The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On 11/12/2021 at 5:16 AM, Putgolzin said:

It occurred to me that it’s been years since I’ve heard anything noteworthy about Gaudette that didn’t have his wife all tangled in the middle.

Well I see Chicago put him on waivers today and guess what his wife likely goes with him :lol:

• 5 months later...
On 10/15/2017 at 9:08 PM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlin and Goldy will be replacing Burmistrov, Gagner, Vanek and Player Name ....next year and the rebuild will be 90% complete....Dahlin, Merkely Boqvist or Hughes with Joulevi being the other 10%....

This is going to be a very exciting team next year with lots of improvement coming this year, my only fear for the future is our dreaded Canuckluck  and playoff reffing.....

On 10/7/2017 at 6:56 AM, Bigturk8 said:

I like to think that would be comparable to a 2011 line of Torres-Kesler-Hansen.

Gadjovich as Torres with a scoring touch and an edge but more composed. Gaudette who's already been compared to Kesler in play style (let's hope he meets that potential) and Virtanen as a bigger Hansen who skates fast, is a hound on the puck and a strong wrist shot.

This is of course assuming that these guys all pan out very well. If they do, it's pretty enticing. 

On 10/28/2017 at 6:12 AM, flickyoursedin said:

Hope they get this kid signed this year! Love his game. I can definitely see him turning into a top 6 NHL forward.

CompetentParallelColt-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

https://www.gaudyandglamorous.com/post/goodbye-for-now

:( 

Micaela Gaudette

• a day ago
  •  
  • 4 min

Goodbye.. for now

Hello beautiful people. I know I have been absent from this blog for quite some time now. I wanted to give everyone a quick update on everything and give a reason behind this.

Life has been a whirlwind since April for my husband and me. After we both had COVID, we were then traded to the Chicago Blackhawks. This was the most stressful time of my life. From being sick for 2 weeks to then packing up our 1300 sq ft townhouse on my own, I was burnt. I didn’t eat or sleep properly for 3 weeks from being sick to then completely stressed out.

After packing up our place in Vancouver, of course my luggage was misplaced, and I was left without any of my belongings in Chicago. I won’t lie, I did splurge in Chicago since it was my birthday week, so the missing luggage was a good excuse for some retail therapy. (With my luck in the travel department, misplaced luggage was inevitable.)

After the season wrapped up, we took the rest of the month of May to enjoy each other and not worry about everything else that was happening. I needed some time off from social media after seeing some awful rumors about my husband and me. (Waking up every morning to mean comments on my posts was also not fun.) This was a good time to take a much needed mental health break from social media. We had an amazing honeymoon in Turks and Caicos and it was a time to focus on ourselves and our relationship.

Come June, we were pleasantly surprised to find out we were expecting! Safe to say we had a lot of fun on our honeymoon.. During this time, I was so fatigued. It seemed like all I did was eat and sleep. Growing a baby was a lot of work and does a lot to woman’s body.

Unfortunately, at 6 weeks I miscarried. This was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. The physical pain of it does not compare to the emotional aspects. Before I speak on this more, I would like to point out that my experience is MY experience, and everyone’s is different. I also would like to say, miscarriages happen more often than people think, and it is not spoken about as much as it should be.

For me, the emotional pain of losing the baby was just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of my pain came after accepting this truth. My husband and I were not “trying” and this was an exciting accident for us. Although we were excited from the initial pregnancy news, we were able to accept that everything happens for a reason and right now is not our time to have a baby.

I think a lot of people talk about the pain of losing the baby but not the other awful things that a woman goes through after. Once the bleeding and doctors’ visits ended, I thought that the worst was over. For me, the worst came after. When a woman miscarries, their hormones are completely off. My hair was falling out, my skin broke out in hormonal acne and my uterus continued to grow making me bloated all the time. Sometimes when a woman goes through this, their uterus continues to grow until their next period because their body still thinks they are pregnant.

