The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

5 hours ago, Hortankin said:

It only took 1 click. 

That didn't answer my question. Is he better than Gaudette?

I have no idea....I've honestly never see neither of them play and I'm betting there is a good chance you haven't neither. BUT..... judging by the way Bondra is playing, it looks like there can be an arguement from my side.

Again, if Bondra was a Canucks prospect you would be all over him.

I'm not saying Bondra is better or having a better year or on a better team or whatever. 

4 hours ago, coryberg said:

Imagine other teams focusing on the top 2 lines and having the sedins out against the weber's (Y.)and bartowski's of the NHL! Less minutes, well rested twins vs low grade d-men and forwards? That could prolong their careers.

i know right. what a match up that would be. 

AND

Sedins are such professionals and they are such good athletes, I can see them playing still. they might not be art ross trophy producers at that time, but that's ok. if they can still offer 40 points, that'd be awesome. 

3 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Pittsburg Third line has Kessel on it and you could argue Hagelin is the only checker on that line. If checking is done by committee and some well by a few pick hounds you don't have to commit a whole line to "checking". 

That sounds like it would work great. 

Phil Kessel is third in scoring in Pittsburgh behind two future hall of famers with 60 points, 20 points more than Hank and 24 points more than Dank. Pittsburgh must have an amazing third line.  The Canucks will not have room on their third line for 2 38 year old declining veterans.  And how much will you be paying them to play on the third line, $5 million each?  I'm sure they could command that salary if they were to go to another team to play in the top 6.  

The Sedins are not going to be our THIRD line in 2019.  I can almost guarantee it...

Edited by Harvey Spector

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Phil Kessel is third in scoring in Pittsburgh behind two future hall of famers with 60 points, 20 points more than Hank and 24 points more than Dank.  Pittsburgh must have an amazing third line.  The Canucks will not have room on their third line for 2 38 year old declining veterans.  And how much will you be paying them to play on the third line, $5 million each?  I'm sure they could command that salary if they were to go to anther team to play in the top 6.  

The Sedins are not going to be our THIRD line in 2019.  I can almost guarantee it...

that's assuming that they can still produce at a top six rate on another team. and will another team give 38/39 year olds, 5 million each? it's almost guaranteed that those teams would be contending teams. 

I can see the team having 38 year old players on the third line. on the condition that it's a one year contract. anything more than that, and no. and not at 5 million. probably more along the lines of 2-3 million, which is reasonable, considering that their production is already on the decline. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

that's assuming that they can still produce at a top six rate on another team. and will another team give 38/39 year olds, 5 million each? it's almost guaranteed that those teams would be contending teams. 

I can see the team having 38 year old players on the third line. on the condition that it's a one year contract. anything more than that, and no. and not at 5 million. probably more along the lines of 2-3 million, which is reasonable, considering that their production is already on the decline. 

So the Sedins are going to resign for Vancouver for $2-3 million to play on the third line?  Sorry I just can't see that happening...

Unfortunate way to end the season. I would rather the refs left their whistles in their pockets and let these guys battle it out in OT, but they decided to call a hook with less than 2 minutes left in the game and BU put one in with a few ticks left on the clock. 

I would love to see him sign an ATO and go to Utica, but it just depends on if he feels like he has unfinished business in college. He's definitely going to turn pro after his college career so he might as well start earning a paycheck and learning the pro game as soon as he can.

18 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I would love to see him sign an ATO and go to Utica, but it just depends on if he feels like he has unfinished business in college. He's definitely going to turn pro after his college career so he might as well start earning a paycheck and learning the pro game as soon as he can.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Unfortunate way to end the season. I would rather the refs left their whistles in their pockets and let these guys battle it out in OT, but they decided to call a hook with less than 2 minutes left in the game and BU put one in with a few ticks left on the clock. 

It was a weak hook too. I saw both games this weekend and NE got the short end of the stick in terms officiating.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Phil Kessel is third in scoring in Pittsburgh behind two future hall of famers with 60 points, 20 points more than Hank and 24 points more than Dank. Pittsburgh must have an amazing third line.  The Canucks will not have room on their third line for 2 38 year old declining veterans.  And how much will you be paying them to play on the third line, $5 million each?  I'm sure they could command that salary if they were to go to another team to play in the top 6.  

Lol imma save this tweet...

And knowing the Sedins they'll probably take under 5 per just to stay on the team. Wait and watch. 

13 minutes ago, Scorevat said:

hopefully more of a stecher case than a caggiula. Hard to turn down being on a team with a player like mcdavid or crosby though

ya but you have to think you go to a place thats best for you, not necessarily whats the coolest. Canucks need centres and wingers

3 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Let the Aston-Reese sweepstakes begin... :ph34r:

By the sound of it, according to this article, Aston-Reese doesn't have top 6 potential - lacks high end offensive skill and speed. But perhaps his heavy, garbage goal type of game is something this team still needs. 

I would honestly be more excited if Gaudette decided to turn pro this year. I would love to see him join Utica for a playoff push.