre, he is like Pettersson, in being a 200 foot player.  Unlike most young players, i don’t think he was sent down to work on his defence, quite the contrary, I believe he was sent down to work on his offensive game.  He is, after all, last year’s Hobey Baker recipient.

If both Beagle and Pettersson are unable to play vs Pittsburgh; I see Gaudette tried at 2C and Granlund playing 4C with Motte slotting in on 4W

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If both Beagle and Pettersson are unable to play vs Pittsburgh; I see Gaudette tried at 2C and Granlund playing 4C with Motte slotting in on 4W

I hope so. Before camp started, I was very hesitant about penciling EP in at centre for us. I thought he was more likely to start out at wing and I thought Gaudette had an outside shot at 2C.

I have absolutely zero interest in watching Granlund play 2C. He's a serviceable NHLer but I think it's time we stop considering him for a top 6 role. Gaudette will almost certainly be a more valuable player for us when it's all said and done. Let the kid play.

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

I hope so. Before camp started, I was very hesitant about penciling EP in at centre for us. I thought he was more likely to start out at wing and I thought Gaudette had an outside shot at 2C.

I have absolutely zero interest in watching Granlund play 2C. He's a serviceable NHLer but I think it's time we stop considering him for a top 6 role. Gaudette will almost certainly be a more valuable player for us when it's all said and done. Let the kid play.

Why? 

He looked to be one of the top forwards against Florida.

10 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Why? 

He looked to be one of the top forwards against Florida.

Granlund hustles and I give him credit for adapting his game, doing what it takes to be an NHL player. I'm sure Travis Green appreciates that, as he did that himself back in his playing days. But ever since Granlund's 19 goal season, he hasn't ever come close to looking like that same player. I for one was high on Granlund. He had a bum wrist in the year he scored 19 and there was no reason not to expect him to build off that year. But then he got lined up with Sutter and we all know there's a significant difference between him and Henrik. But things are changing and it's happening at warp speed. Our depth has never been better. We have players ready to step in at all of our forward positions and Demko will be ready to go next year. After we draft a couple defensemen next year, our rebuild will be approaching completeness.