Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C


NHL'er
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well he has over 60pts along with 30+ goals and a handful of games yet to play.

Most would say he is doing quite well.

 

Lol right back at ya bud

 

Good to see you had time on your hands to read that far back tho

It only took 1 click. 

 

That didn't answer my question. Is he better than Gaudette?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Yes our future is looking bright

 

But for the love of god, Eriksson and his massive contract seems such a s**t smeer on the whole rebuild

 

How the heck do we get rid of Eriksson and his contract?

He will almost certainly be better next year, and with the Sedins nearing retirement will become a key veteran.  Remember too, his NMC changes to an NTC after next year, then to a modified NTC two years after that.  So even "worst-case", in just over three years he has to submit a list of teams that we can trade him to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

"Worst Canucks draft ever."

- Dave Pratt

Pratt is an idiot. lmao. he makes silly comments to agitate people. i don't take anything he says seriously, especially when it comes to sports. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He will almost certainly be better next year, and with the Sedins nearing retirement will become a key veteran.  Remember too, his NMC changes to an NTC after next year, then to a modified NTC two years after that.  So even "worst-case", in just over three years he has to submit a list of teams that we can trade him to.

wouldn't be surprised if Dan and Hank sign year to year after this current contract is done. They're not going anywhere, and it will allow some of our younger players to take their time developing until they're ready for the big show. I can see Sedins playing another 3-4 years on one year contracts. 

but yeah, Eriksson's contract is a massive mistake. hoping he turns it around next season, he has to, or else it'll look even worse. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

It only took 1 click. 

 

That didn't answer my question. Is he better than Gaudette?

Radovan Bondra

 

59 games played, 32 goals, 31 assists, 63 points in the WHL.

 

Adam Gaudette

 

36 games played, 26 goals, 26 assists, 52 points.

 

So, while Bondra is a decent player...No. He is not better than Gaudette.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He will almost certainly be better next year, and with the Sedins nearing retirement will become a key veteran.  Remember too, his NMC changes to an NTC after next year, then to a modified NTC two years after that.  So even "worst-case", in just over three years he has to submit a list of teams that we can trade him to.

Yes and people need to remember that Eriksson is only one year removed from a 30 goal season.  I think his lack of goal production this year has more to do with the "system" Willie has in place and his never ending shuffling of lines than Eriksson losing his scoring touch.  Radim Vrbata is a perfect example of this.  Vrbata has already almost doubled his point production from last year and still has 16 games to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

wouldn't be surprised if Dan and Hank sign year to year after this current contract is done. They're not going anywhere, and it will allow some of our younger players to take their time developing until they're ready for the big show. I can see Sedins playing another 3-4 years on one year contracts. 

but yeah, Eriksson's contract is a massive mistake. hoping he turns it around next season, he has to, or else it'll look even worse.

Yet to be seen but their drop-off this season was I think unexpected by most.  And it's not like one of them is injured, they've both fallen off.  If they maintain this level they can be useful as middle-sixers and of course their mentorship, but any further and they're going to be a net negative on the team.  At times really treading water as it is, and undoubtedly both them and management realize it; that's why it's already been said there will be "discussions" after the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Radovan Bondra

 

59 games played, 32 goals, 31 assists, 63 points in the WHL.

 

Adam Gaudette

 

36 games played, 26 goals, 26 assists, 52 points.

 

So, while Bondra is a decent player...No. He is not better than Gaudette.

It's much harder to score in the NCAA than it is in the WHL.  Gaudette as a 20 year old is tied for 6th in scoring with 52 points.  Jimmy Vesey in his best year as a 21 year old got 58 points.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

wouldn't be surprised if Dan and Hank sign year to year after this current contract is done. They're not going anywhere, and it will allow some of our younger players to take their time developing until they're ready for the big show. I can see Sedins playing another 3-4 years on one year contracts. 

but yeah, Eriksson's contract is a massive mistake. hoping he turns it around next season, he has to, or else it'll look even worse. 

 

I don't see the Sedins playing another 3-4 years, especially with the Canucks.  I think they are done with the Canucks after next year.  We have way too many kids that need to be integrated into the team for the full rebuild to take effect.  Boeser, Gaudette, Virtanen, Dahlen.  And of course whoever we draft next year.  Not to mention we will probably trade one or our excess D for a top 6 forward.

