The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On 10/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, gameburn2 said:

In the past, teams have won without superstars on D or in the forward positions.  New Jersey and Carolina come to mind.  Recently, however, LA (Doughty), Chicago (Keith and Kane) and Pittsburgh (C and M) have all had superstars. With Edmonton, Toronto, Chicago, and Pittsburgh looking pretty good this year: more superstars.  Not sure we can generalize, but it is noteworthy that teams have won without the McDavid/Keith types.  New Jersey and Carolina did, however, have good goalkeepers, excellent team play and considerable depth.  No reason we can't have what the latter had: Demko looks promising, the depth is building and Green looks like he can be a team builder. 

Think NJD may of had a goalie too that many consider the greatest to ever play the game....

Speaking of the Carolina cup win over EDM :shock:

How frikin great was Pronger....take a look at that roster.

Yikes

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Probably has just watched his stat line on elite prospects. 

Also, I'm certain Team USA and probably Team Canada are scouting the NCAA heavily right now.

So maybe Granato hasn't seen him personally but his scouts are reporting in about Gaudette.

Edited by wshdrvvn

6 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

Also, I'm certain Team USA and probably Team Canada are scouting the NCAA heavily right now.

So maybe Granato hasn't seen him personally but his scouts are reporting in about Gaudette.

Probably. It will do wonders for his development and confidence to be a difference maker on the Yankees 

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

BB Take II.

Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlin and Goldy will be replacing Burmistrov, Gagner, Vanek and Eriksson ....next year and the rebuild will be 90% complete....Dahlin, Merkely Boqvist or Hughes with Joulevi being the other 10%....

This is going to be a very exciting team next year with lots of improvement coming this year, my only fear for the future is our dreaded Canuckluck  and playoff reffing.....

13 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

BB Take II.

Do you think so for the end this this season, or start of next? Right now, I'd say our C depth is pretty set, and I'd much prefer him in Utica at the end of this season due to their horrible C lineup. For next, I'm optimistic that he nabs a bottom 6 C role with Henrik retiring. Horvat, Sutter, Gaudette, with one of Gagner/Granlund/FA taking the 2nd line offensive duties.

Watched Gaudette play in Rochester last night.  Good skater and overall good player but honestly I was expecting a little more.

He did have two assists....the first a nice primary assist when he went down the left side and hit a trailer coming down the middle in stride.  The second was a secondary assist as Northeastern moved the puck around on the power play.  However I expected him to be more noticeable and drive the play more than he did especially against what should have been a weaker RIT team.

On the positive side Gaudette was very good on faceoffs and did make a number of nice little plays defensively in his own end.

The game was great as RIT jumped out to a 3 - 0 lead before Northeastern came back to tie it.  Neither team scored in OT so the game ended at 3 a piece.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Watched Gaudette play in Rochester last night.  Good skater and overall good player but honestly I was expecting a little more.

He did have two assists....the first a nice primary assist when he went down the left side and hit a trailer coming down the middle in stride.  The second was a secondary assist as Northeastern moved the puck around on the power play.  However I expected him to be more noticeable and drive the play more than he did especially against what should have been a weaker RIT team.

On the positive side Gaudette was very good on faceoffs and did make a number of nice little plays defensively in his own end.

The game was great as RIT jumped out to a 3 - 0 lead before Northeastern came back to tie it.  Neither team scored in OT so the game ended at 3 a piece.

Thanks for the report.

...from the little I have seen from clips and prospects camp...his game is understated but solid...except when he is laying out Pettersson behind the net or roofing one while coming hard down the wing.

His game is hounding on D. and tricky little passes at speed on O. and his release is Boeser like...accuracy as well.

He doesn't seem to have the flashy moves of Pettersson...just all around solid play..