The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

I've been saying for a while now that I think AG would make a better winger than a C.

8 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Besides a jersey number switch, I wonder if his position might also?  If Jake isn't consistent or heaven forbid doesn't want to come back, that's a gaping hole on the right wing on one of the top two lines, and given how cash strapped we are I wonder if we might try him in one of those spots?  Conversely do you guys feel that he'd fit better at 3C?

(let's say beer emoji react if you would give him a shot at 2 RW, Vintage goal horn emoji if you'd prefer him to stick at center, and feel free to add your reasons why).

I've been saying for a while now that I think AG would make a better winger than a C. He can use his hustle and high battle level along the boards without having to worry as much about the additional C responsibilities (where he tends to struggle more).

I think (assuming we eventually re-sign Leivo) that he, Leivo, Virtanen (and if healthy, Ferland) will all duke it out for 2rw time and likely all spend some time there.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:07 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Waits for the eventual outrage that Gaudette is using a number that once belonged to Pavel Bure. 

Not sure anyone cares. That was a long time ago, and it isn't like we can keep future players from wearing numbers that belonged to our good players over the years unless we officially retire them.

20 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Not sure anyone cares. That was a long time ago, and it isn't like we can keep future players from wearing numbers that belonged to our good players over the years unless we officially retire them.

And what's more, it wasn't even Bure's original number nor the one he was most well-known for. He switched back to #10 because #96 wasn't working for him anymore.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

I bet if it was Jake that was wearing 96 we'd never hear the end of it. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

No description available.

Certainly has the work ethic to get there, however, severely needs to work on the faceoffs department and defensive reading. 

hopefully faceoffs gets better, its a bummer manny left.

Edited by TNucks1

3 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

hopefully faceoffs gets better, its a bummer manny left.

Yup. Would have liked to of kept Manny, but he’s going to progress well into a larger coaching role. I’m hoping the guys on the team, whom dominated the dot last season, can now pass on the knowledge.

2 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Yup. Would have liked to of kept Manny, but he’s going to progress well into a larger coaching role. I’m hoping the guys on the team, whom dominated the dot last season, can now pass on the knowledge.

get beags up teaching them now lol

8 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

I am sure they can. Not to mention that coach Green is not exactly helpless in that area. TG was dominant in the circle during his playing career, invariably over .500 at the dot every year, and still holds the all time NHL record for most faceoff wins in a single game.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I am sure they can. Not to mention that coach Green is not exactly helpless in that area. TG was dominant in the circle during his playing career, invariably over .500 at the dot every year, and still holds the all time NHL record for most faceoff wins in a single game.

I honestly completely forgot about that. It would be neat if Green also worked with some of the centres to pass down his faceoff prowess.

• Cheers 1