The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Ristolainen could be expensive. He was also a -41 last season, -25 the season before, and was previously a -32 and -21. He's never been a + player. He's currently at 0, but BUF will probably miss the playoffs, so how much will he actually help the Canucks?

I'd hate to trade Gaudette for almost anyone really. He's such an intriguing player, who knows how good he'll get. Still young (23) and a force at times. Big, fast, fights, team player, provides energy, has some of the best cellies and he's hungry. I think a perfect playoff type of player. 

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think they'd want a good young forward for Risto.

that would be Gaudette wouldn't it? 

i wouldn't trade Gaudette. he's too valuable to the Canucks. who would take his place? Sutter? Sutter is where offense goes to die. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

that would be Gaudette wouldn't it? 

i wouldn't trade Gaudette. he's too valuable to the Canucks. who would take his place? Sutter? Sutter is where offense goes to die. 

I don't think we should make the trade. We don't really have the cap too.

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think we should make the trade. We don't really have the cap too.

Stecher + Virtanen + Baer (and say Utunen or similar to make up for dumping Baer).

Not sure I'd do it as I do enjoy how Virtanen is developing but Risto would be a hell of a nice add on our back end...

Edited by aGENT

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Stecher + Virtanen + Baer (and say Utunen or similar to make up for dumping Baer).

Not sure I'd do it as I do enjoy how Virtanen is developing but Risto would be a hell of a nice add on our back end...

I'd be a little iffy giving up young players now till we got a few more in and make some players expendable. Don't know if that would be enough either.

Patience might be the right call for the time being.

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Gaudette+ OJ +stecher+ Virtanen for Risto and Reinhart

Miller Petey Toffoli

Pearson Reinhart Boesser

Roussel Bo Motte

Beagle Sutter McEwan

Leivo

Edler Myers

Hughes Risto

Tryamkin/Benn Tanev

I don't think trading Gaud is in the cards. It was going to be him or Madden centering the third line, and with the TT trade, I think Gaud is here to stay for now. 

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Don't look now, but this kid is establishing himself as a legit #3 centre.  23 years old and looks like he'll get over .5ppg in his second season.  Got to love his hustle and enthusiasm.  Winning teams have to have effective secondary players like this.  Not too shabby for a 5th rounder.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

59 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Don't look now, but this kid is establishing himself as a legit #3 centre.  23 years old and looks like he'll get over .5ppg in his second season.  Got to love his hustle and enthusiasm.  Winning teams have to have effective secondary players like this.  Not too shabby for a 5th rounder.  

Love his speed down the middle. Superior puck handling. As good as Jake’s season has been Gaudette is right there on the ppg. This is in essence his rookie season. Next year will be his breakout. IMO he has 2C abilities.

48 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Love his speed down the middle. Superior puck handling. As good as Jake’s season has been Gaudette is right there on the ppg. This is in essence his rookie season. Next year will be his breakout. IMO he has 2C abilities.

Yes, the Canucks have a player in this guy who is developing into a real beast.

His development has been fantastic as he has already tripled his points from last year in as many games. Hope he keeps it up and becomes a potential top 6 option.

Scoring at a 40 point pace as a 3rd liner, Gaudette is arguably one of the most skilled bottom-6 players in the league right now. Defensively he's got a lot of room to grow and really needs to round out his game a bit more, but he's got some of the best hockey IQ on this team and very underrated skills. If he gets stronger and better next season he could be one to watch to have a breakout 50-60 point season and I can easily see him growing into our 2nd line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Scoring at a 40 point pace as a 3rd liner, Gaudette is arguably one of the most skilled bottom-6 players in the league right now. Defensively he's got a lot of room to grow and really needs to round out his game a bit more, but he's got some of the best hockey IQ on this team and very underrated skills. If he gets stronger and better next season he could be one to watch to have a breakout 50-60 point season and I can easily see him growing into our 2nd line.

What happens to Bo, who is already a really good second line centre?  Maybe keep Gaud as our third line centre and role out Petey, Bo, and Gaud one after the other?  That’s some serious centre ice strength.  IMO Podkolzin is a natural centre.  His skills would translate perfectly to centre in the NHL.  We know JT Miller can play centre too.  We kind of have an embarrassment of riches in that spot.  Trade Gaud for a top four (young) D man?  Dumba?  Risto?  

Edited by Alflives

On 2/19/2020 at 5:25 PM, Canucks Curse said:

please do not trade gaudette, he will be a rob brindamour

Especially for Risto. That guy is a total disaster in his own end - particularly even strength.

Only way I would want to see us trade Gaudette is for a noticable upgrade on D. Even then, I would probably rather take our chances on Rafferty, OJ, Rathbone or Tryamkin than to trade who I believe can and will be our elite 3rd line center. I feel he has the skill and the smarts... he just needs to add muscle and be stronger on the puck battles.

We just need to convince Green the 3rd line should be a scoring one instead of forcing the 2 and 2 format he has favoured.

Really, can't ask for more than a Gaudette-Virtanen third line pairing. They just need to find a linemate of equal talent and it looks to me like a damn good 3rd line. I would like to see Ferland there next season; I think he and Virtanen could be a real difficult 2-prong attack to stop.

Edited by kloubek