The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

22 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Thanks for the info, which was pretty much what I thought, but reading the details raised another question. What happens to his rights if he drops out before "the graduation of his college class"?

If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and does not remain a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the later of: (a) the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the Player is no longer a bona fide college student; provided that if the Player ceases to be a bona fide college student on or after January 1 of an academic year and the Player: (1) is in his fourth year of college and has commenced his fourth year of NCAA eligibility, or (2) is in his fourth year of college and is scheduled to 19 ARTICLE 8 8.6-8.6 graduate from college at the end of his fourth year, then in the circumstances described in (1) or (2), the Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for such Player's services through and including the August 15 following the date on which he ceases to be a bona fide college student. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Makes me wonder if Gaudette continues to improve, what trades will occur to make room for some of these players. If the future Cs of this team are Pettersson, Horvat and Gaudette, what becomes of Zhukenov, Burmistrov, MacEwen etc? I also wonder if Gaunce can take another step this year, or could he also be traded? On the right side there's Rodin, Virtanen, Boeser, Goldobin, Lind, Lockwood, and Palmu. Not all of these players will be Canucks.

IMO, (so far) the best future 3 of each forward position are:

L -  Dahlen, Granlund, Baertschi

C - Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette

R - Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen

So, what would become of these players?

L - Gadjovich, Gaunce, Molino, Labate, Stukel

C - Burmistrov, Cassels, MacEwen, Zhukenov

R - Rodin, Lind, Lockwood, Palmu

I like the way you have formatted this. I would like to add to this and see what the other positions make our team look like.....maybe this shows us where we have trading assets, when the time is right.....not saying we do any trades....just looking....so to steal your formatting...here I go

Future first 3 lines.......in ranked order

L - Dahlen, Granlund, Baertschi                                           LHD - Juolevi. Hutton. Brisebois                                       Goalie - Demko, DiPietro

C - Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette                                         RHD - Stecher, Gudbranson, Chatfield

4th line Depth........in ranked order

L - Gadjovich, Labate, LaPlante                              LHD - McEneny, Rathbone

C - Gaunce, MccEwen                                            RHD - Tryamkin*, Subban

R - Lockwood, Rodin, Lind

* Tryamkin is still in the system, but has the same value as a depth player because of his uncertain return possibility

This is where I see us today, with our younger players and prospects............and where Gaudette fits in ......(He will be a strong power center - think Kesler-ish - IMO)

I also see the following possibilities in the next year........................

#1. Signing of Evander Kane at the end July 1, 2018

#2. 2018 first round pick will be a Dman, unless we get a top 3 pick....then it could still be one! LOL

#3. Sutter and Hutton will be traded

#4. Edler and Tanev will not be traded

I think Benning thinks we will be solid down the center in the future

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, nickels said:

Gaudette's gonna be 21 in a couple months.... time to sign a contract and turn pro to see what we have. 

Older than Boeser/Virtanen...just 6 months younger than Bo.

Don't see the advantage of playing vs 17-18 yr olds in college for another yr.

Kesler 2.0 or Cole Cassels ?

Looked real good the other nite...

Gaudette can actually skate.

10 hours ago, kingcoaast said:

Do you think Benning and co. see a positive when burning a year off an elc? Being able to sign them just before they break out at slightly lower cost? Obviously not with everyone, but say boeser puts up 40 pts next year and 50 the year after. He'll come cheaper at this point than in the following year when he potentially goes higher again. Pure speculation but you never know. 

This is exactly what we should do with Horvat

20 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Go back some pages and ppl were suggesting he's likely a bottom 6 player :lol:

Good to see him get some recognition. Love his game. 

He may very well top out as a VERY good 3C....nothing wrong with that. 

If we end up with Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette as our C depth, that's how you build a VERY solid, deep team to compete with the McDavid's et al out there.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Go back some pages and ppl were suggesting he's likely a bottom 6 player :lol:

Good to see him get some recognition. Love his game. 

It would seem to be a good time for him to sign this year An check into the Comet team fro a year . If this is gonna be one of JB later 5 th round gems. I would be dangling the carrot An stick at him .His opportunity timing window would seem to bust open this next 12 months.

I would love to see him go to AHL this year.

48 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

It would seem to be a good time for him to sign this year An check into the Comet team fro a year . If this is gonna be one of JB later 5 th round gems. I would be dangling the carrot An stick at him .His opportunity timing window would seem to bust open this next 12 months.

I would love to see him go to AHL this year.

