The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

I understand what you are saying but let's not take this out on the athletes that are working hard. We should be targeting our anger at the owners... 

Id honestly rather see more competitive games. I don't care if we have the best players in the world, 9-0 blowouts aren't fun. 

I too am excited to see how the semi-pro's or the next tier of players stacks up.

It used to always be like that but for some reason the Russians would always sneak their pro's onto their Olympic teams and clean house.

Programs like Moscow Dynamo or Red Army were the elite teams long before KHL and these guys lived, breathed, ate and slept together for years. Where as Canada and US would be scraping players from wherever they could just to shoe-string a team together.

Then came '98 Olympics and we were finally allowed to put our pros into the tourney. 

Now with the different ways Canadians/Americans train, I'm curious that there should be a better selection of talent other than retired has beens that have all had serious injuries and playing out their years oversea's.

Heck, our WJC teams could probably rock their arse's....ice that team.

Of course I'm going to root for Canada. I would cheer for my over-weight neighbour if he was put onto the ice and I would wish him all the luck but is he the right choice? NO!!

On December 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Rush17 said:

We could win the lotto after finishing 17th in the nhl :P

Yes this young man, he  should be 3rd line centre in Vancouver next year, really like this pick.

He plays tough and has good skill, steel of draft in 5th round..

Awesome drafting Jim Benning and  scouts.

34 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Is that Boeser out there

On the first one maybe, the second looked like Pettersson

Man it's nice having a glut of guys that are over-achieving rather than the previous years always making excuses why guys aren't quite cutting it...

• Upvote 3

I believe Gaudette and Sikura (9) played together most of last season with Zach Aston-Reese, yes? Looks like they're just ramping their game up together yet again.

As said earlier, it's really great to have a few of our prospects being "the guy" on their team - Gaudette especially, but Lind as well for the Rockets, DiPietro (slightly different, but still), Pettersson as a top line guy with Vaxjo. 

• Upvote 3