 

The Sedins are legends in Vancouver and their jerseys will go up in the rafters.  But every dog has their day.  Even Gretzky retired at 38, which is what the Sedins will be when their contract expires.  I just don't see them fitting in on the second or third line with all the kids coming up and with the Canucks supposedly in full rebuild mode at this point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Yes and people need to remember that Eriksson is only one year removed from a 30 goal season.  I think his lack of goal production this year has more to do with the "system" Willie has in place and his never ending shuffling of lines than Eriksson losing his scoring touch.  Radim Vrbata is a perfect example of this.  Vrbata has already almost doubled his point production from last year and still has 16 games to go.

so what your saying is, it's willie that's the problem :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

I don't see the Sedins playing another 3-4 years, especially with the Canucks.  I think they are done with the Canucks after next year.  We have way too many kids that need to be integrated into the team for the full rebuild to take effect.  Boeser, Gaudette, Virtanen, Dahlen.  And of course whoever we draft next year.  Not to mention we will probably trade one or our excess D for a top 6 forward.

 

The Sedins are legends in Vancouver and their jerseys will go up in the rafters.  But every dog has their day.  Even Gretzky retired at 38, which is what the Sedins will be when their contract expires.  I just don't see them fitting in on the second or third line with all the kids coming up and with the Canucks supposedly in full rebuild mode at this point.

that's a fair point. 

i think some of the kids certainly do need to begin to be integrated into the system, but we just lost two veterans in Burr and Hansen. who are the other veteran presence? i guess Sutter and Eriksson, and some of the young players who have now had a year under their belt, though, I would stop short calling them "veterans". It'll be interesting for sure, cause someone expressed that the Sedins are interested in playing beyond their current contract. I just assumed that meant they would be playing here in Van. If not, would they rather retire then? 

 

You can build a case that the Sedins could play as third line players (certainly not fourth line players). But we really don't know what we have in Boeser yet, and would it be too much pressure to produce immediately in a top six role? Is Bo ready for top line minutes (1st line centre?), etc, etc. I guess the other side of the coin is that we won't know if we don't play the kids and offer them those opportunities to succeed or fail. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

You can build a case that the Sedins could play as third line players

 

Imagine other teams focusing on the top 2 lines and having the sedins out against the weber's (Y.)and bartowski's of the NHL! Less minutes, well rested twins vs low grade d-men and forwards? That could prolong their careers.

Edited by coryberg
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Imagine other teams focusing on the top 2 lines and having the sedins out against the weber's (Y.)and bartowski's of the NHL! Less minutes, well rested twins vs low grade d-men and forwards? That could prolong their careers.

So the Sedins would be our checking line?  I don't think that is gonna happen. We need two scoring lines and a strong checking line to go up against the top players in the league. Plus a 4th line energy line. The Sedins cannot be a third line option on any team. They need to play in the top 6 or not at all, especially at 38 years old. I can just imagine how much slower they will be in two years. This is a young mans game now and speed rules. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

So the Sedins would be our checking line?  I don't think that is gonna happen. We need two scoring lines and a strong checking line to go up against the top players in the league. Plus a 4th line energy line. The Sedins cannot be a third line option on any team. They need to play in the top 6 or not at all, especially at 38 years old. I can just imagine how much slower they will be in two years. This is a young mans game now and speed rules. 

Pittsburg Third line has Kessel on it and you could argue Hagelin is the only checker on that line. If checking is done by committee and some well by a few pick hounds you don't have to commit a whole line to "checking". 

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Imagine other teams focusing on the top 2 lines and having the sedins out against the weber's (Y.)and bartowski's of the NHL! Less minutes, well rested twins vs low grade d-men and forwards? That could prolong their careers.

That sounds like it would work great. 

Edited by Camel Toe Drag
Spelling
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

So the Sedins would be our checking line?  I don't think that is gonna happen. We need two scoring lines and a strong checking line to go up against the top players in the league. Plus a 4th line energy line. The Sedins cannot be a third line option on any team. They need to play in the top 6 or not at all, especially at 38 years old. I can just imagine how much slower they will be in two years. This is a young mans game now and speed rules. 

Stop putting labels on lines. Its not NHL 2004 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...