Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If he can't improve then his future is at wing and decisions will have to be made in the near future with Virtanen, Boeser and Gaud when the next wave of youngsters come.

Don't think he can stick here at wing tbh. I'm sure we'll get Toffoli signed and Boeser/Virtanen/Podkolzin/Leivo/Macewen/Lind are all there or soon to be there.

 

Just makes sense to use him as a trade chip if he can't provide what we need as a key piece to our team moving forward yenno?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Don't think he can stick here at wing tbh. I'm sure we'll get Toffoli signed and Boeser/Virtanen/Podkolzin/Leivo/Macewen/Lind are all there or soon to be there.

 

Just makes sense to use him as a trade chip if he can't provide what we need as a key piece to our team moving forward yenno?

Rather trade Virtanen if we were to trade one now since he's gonna have a bigger contract. Gaudette can't be offer-sheeted or go to arbitration so he isn't gonna get a lot.

 

Gaudette also plays with more intensity/effort than Virtanen does. He has 1/2 the experience of Virtanen despite still having a breakout year the same time as Virtanen.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Rather trade Virtanen if we were to trade one now since he's gonna have a bigger contract. Gaudette can't be offer-sheeted or go to arbitration so he isn't gonna get a lot.

 

Gaudette also plays with more intensity/effort than Virtanen does. He has 1/2 the experience of Virtanen despite still having a breakout year the same time as Virtanen.

Fair points, I agree Jake's consistency in effort is annoying but he's still a better player defensively than Adam and he's already scoring at a 20/20 pace. His versatility is also a major asset. Personally I'd trade Gaudette before Virtanen as long as we have an alternative option at 3C.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Brutal playoff showing from Adam.

 

I don't believe in his defensive upside. Hope we can deal him for a useful asset and acquire a better 3C.

Yeah honestly I love what he brought in the regular season. He was our worst player in the playoffs imo.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a good shot and some offensive upside and that's why he got all those powerplay points. 

 

I'd say it's time to sell high on him, he's had almost 2 seasons on the roster without establishing himself.

 

Edited by J-P
Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks very clumsy with the puck I noticed all year long and got further exemplified in the playoffs when small things matter.

 

He has great energy and tenacity, but he doesn't seem to always read the play well and over commits himself in all 3 zones.  Despite improving his faceoff capabilities, I don't see him being a centre at this level.  He is a good hybrid winger who can take a few draws here and there like Markus Gralund did, but his main bread and butter is generating speed off the wing and looking for a shot/forecheck.

 

Obviously resign him, but if you can sell high and get a more well fitting 3rd line centre, do it.  I don't see him being much more than a bottom six energy player - almost the same mold of Antoine Roussel's role minus being an agitator. 

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 8:07 AM, J-P said:

He has a good shot and some offensive upside and that's why he got all those powerplay points. 

 

I'd say it's time to sell high on him, he's had almost 2 seasons on the roster without establishing himself.

That would depend on the offers. And he certainly has time to improve still, but I would be listening, even as a part of a package deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2020 at 11:58 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He looks very clumsy with the puck I noticed all year long and got further exemplified in the playoffs when small things matter.

 

He has great energy and tenacity, but he doesn't seem to always read the play well and over commits himself in all 3 zones.  Despite improving his faceoff capabilities, I don't see him being a centre at this level.  He is a good hybrid winger who can take a few draws here and there like Markus Gralund did, but his main bread and butter is generating speed off the wing and looking for a shot/forecheck.

 

Obviously resign him, but if you can sell high and get a more well fitting 3rd line centre, do it.  I don't see him being much more than a bottom six energy player - almost the same mold of Antoine Roussel's role minus being an agitator. 

I was thinking the same thing.

Simplifying his game and taking a lot of pressure off could be the way to go.

The problem is, we have an embarrassment of wealth on the wings.

Unfortunately, either way Gaud seems to lack the sandpaper game I like on the third line. It's a tough thing to say,but he could be one of the expendables.

I've been mentioning in other posts about acquiring somebody like Domi.

Plays a much more abrasive game and would slot nicely into the 3C position.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Simplifying his game and taking a lot of pressure off could be the way to go.

The problem is, we have an embarrassment of wealth on the wings.

Unfortunately, either way Gaud seems to lack the sandpaper game I like on the third line. It's a tough thing to say,but he could be one of the expendables.

I've been mentioning in other posts about acquiring somebody like Domi.

Plays a much more abrasive game and would slot nicely into the 3C position.

 

 

Friedman thinks Domi could accept to sign at 5.5 - 5.75M for 1 year but won't sign at that price long term.  He certainly does not see himself as a 3rd liner.  He is 2 years to free agency and has now Darren Ferris as agent.  He has had several of his clients hold out.  

 

Domi wants to play C and is better at C per Julien.  With Horvat and Pettersson and his arbitration rights/UFA status in 2 years, trading for Domi doesn't seem worthwhile.

 

Edited by mll
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 8:48 PM, elvis15 said:

That would depend on the offers. And he certainly has time to improve still, but I would be listening, even as a part of a package deal.

He just doesn’t seem to be developing as rapidly as I assumed he would. I really thought he had a chance to be a star....I’m beginning to lose faith…Pity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Lol you folks are embarrassing! This kid improves every single year. Until he ceases to do so, no way should we move him (unless offered a RD that we can’t refuse of course).

With all due respect.....He’s not a kid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

With all due respect.....He’s not a kid. 

Your point? You guys need to get over your post elimination blues thinking everyone needs to be moved out. Hockey Gaud isn’t going anywhere unless another team over pays for him. If he continues his projection, he will have a Burrows-esque effect for this team.

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

I can see him being packaged with Jake to get some draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both sent to Ottawa from like a 2nd and 3rd rounder. 

I'm not sure Benning is after draft picks, but more to shed some salary. Jake or Adam might be added to a Sutter trade though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HomeBrew said:

Your point? You guys need to get over your post elimination blues thinking everyone needs to be moved out. Hockey Gaud isn’t going anywhere unless another team over pays for him. If he continues his projection, he will have a Burrows-esque effect for this team.

Your point? I don’t have a post elimination blues. I like Adam. Burrows -esque ? That’s ambitious. I hope so. Hockey Gaud …Well that gives you away. That was a college boy…Not what we’re seeing at the moment.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...