The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On 2/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, Canucks Curse said:

please do not trade gaudette, he will be a rob brindamour

I dunno if he'll ever become Roddy Brindamour, great though if he does. One of the best 2 way players in his era, an absolute machine. Rod can probably put on some gear and play 4th line minutes on some teams right now, the guy is a physical specimen

15 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

I dunno if he'll ever become Roddy Brindamour, great though if he does. One of the best 2 way players in his era, an absolute machine. Rod can probably put on some gear and play 4th line minutes on some teams right now, the guy is a physical specimen

i don't know, see Bo Horvat more like the Rod Brindamour type.  Maybe Gaudette should aspire to be a 1c.  Having trouble finding a comparable player, maybe like Fedorov, long, rangy, fast, can check and hit, can score... not sure 

Edited by Comeback_Kings
  • Cheers 1

LOL ive seen Fedorov play back in his hay day, him and Sergei are completely different players, skinny and rangy is probably the only thing thats similar. Fedorov has a lot of flash to his game, Gaudette doesn't (not yet at least hopefully?) When I see Gaudette play, hes a good skater ( a bit upright) his puck skills are ok, still gets knock down more than I like but when he fills out, that will improve. What Gaudz does he gets to the hard areas of the ice and does what a 3rd line centre is supposed to do, work hard, get possession time, he does things that coaches LOVE to see from their 3rd line centre(could be better on the dot, but hes improved). If he keeps on doing what he does every game, the guy is going to have a pretty good career, and not just by 5th rounder or whatever he was drafted, just any player in general. I still do think the offence from college will show up at some point, I really think he can still blossom in the PP2 in the left circle blasting one timers. Gaudz has done remarkably well for his 2nd full season, his progression from the time he arrived to now is just incredible. Definetly a key piece of this team going forward

• 1 month later...

I sure like how Gaudette has developed ... The centre position looks very good for many years..

1. Petey 21, 2. Horvat 25, 3. Gaudette 23

Gaudette playing 3rd line and 2nd PP he should get 13-15 mins per game..I would even put him on wing shorten bench in close games when we need a goal...

Gaudette -23 - 6'1, 185 lbs -- 19-24 G -- 46-52 points-- I could see Gaudette a # 2 centre by age 25? Points will go up with extra ice time...

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

I sure like how Gaudette has developed ... The centre position looks very good for many years..

1. Petey 21, 2. Horvat 25, 3. Gaudette 23

Gaudette playing 3rd line and 2nd PP he should get 13-15 mins per game..I would even put him on wing shorten bench in close games when we need a goal...

Gaudette -23 - 6'1, 185 lbs -- 19-24 G -- 46-52 points-- I could see Gaudette a # 2 centre by age 25? Points will go up with extra ice time...

I do think Gaudette has 2nd line potential, but he won't be getting those minutes with Petey and Bo on our team.

Gotta a good feeling that Gaudette is going to take a big step next year and break out...he is at that age where players start to produce on the scoreboard while being responsible defensively.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Congratulations to the new bride and groom. Mr and Mrs Gaudette ....Adam and Micheala :towel:

Screenshot_20200622-030144_Instagram.jpg

Looks like he's following in Bo's footsteps by getting hitched at a bit of a younger age. Good to see guys finding love for life.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:54 PM, Pete M said:

Gotta a good feeling that Gaudette is going to take a big step next year and break out...he is at that age where players start to produce on the scoreboard while being responsible defensively.

I'd definitely like to see him over the 40 pnt mark next season.

• Cheers 1

I see Gaudette being a 45-52 point guy playing 3rd line Centre 2nd PP unit. Would like to see Gaudette playing on wing in close games more ice time..

So average 14-17 mins a game -- 75GP-- G 19=23 -- 46-52 PTS -- He is ready for 2nd line duty..   

1. Petey AVG 19--22 mins  ---- 2. Horvat  AVG 19 -- 22 mins.  --- 3. Gaudette  AVG 14-16 mins --- 4. Sutter  or Beagle..

We are so lucky with our top 3 centre ice men... Future is bright...

Gaudette could fill #2 spot..

I really like the center depth this organization has going forward. Pettersson as #1, Bo Horvat as #2, and Adam Gaudette as #3. Not to mention Miller who can also play center and he is a beast in the face-off circle as well. I think the Canucks are just a couple of legit top 2 or top 3 defenseman away from being a contender.

Kesler was a 3rd line center for a lot of his career, but when he got the chance, he was able to be a responsible two-way 2nd line center (with less than stellar wingers).

Gaudette can have a similar path if he keeps developing defensively and being a big pain in the butt to play against, while chipping away offensively (I think he's already ahead of Kesler in that regard).