The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Adam Gaudette is on a five-game point streak where he has 8 points (5 goals and 3 assists) in those five games.

Also, he has points in nine of his last 10 games where he has 19 points during those 10 games, which includes 7 goals and 12 assists.

Hockey gaud, is he hot or is he hot!

Interesting to see how far he has come. Starting to wonder whether it would be better for him to try and play 1 more year without his two senior linemates like Boeser or to turn pro while he is at a high in his college career.

Lowest shooting percentage of the top 10 scorers. Pretty good chance this guy is a player in my opinion. There's not much to look down on other than maybe his FOW% being 46.7% Might be better off as a winger.

Edited by Derp...

4 hours ago, Derp... said:

Interesting to see how far he has come. Starting to wonder whether it would be better for him to try and play 1 more year without his two senior linemates like Boeser or to turn pro while he is at a high in his college career.

Lowest shooting percentage of the top 10 scorers. Pretty good chance this guy is a player in my opinion. There's not much to look down on other than maybe his FOW% being 46.7% Might be better off as a winger.

He definitely has the grit for it. But I like how he sees the ice as a center too

4 hours ago, Derp... said:

That should go up working with Manny

6 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

This just goes to show late round picks matter when you have a guy like JB around. Glad they aren't selling off anymore pics.

12 picks sold off in less than three seasons:(  With the way JB drafts in the later rounds we could have two Gaudettes and two Lockwoods, and two Brisbrois etc.

Adam Gaudette is currently, and as of now looks like he's going to be, the highest scoring sophmore in the NCAA. That's pretty damn good for a 5th round pick. If he keeps developing, he actually has a real shot at making the NHL. Good steal Benning.

On the real though, it seems like Benning has found the secret to good drafting. None - Canadian players. And I don't think that's because Canadian players are bad, of course not. Canadian players are the best in the world. But because of that fact, GMs focus so much attention on the Canadian scouting and picking Canadian guys that often times there's a better American or European player that slipped through to your position. 

• Brock Boeser: An American who shocked most at his talent
  • Nikita Tryamkin: A big russian who was on nobodies radar, and he's already a quality NHL player
  • Adam Gaudette: An American who is now starting to really turn heads as a 20 year old
  • William Lockwood:  An American who is also performing admirably so far

We'll have to see how Finnish Olli Juolevi turns out. (Although he played in North America I know) Still, he even traded for Granlund and Baertschi. He doesn't care where you are from. He just cares about if you're the best player.

But anyway, very impressed with Gaudette.  Keep it up.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mr.53 said:

Adam Gaudette is currently, and as of now looks like he's going to be, the highest scoring sophmore in the NCAA. That's pretty damn good for a 5th round pick. If he keeps developing, he actually has a real shot at making the NHL. Good steal Benning.

On the real though, it seems like Benning has found the secret to good drafting. None - Canadian players. And I don't think that's because Canadian players are bad, of course not. Canadian players are the best in the world. But because of that fact, GMs focus so much attention on the Canadian scouting and picking Canadian guys that often times there's a better American or European player that slipped through to your position. 

• Brock Boeser: An American who shocked most at his talent
  • Nikita Tryamkin: A big russian who was on nobodies radar, and he's already a quality NHL player
  • Adam Gaudette: An American who is now starting to really turn heads as a 20 year old
  • William Lockwood:  An American who is also performing admirably so far

We'll have to see how Finnish Olli Juolevi turns out. (Although he played in North America I know) Still, he even traded for Granlund and Baertschi. He doesn't care where you are from. He just cares about if you're the best player.

But anyway, very impressed with Gaudette.  Keep it up.

I think it's more because the NCAA is on the up. Barring Tryamkin, all the other three are NCAA products.

It's a league that's consistently churning out not just good defenders but also good forwards... Oshie, Toews and Parise alone were produced at North Dakota (not to mention recent guys like Eichel, Nyquist, Larkin, Parayko... on top of guys like Sharp, Quick, Kesler, Backes, Kessel, Gostisbehere, Pavelski, etc.). Even some top Canadian players like Jost are heading there because they recognize it's a damn good developmental league. 

Take the 2016 Stnaley Cup champs, Pittsburg Penguins for example. They had the most College players on their team out of all the playoff teams.

Do4kPG.jpeg

It's a vastly underrated developmental league and Benning's done good in recognizing that there's a lot of diamonds in the rough there.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Curious as to why you think he needs another season in college? Utica can use the youth up front

Sorry the way I wrote it suggested I wanted him to go back but I meant it as he may wanna go back for another season. Then to Utica or straight to the NHL if he is ready

16 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Id like to see him go pro and play on a line with Boeser and Virtanen at left wing. 

This is what I want! Also fear if the Canucks have him go back to junior next year he just sticks it out in college and signs wherever he wants. He could either sign with Vancouver after his third year of college or he could play one more season and sign wherever he wants as a free agent. He's ready for pro just sign him and Boeser once their seasons are done.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

This is what I want! Also fear if the Canucks have him go back to junior next year he just sticks it out in college and signs wherever he wants. He could either sign with Vancouver after his third year of college or he could play one more season and sign wherever he wants as a free agent. He's ready for pro just sign him and Boeser once their seasons are done.

I'll tell you that you have to have some massive balls let alone nerve to be drafted generously in the 5th round then go ahead and screw your team by not signing with them ... I just don't see that happening, and people should stop thinking this is a common option. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Camel Toe Drag said:

I'll tell you that you have to have some massive balls let alone nerve to be drafted generously in the 5th round then go ahead and screw your team by not signing with them ... I just don't see that happening, and people should stop thinking this is a common option. 

Gaudette will sign with the Canucks hopefully! 

On 1 February, 2017 at 11:32 PM, Camel Toe Drag said:

I get that its a more common trend for higher selected players however I wouldn't look at it as a 0% chance of something like this ever happening. Vesey a 3rd rounder just signed with another team and the year before that 4th rounder Mike Rielly signed with another team. I'd say its highly unlikely but I'd never rule something like this out entirely.