The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

FWIW - Gaudette is currently trending on Twitter. 

Some guy just floated Gaud is in JB’s trade talks.  I see Ristolainen coming here.  I’d be okay with Gaud + Stecher for Risto. 

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Some guy just floated Gaud is in JB’s trade talks.  I see Ristolainen coming here.  I’d be okay with Gaud + Stecher for Risto. 

I like that trade, but that leaves us pretty thin at center

Sutter is always injured.

sutter and beagle are older and we just lost madden

Ristolainen could be expensive. He was also a -41 last season, -25 the season before, and was previously a -32 and -21. He's never been a + player. He's currently at 0, but BUF will probably miss the playoffs, so how much will he actually help the Canucks?

I'd hate to trade Gaudette for almost anyone really. He's such an intriguing player, who knows how good he'll get. Still young (23) and a force at times. Big, fast, fights, team player, provides energy, has some of the best cellies and he's hungry. I think a perfect playoff type of player. 

• Burr 1
4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think they'd want a good young forward for Risto.

that would be Gaudette wouldn't it? 

i wouldn't trade Gaudette. he's too valuable to the Canucks. who would take his place? Sutter? Sutter is where offense goes to die. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

that would be Gaudette wouldn't it? 

i wouldn't trade Gaudette. he's too valuable to the Canucks. who would take his place? Sutter? Sutter is where offense goes to die. 

I don't think we should make the trade. We don't really have the cap too.

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think we should make the trade. We don't really have the cap too.

Stecher + Virtanen + Baer (and say Utunen or similar to make up for dumping Baer).

Not sure I'd do it as I do enjoy how Virtanen is developing but Risto would be a hell of a nice add on our back end...

Edited by aGENT
7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Stecher + Virtanen + Baer (and say Utunen or similar to make up for dumping Baer).

Not sure I'd do it as I do enjoy how Virtanen is developing but Risto would be a hell of a nice add on our back end...

I'd be a little iffy giving up young players now till we got a few more in and make some players expendable. Don't know if that would be enough either.

Patience might be the right call for the time being.

• Hydration 2
20 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Gaudette+ OJ +stecher+ Virtanen for Risto and Reinhart

Miller Petey Toffoli

Pearson Reinhart Boesser

Roussel Bo Motte

Beagle Sutter McEwan

Leivo

Edler Myers

Hughes Risto

Tryamkin/Benn Tanev

I don't think trading Gaud is in the cards. It was going to be him or Madden centering the third line, and with the TT trade, I think Gaud is here to stay for now. 

• Hydration 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't look now, but this kid is establishing himself as a legit #3 centre.  23 years old and looks like he'll get over .5ppg in his second season.  Got to love his hustle and enthusiasm.  Winning teams have to have effective secondary players like this.  Not too shabby for a 5th rounder.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2