The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

19 hours ago, J-P said:

There are young players that can do both offense and defense of course... But not saying you're wrong in general, I agree, and I think it's one of the reasons why Goldy hasn't produced as hoped while instead being a much more competitive and effective defensive player this year.

You mean Gaudette?

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You mean Gaudette?

Nah, not so far. EP of course could do both offense and defense from the start, Bo and Boeser got it pretty quickly, but most rookies don't. As I said I agree that Green doesn't tolerate cheating on D, and that makes it that much more difficult to be in a position to score for a new player.

In Gaudette's case I'm not sure what his offensive ceiling is, time will tell, but I also agree that a stint in Utica soon - scoring in a 1st line role - would probably be good for him.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Ok, enough is enough.  Thursday Nov. 15th Gaudmode will pull a Boeser and score his first NHL in Minnesota against the Wild.  The goal will come with 7:34 left in the second period.

The hockey god has spoken..... We're going to hold you accountable if this is not so.:)

P.S. I would love to see it happen. The kid has a lot of try in his game.

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes but not really. 

My brother went to school with Greg in grade 7 i'm guessing about 1972 or 73. I was five years younger. Playing street hockey at the school parking lot was like watching Gretzky in the 80's lol. Greg actually helped me with skating that year as he was constantly at the rink (could skate like the wind compared to anyone i had seen at that point in life)  But it was really interesting to know someone as a young child who actually made it to the NHL. A number of years later we went to a Victoria Cougars game and he was on a line with Barry Pederson, the two of them ripped it up!  Just wanted to throw out these memories :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

My brother went to school with Greg in grade 7 i'm guessing about 1972 or 73. I was five years younger. Playing street hockey at the school parking lot was like watching Gretzky in the 80's lol. Greg actually helped me with skating that year as he was constantly at the rink (could skate like the wind compared to anyone i had seen at that point in life)  But it was really interesting to know someone as a young child who actually made it to the NHL. A number of years later we went to a Victoria Cougars game and he was on a line with Barry Pederson, the two of them ripped it up!  Just wanted to throw out these memories :) 

That's a great memory! Thanks for sharing! any pics?

55 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's a great memory! Thanks for sharing! any pics?

Lol nope, pics were not a thing back then! You know what is funny is that at the time you do not realize it, but later on you think about it and just how good this player was a skater etc at a young age... then by the time they get to the NHL... just a journeyman player making a living. 

4 minutes ago, westcoastsniper said:

Don't know why Gaudette wasn't tried on the left side opposite of Pettersson on the power play. That was his natural position where he scored a lot of points in the NCAA.

Why would Green do that?  We now have Sam "save us" Gagme to play that role!!!!  :sadno:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

We need somebodies back asap, this kid needs to work on his offensive game in the AHL.  He has a good motor but needs to learn how to score and get some confidence

It's more than just his scoring that needs work.

Lots of stuff to love about Gaud, but he is still totally raw. Poor guy got absolutely schooled last night. Not that corsi is the be all of stats, but his stats vs the peg were just awful.

Luckily he's a rookie. Lots of time for him to learn the game. He'll be fine

Edited by luckylager
New phone.. And I hate it.

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It's more than just his scoring that needs work.

Lots of stuff to love about Gaud, but he is still totally raw. Poor guy got absolutely schooled last night. Not that corsi is the be all of stats, but his stats vs the peg were just awful.

Luckily he's a rookie. Lots of time for him to learn the game. He'll be fine

I'm expecting he will hang around till either Sutter or Beagle is back. Canucks have a few other conundrums coming up shortly as Biega is just 4 days away from his 30 day waiver exemption and both Gaunce and Archibald are just 9 days away before having to go through waivers again. Not sure if the club wants to risk that or not but they may have little choice. Edler's return should take care of Biega's concern but neither Baertschi or Boeser look close at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm expecting he will hang around till either Sutter or Beagle is back.

Agreed. Really no other option and it's a good learning experience. He seems to have the type of character to treat it as just that.

Canucks have a few other conundrums coming up shortly as Biega is just 4 days away from his 30 day waiver exemption

Meh. Waive Biega whenever, no one is taking him off the wire.

and both Gaunce and Archibald are just 9 days away before having to go through waivers again. Not sure if the club wants to risk that or not but they may have little choice.

Gaunce is more likely to be picked up. If he's not playing, send him back ASAP. Archie is pretty much in the same boat as Biega, I doubt he gets picked up and even if he does it's no big deal. I'd be happy for him actually.

Edler's return should take care of Biega's concern but neither Baertschi or Boeser look close at the moment.

Can keep Biega and Archie up without too much worry over them being poached when they inevitability go back down.

I would like to see Chatfield and Sautner back up at some point. Biega is just the safe call up, but I'm not convinced he's any more capable than either of the guys I just mentioned.

Edited by luckylager
This new phone sucks.

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

The new coach in LA might ask his GM to take a low risk flyer on AB ! Huge loss for Utica. AB should be down in the AHL being an A grade veteran presence !

If it weren't for injuries, Biega should have stayed in Utica all year.

Sure, Willy has history with AB, but he was still a #9D under Willy.

I'm not worried about it.