The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

2 hours ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

Hard to put a ceiling on him in my opinion. Hes definitely a late bloomer who's exceeded expectations at least from a draft position perspective. His first full season pro will be very telling. I personally see him as a clutch offensive threat third line centre but wouldn't be surprised in the least if he forced his way into the top 6. Just love the way he plays the game. 

You’re sure right about exceeding expectations from a draft position perspective, especially in light of today’s performance against Toronto - a goal and two assists in a 7-4 Utica win.  Just needed last night’s ice breaker, I guess.

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, richado said:

Gaudette with 1 goal and 2 assists in Utica's 7-4 win over the Marlies today. Looks like he's gaining some traction.

I got to the game, Gaudette and Archie are forming some hard-nose Sedinery!

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, westcoastsniper said:

Hope Gaudette get's called up if Beags and Petey are out. Get him going while his confidence is high.

I'm with you. Seems like a perfect opportunity to get him some more NHL experience.

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, richado said:

Gaudette with 1 goal and 2 assists in Utica's 7-4 win over the Marlies today. Looks like he's gaining some traction.

Just needed to prove to himself that he could do it at the professional level. Give him a couple of months down there, and he'll be ready for the NHL.

1 hour ago, westcoastsniper said:

Hope Gaudette get's called up if Beags and Petey are out. Get him going while his confidence is high.

A lot of people will disagree with me saying this, but I would rather have Gagner back for a few weeks right now and let Gaudette get a couple of months in, playing top 6 minutes and gaining confidence. It will be better for him and the team in the long run, don't rush him.

• Like 1
On 10/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, N4ZZY said:

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

Kesler on defensive side of the puck but with better team play on the offensive side of things.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:23 AM, N4ZZY said:

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

I love this guy's game. I could easily see him taking Sutter's 3rd line center position...but I'd rather see Granlund gone and move Sutter to wing.

Now we are down two centers so for sure Gaudette should get the call, perhaps Gagner as well. Beagle is out 4-6 weeks and we have no idea about EP. hockeyGaud has two goals in two games with Utica? So probably a good time to call him up when his confidence is going. Silver linings.

Edited by EP Phone Home
3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

It doesn't need to be a centre, Schaller, Motte and Granlund are all centres

Could just be precautionary, or could be a reward for fine play in Utica.  But there is little need to protect him as a fourth line centre, he is like Pettersson, in being a 200 foot player.  Unlike most young players, i don’t think he was sent down to work on his defence, quite the contrary, I believe he was sent down to work on his offensive game.  He is, after all, last year’s Hobey Baker recipient.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Could just be precautionary, or could be a reward for fine play in Utica.  But there is little need to protect him as a fourth line centre, he is like Pettersson, in being a 200 foot player.  Unlike most young players, i don’t think he was sent down to work on his defence, quite the contrary, I believe he was sent down to work on his offensive game.  He is, after all, last year’s Hobey Baker recipient.

If both Beagle and Pettersson are unable to play vs Pittsburgh; I see Gaudette tried at 2C and Granlund playing 4C with Motte slotting in on 4W

• Upvote 1