The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Makes sense. God, I hope he doesn't walk. 

Out of all our college players, I feel like Gaudette's gonna walk

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

Smart Choice for him. I think, similar to Boeser, he will probably go through some adversity next year. I dono if he can shoot more than he already does, but it would be nice to see him maintain his shot volume despite losing some key contributors. Good Luck Adam! Have a great summer, put the work in!

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Out of all our college players, I feel like Gaudette's gonna walk

Yeee 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He isn't turning pro next season??

I think it's pretty obvious he's not gong to sign with us. He's probably calling Boeser as we speak and trying to convince him not to sign with us as well.

They're going to look great in Oiler jerseys.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Tryamkin and Bo are trying to gain their outright release, too.  They all want to play with McDavid.

@Hutton Wink My attitude is getting to people ;) ::D

He'll be a Canuck. Disappointed he isn't signing this year but it makes sense. Pierre McGuire was on TSN 1040 on Friday and said Gaudette needed an extra year to build more muscle. Chances are, Gaudette is looking to minimize his time in the AHL. An extra year at Northeastern will likely mean he can hop into the lineup next year instead of having to spend a good chunk of the year in the AHL. Smart call, he'll make more money this way if he waits one more year... Also he'll be way stronger with an extra year of College.

And those fearing he'll walk, remember that Thatcher Demko played three years in the NCAA and next year is Gaudette's third year so he'll have to play two more years to reach unrestricted free agency and I doubt he waits even more.

33 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Have a friends kid going to school with him. The kid made the mistake of telling him to read the Canucks forum. Gaudette to say the least was not impressed say not sure if he wants to play for a fans base like that. 

What did he say/see? Been nothing but praises here for him. 

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

He'll be a Canuck. Disappointed he isn't signing this year but it makes sense. Pierre McGuire was on TSN 1040 on Friday and said Gaudette needed an extra year to build more muscle. Chances are, Gaudette is looking to minimize his time in the AHL. An extra year at Northeastern will likely mean he can hop into the lineup next year instead of having to spend a good chunk of the year in the AHL. Smart call, he'll make more money this way if he waits one more year... Also he'll be way stronger with an extra year of College.

And those fearing he'll walk, remember that Thatcher Demko played three years in the NCAA and next year is Gaudette's third year so he'll have to play two more years to reach unrestricted free agency and I doubt he waits even more.

He's not staying two more years in college.  I believe trev mentioned, a cpl weeks ago; that they wanted him to stay another year in college.  I was hoping had be in Utica next season, but oh well.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Have a friends kid going to school with him. The kid made the mistake of telling him to read the Canucks forum. Gaudette to say the least was not impressed say not sure if he wants to play for a fans base like that. 

what if you made this up :o 

Well, if he doesnt sign with us guess im part of the blame 

3 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Well that sounds like a made up story if I ever heard one. Troll much? Somehow this friends kid of yours is also friends with Gaudette? Most of what is said on here about him is nothing less than glowing reviews and enthusiasm or is he referring to all of the Willie nonsense?