My issues were not based off me looking a certain way. The issue was that I didn’t feel like myself. My moods were up and down and I felt disgusting. I didn’t want to see anyone or leave the house for weeks. I didn’t want to do anything. My clothes didn’t fit me right, so I lived in sweats and stayed in the house for the majority of the time. I haven’t had acne like that since I was 15 and I did not know what to do about it. I just didn’t feel like myself.

One thing I learned is that it's important to speak up about how you feel. I had problems with doing this because I did not want other people's pity. Instead of speaking about how I was feeling, I continued to tell everyone I was fine. I already felt vulnerable so I didn't want to feel weak. If you are going through this or anything really, please speak to your loved ones or a therapist about it. It will help more than hurt you in the end.

Looking back now, I realized I was the opposite of weak.

But just like everything else in life, time healed everything I was going through. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who was by my side through it all. Oddly enough, I felt more drawn to him than ever and our connection grew immensely. He is sincerely my life liney. Like I said, my experience is different than others, but my heart goes out to every woman who has gone through the same or something similar.

My social media intake and presence has since gone down, and it has done wonders for my mental health. Social media and blogging were beginning to make me feel incredibly anxious because of the harassment I was facing from many people. I want to thank the people out there who were kind to my husband and me when we were very active on social media. For now, I am going to continue this break from blogging to focus on my modeling career and my wellbeing.

I am not looking for sympathy from anyone. I want to shed light on some not so great things that happen in life and hopefully it reminds you to be kind because you truly don't know what anyone is going through.

With love,

Micaela

Just reading this now.  Breaks my heart for Adam and his wife.

My wife went through a real difficult pregnancy and thankfully she delivered a healthy (full term, albeit undersized) baby boy during the winter storm this past December.  Even though the outcome of our life experience and the Gaudettes were different, I totally get the physical, mental and emotional pain and stress that Micaela Gaudette went through, and simply how important it was for Adam to be present, available and supportive for his wife.  I chose early retirement so I could be with my wife 24/7, and it was the best decision I ever made.  And I suppose if there is anything positive about the Gaudette's experience, it occurred during the off-season when he would have been available around the clock for his wife.

Good on Micaela for sharing her experience and story.

Tom Cruise be damned...the neo-natal, birthing, and post-partum mental/emotional/physical issues are real. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Googlie said:

Big day today for AG in US overtime win vs Sweden in the World's..... 2 goals (incl the OT gamewinner) and an assist on Nate Schmidt's goal

Good for him,  seemed like a good kid when he was here.  Always like seeing ex canucks do well in games not against us.

• Cheers 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, PVK said:

Wouldn't be shocked if he got a point-per-game playing with those guys. Not only are they amazing forwards, but he also has some solid offensive instincts that we saw in Vancouver, so could maybe hang with them to some degree.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Wouldn't be shocked if he got a point-per-game playing with those guys. Not only are they amazing forwards, but he also has some solid offensive instincts that we saw in Vancouver, so could maybe hang with them to some degree.

His main issues in Vancouver were that he couldn't finish and he sucks defensively. 

We'll see how that all plays out. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

His main issues in Vancouver were that he couldn't finish and he sucks defensively. 

We'll see how that all plays out. 

Yeah, both Matthews and Marner are great defensively, so either they'll cover for him or hate playing with him, haha.

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, both Matthews and Marner are great defensively, so either they'll cover for him or hate playing with him, haha.

Again, we'll see. 

He couldn't handle it here. I wanted the guy to succeed but... anyway, we'll find out soon enough. 

32 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

This might be the perfect opportunity for him, handed on a silver platter... if he makes the most of it.
Tavares can take draws so he can play the wing, both of the linemates can also play D and are strong play-makers (Gaud's scored some on the LW before with us, so with their gravity if he can get open he'll get chances).  If he doesn't put in the effort though, I could see him being the liability on his line and so have to get moved off it.  It really just matters how much of a dog he has in him, and how hard he'll play.