The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

Happy they moved him, would have been horrible for he and the wife to remain here.

Too many "fans" would carp on him for the rest of his time with the team.Doesn't matter what the team doctor said, morons would still blame him or his partner.

Jimmy Fallon Fish GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sincerity, or damage control? 

I'm going with the former. 

Best of luck to you Hockey Gaud in the next phase of your career.  I despise the franchise you are going to - but at the same time I wish you success on your new team. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh..Sekeres.  Yep, definitely legit.  We know we can trust that guy.....he's NEVER steered us wrong.  :rolleyes:

I especially love the plug to tune in to his show to hear more.  Nothing like generating a buzz.

Maybe not but you don't hear that kind of stuff often with players who have been traded away. Sekeras has been wrong but he isn't really the type to make that kind of stuff up. Especially when he knows the kind of backlash that kind of news can bring out,

9 minutes ago, smokes said:

Maybe not but you don't hear that kind of stuff often with players who have been traded away. Sekeras has been wrong but he isn't really the type to make that kind of stuff up. Especially when he knows the kind of backlash that kind of news can bring out,

Sekeres will say what  gets him noticed, he believes that is part of his job.

"Sometimes you have to put on the clown suit"--- Sekeres.

• Vintage 1

Here's the thing....does any of it matter at this point?  Who cares?

He's moved on and, for whatever reason, it's water under the bridge.  Trying to dredge something up seems a little pointless, even for those whose jobs it is to do so.  Soap opera hockey gets real tiring.

I believe that "even if" some of what's out there is true....when they go low [fill in the blank].  Let him leave with some dignity and a good feeling about this city.  No need to kick someone when they're down.  I doubt ANYONE WANTED Covid...I'm pretty sure of that.  

The way some are attacking his wife says more about them than her.   I've hesitated to say much (so far), but every time I turn on the radio someone is digging for the "why's" in it all.  When, really, moving from team to team as needs are assessed and addressed is simply part of hockey.  Doesn't need to be drama involved.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, gurn said:

Happy they moved him, would have been horrible for he and the wife to remain here.

Too many "fans" would carp on him for the rest of his time with the team.Doesn't matter what the team doctor said, morons would still blame him or his partner.

If fans actually were on him for that then I'm sorry but what a bunch of degenerate clowns.

That's like being blamed for catching the flu. 

Covid is obviously more serious, but he is still a victim of the virus like anyone else. It could've happened to anyone on the team.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

He had some nice moments but overall he couldn't score enough to make up for his defensive liabilities and he wasn't physically strong enough to be a checker.  Oh and he couldn't win face-offs.  The Covid stuff is completely irrelevant.

Go Canucks Go!

• Hydration 1

Benning is finding gem prospects but then selling at the wrong time.

He needs to get better at pulling the trigger at the right time if he doesn’t think a guy is going to be a long term fit.

6 years of development thrown away with no return.

• Huggy Bear 1

• 3 months later...

https://www.gaudyandglamorous.com/post/goodbye-for-now

:( 

Micaela Gaudette

• a day ago
  •  
  • 4 min

Goodbye.. for now

Hello beautiful people. I know I have been absent from this blog for quite some time now. I wanted to give everyone a quick update on everything and give a reason behind this.

Life has been a whirlwind since April for my husband and me. After we both had COVID, we were then traded to the Chicago Blackhawks. This was the most stressful time of my life. From being sick for 2 weeks to then packing up our 1300 sq ft townhouse on my own, I was burnt. I didn’t eat or sleep properly for 3 weeks from being sick to then completely stressed out.

After packing up our place in Vancouver, of course my luggage was misplaced, and I was left without any of my belongings in Chicago. I won’t lie, I did splurge in Chicago since it was my birthday week, so the missing luggage was a good excuse for some retail therapy. (With my luck in the travel department, misplaced luggage was inevitable.)

After the season wrapped up, we took the rest of the month of May to enjoy each other and not worry about everything else that was happening. I needed some time off from social media after seeing some awful rumors about my husband and me. (Waking up every morning to mean comments on my posts was also not fun.) This was a good time to take a much needed mental health break from social media. We had an amazing honeymoon in Turks and Caicos and it was a time to focus on ourselves and our relationship.

Come June, we were pleasantly surprised to find out we were expecting! Safe to say we had a lot of fun on our honeymoon.. During this time, I was so fatigued. It seemed like all I did was eat and sleep. Growing a baby was a lot of work and does a lot to woman’s body.

Unfortunately, at 6 weeks I miscarried. This was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. The physical pain of it does not compare to the emotional aspects. Before I speak on this more, I would like to point out that my experience is MY experience, and everyone’s is different. I also would like to say, miscarriages happen more often than people think, and it is not spoken about as much as it should be.

For me, the emotional pain of losing the baby was just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of my pain came after accepting this truth. My husband and I were not “trying” and this was an exciting accident for us. Although we were excited from the initial pregnancy news, we were able to accept that everything happens for a reason and right now is not our time to have a baby.

I think a lot of people talk about the pain of losing the baby but not the other awful things that a woman goes through after. Once the bleeding and doctors’ visits ended, I thought that the worst was over. For me, the worst came after. When a woman miscarries, their hormones are completely off. My hair was falling out, my skin broke out in hormonal acne and my uterus continued to grow making me bloated all the time. Sometimes when a woman goes through this, their uterus continues to grow until their next period because their body still thinks they are pregnant.

My issues were not based off me looking a certain way. The issue was that I didn’t feel like myself. My moods were up and down and I felt disgusting. I didn’t want to see anyone or leave the house for weeks. I didn’t want to do anything. My clothes didn’t fit me right, so I lived in sweats and stayed in the house for the majority of the time. I haven’t had acne like that since I was 15 and I did not know what to do about it. I just didn’t feel like myself.

One thing I learned is that it's important to speak up about how you feel. I had problems with doing this because I did not want other people's pity. Instead of speaking about how I was feeling, I continued to tell everyone I was fine. I already felt vulnerable so I didn't want to feel weak. If you are going through this or anything really, please speak to your loved ones or a therapist about it. It will help more than hurt you in the end.

Looking back now, I realized I was the opposite of weak.

But just like everything else in life, time healed everything I was going through. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who was by my side through it all. Oddly enough, I felt more drawn to him than ever and our connection grew immensely. He is sincerely my life liney. Like I said, my experience is different than others, but my heart goes out to every woman who has gone through the same or something similar.

My social media intake and presence has since gone down, and it has done wonders for my mental health. Social media and blogging were beginning to make me feel incredibly anxious because of the harassment I was facing from many people. I want to thank the people out there who were kind to my husband and me when we were very active on social media. For now, I am going to continue this break from blogging to focus on my modeling career and my wellbeing.

I am not looking for sympathy from anyone. I want to shed light on some not so great things that happen in life and hopefully it reminds you to be kind because you truly don't know what anyone is going through.

With love,

Micaela

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1