The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

6 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

score 30 points and make a million? is this the year 1990? he's earned 2 million for his regular season play, his poor playoff performance may bump him down a notch.   i just looked at goldobins contract, so maybe im off by a bit. 

To be fair, he doesn't bring much else to the table at the moment. He plays 9 minutes, doesn't defend, kill penalties or play physically. 

Motte does more, deserves more, no way Gaudette right now deserve more than Motte for just points scored.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

To be fair, he doesn't bring much else to the table at the moment. He plays 9 minutes, doesn't defend, kill penalties or play physically. 

Motte does more, deserves more, no way Gaudette right now deserve more than Motte for just points scored.

Gaudette did get PP time and helped to improve the Canucks 2nd PP so I think he has that going for him.

Notwithstanding his 30-points, I can see his value being impeded by the things he doesn't do.  If the Canucks can re-sign him to $2M or below, then that will help with the cap situation quite a bit.

I know there were rumblings on Gaudette's official Twitch account on his switch over to #8 from his college days. With the official announcement of Schmidt getting #88, here's to the speculation that once signed, he will be the new #8 on the block!

Edited by Harvey Specter

14 minutes ago, Harvey Specter said:

I know there were rumblings on Gaudette's official Twitch account on his switch over to #8 from his college days. With the official announcement of Schmidt getting #88, here's to the speculation that once signed, he will be the new #8 on the block!

So does this mean that Train is done here.....::ph34r:

Nikita Tryamkin

Just now, DeNiro said:

I could see him not taking number 8 out of respect to Tanev.

Kind of like how no one has taken Bieksas number 3 since he left. 

Possibly, though I remember Ohlund's 2 was taken pretty quickly by Hamhuis.

I don't know why Gaudette isn't putting more into his off season training.  I mean there are ways to put some meat on one's bones without resorting to PEDs or losing performance.  In fact, more strength (when done correctly) means more speed not less (as some people assume).  He's a pro athlete with pro strength and conditioning coaches, I don't understand why he's so scrawny.  People have to work with the genetics they have but I think a few extra pounds of muscle would really help his game.  Go Canucks Go!

25 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I don't know why Gaudette isn't putting more into his off season training.  I mean there are ways to put some meat on one's bones without resorting to PEDs or losing performance.  In fact, more strength (when done correctly) means more speed not less (as some people assume).  He's a pro athlete with pro strength and conditioning coaches, I don't understand why he's so scrawny.  People have to work with the genetics they have but I think a few extra pounds of muscle would really help his game.  Go Canucks Go!

Where is this coming from?  How do you know he's not putting the time into his off-season training?  Stirring the pot cause you're board me thinks... I have no doubt that Gauds comes to camp in the best shape of his life.  He's had a season and playoffs to learn what it will take for him to be more effective.  I'm sure that's the number one focus every day.   

46 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Where is this coming from?  How do you know he's not putting the time into his off-season training?  Stirring the pot cause you're board me thinks... I have no doubt that Gauds comes to camp in the best shape of his life.  He's had a season and playoffs to learn what it will take for him to be more effective.  I'm sure that's the number one focus every day.   

If you watch his stream on twitch or are on Gaud’s streaming discord you’ll kind of figure out his off-season schedule. It kind of consists of on ice training, off ice training and gaming/streaming. 

He doesn’t stream in long sessions, tops only 4ish hours and usually early for us since he is on east coast. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

How dare you overreact to my overreaction.  :P  Yes, I have no idea what he actually does in the off-season.  I'm not trying to say he's lazy, or be all that critical, I'm just trying to say he needs to put on a few pounds.  It's not that I don't like him or his style of play, he just needs a bit more muscle so he isn't pushed off the puck so much.  I didn't think that was so controversial.  But anyway, Go Canucks Go!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

How dare you overreact to my overreaction.  :P  Yes, I have no idea what he actually does in the off-season.  I'm not trying to say he's lazy, or be all that critical, I'm just trying to say he needs to put on a few pounds.  It's not that I don't like him or his style of play, he just needs a bit more muscle so he isn't pushed off the puck so much.  I didn't think that was so controversial.  But anyway, Go Canucks Go!

I agree with this response more than your earlier take (more level headed).  Yah absolutely, he needs more strength period.  However my point is, he has the right attitude and mindset that I'm not concerned with his commitment to getting better.  He's elite when it comes to his compete level.  I expect him to come into camp 3 to 5 lbs heavier with real muscle mass not just gym mass.  I'm excited to see how he looks/handles himself come start of next season.

• Cheers 1

On 6/27/2015 at 9:46 AM, NHL'er said:

C   |   6'1"   |   183 lbs

Shoots | Right

Born | 1996-10-03

Birthplace | Braintree, MA, USA

Draft | 2015 Round 5 #149 Overall by Vancouver Canucks

You can switch his number.

The hockey Gaud will be wearing Bures old number 96

Besides a jersey number switch, I wonder if his position might also?  If Jake isn't consistent or heaven forbid doesn't want to come back, that's a gaping hole on the right wing on one of the top two lines, and given how cash strapped we are I wonder if we might try him in one of those spots?  Conversely do you guys feel that he'd fit better at 3C?

(let's say beer emoji react if you would give him a shot at 2 RW, Vintage goal horn emoji if you'd prefer him to stick at center, and feel free to add your reasons why).

• Cheers 1