Pretty surr he already committed to college for another year 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If we end up with Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette as our C depth, that's how you build a VERY solid, deep team to compete with the McDavid's et al out there.

Yeah Canucks have some nice up and coming center depth. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

In the past we'd been envisioning Cassels as the McDavid kryptonite, but have to expect now that Gaudette is likely to fill that role.  He has and is developing the speed to do so, and already has the two way game plus the competitive desire and chippiness to get it done.  No doubt he will stick to (and stick it to) McDoobie every chance he gets.

• Upvote 1

On 10/07/2017 at 8:58 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I like the way you have formatted this. I would like to add to this and see what the other positions make our team look like.....maybe this shows us where we have trading assets, when the time is right.....not saying we do any trades....just looking....so to steal your formatting...here I go

Future first 3 lines.......in ranked order

L - Dahlen, Granlund, Baertschi                                           LHD - Juolevi. Hutton. Brisebois                                       Goalie - Demko, DiPietro

C - Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette                                         RHD - Stecher, Gudbranson, Chatfield

4th line Depth........in ranked order

L - Gadjovich, Labate, LaPlante                              LHD - McEneny, Rathbone

C - Gaunce, MccEwen                                            RHD - Tryamkin*, Subban

R - Lockwood, Rodin, Lind

* Tryamkin is still in the system, but has the same value as a depth player because of his uncertain return possibility

This is where I see us today, with our younger players and prospects............and where Gaudette fits in ......(He will be a strong power center - think Kesler-ish - IMO)

I also see the following possibilities in the next year........................

#1. Signing of Evander Kane at the end July 1, 2018

#2. 2018 first round pick will be a Dman, unless we get a top 3 pick....then it could still be one! LOL

#3. Sutter and Hutton will be traded

#4. Edler and Tanev will not be traded

I think Benning thinks we will be solid down the center in the future

Good post just interested in why you think Hutton and Sutter will be traded? I personally dont see it, but interested to hear your take on that.

On 2017-07-10 at 4:26 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

There is nothing realistic about that expectation.  I hope you are right, but expecting Gaudette to hit 20 goals in the NHL is a long shot.  

I will be happy if he ends up playing 200 games in the NHL by the time it's all said and done.

I wouldn't be happy if Gaudette ends up only playing a total of 200 NHL games. I would say something would have to go wrong for this to happen. I see some Burrows in him. His skill set and most importantly his Burrows like compete level and tenacity should enable him to have a long NHL career (crossing fingers).

19 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Good post just interested in why you think Hutton and Sutter will be traded? I personally dont see it, but interested to hear your take on that.

Thanks for asking............

First off, I like Hutton, and think he is a 3/4, and will be for his career.......just my call........I could easily be wrong. Secondly, I don't think you get something of value, unless you are trading something of value, and I think Benning will want a more offensive Dman in that spot long term.

I think we are very close to having our Center position set on the first 3 lines, and our wingers have a lot of potential (they are also easier to draft or trade for, or sign as UFA's....Think E. Kane! Next year!), which is why I think Benning will continue to focus on "D", over the next 2 drafts. Not to say he won't pick forwards, but will expend considerable effort to get 1 more OLHD and 1 ORHD......one will be through the draft, and one will possibly be acquired through a trade.

I also think Brisebois and McEneny have potential to be 3/4's.........I have read a few comments that say Brisebois "could" be a young LH Chris Tanev, McEneny looked good when he came up (IMO).

I am also wondering if Del Zotto can fit that bill, while Benning's "future" Drafted Dman mature........I am not lying...I like Del Zotto.........it will be fun to see if he can reach my expectations! If he can through the early part of the season, and equal Hutton's play, then I think Hutton get's packaged, with possibly Sutter for a pick/Prospect at the TDL/draft.

Sutter being traded is an easier explanation..........he is replaceable.........internally and externally.......he is good on a bad team, and not so good on a good team....I think Pittsburgh had it right.......(Sorry Jim!)

Sorry.....long winded as usual!

On 11/07/2017 at 10:15 PM, Derp... said:

Im wondering if Gaudette can hit 60 points this year in the NCAA. 

Its not easy to do, but it would be nice to see him keep progressing offensively. 

I think he has the potential to have a better year but it's hard to say how it will turn out.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

This would be the most amazing thing to come of NHL players not being aloud to come. I could only imagine the confidence it would give AG. 

While I'm disappointed that they don't plan out something that happens every 4 years for two weeks, it would be interesting to see if another miracle team can form should the Russians chose to defy the NHLs decision.