The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Chaput....just no....Gaunce is looking like a LW and Gagner has been making me Gag....( he did have a slightly better game last game ) Gaudette looks to me like he can outplay any of those 3 already...or damn close.

The only way he doesn't make the team straight away next year is if Pettersson forces his way onto the team...but really...they both could make it in place of Gagner, Burmistrov or Vanek ...as the roster sits now.

Chaput is a capable fill in as a 4C. I'm not saying he should be playing between Boeser and Baer. He's C depth.

All those guys are capable of playing C, that's literally all I'm saying.

As for the rest, we shall see later this year and/or next year where Gaudette is in comparison to the others. He may very well prove ready and ahead of some/all of them. Or he may not and might need time in Utica. I've drafted him in my fantasy league and think he's going to be a very good player, I'm perfectly content with either outcome.

I await the tasty proof in the pudding. Whenever it arrives.

Edited by aGENT

55 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I had no protestations. You seem to have latched on to a false narrative as you are wont to do at times.

That you wanted them both in Utica is a matter of record in many threads and countless posts on a daily basis, which some of us repeatedly told you was not likely to happen.  It's quite odd that you deny that now.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

That you wanted them both in Utica is a matter of record in many threads and countless posts on a daily basis, which some of us repeatedly told you was not likely to happen.  It's quite odd that you deny that now.

I'm not denying anything. From a managerial perspective it would be preferable to have them in Utica IMO. But that's not the only perspective one should consider.

And in those same threads and posts, I've also maintained that should their play warrant it, they could quite easily find themselves on the NHL roster, as they have. I've also stated numerous times that I would be quite happy with either outcome.

So again:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I had no protestations. You seem to have latched on to a false narrative as you are wont to do at times.

I'm sorry you can't seem to grasp that my myopic friend.

8 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

If Petterson, Gaudette, Juolevi, Lind, Gadjovic, all play in Utica next season they should try to televise the games. I'd definitely watch!

when you put it like that, AHL live doesnt seem like such a bad deal!

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Great, all cleared up! :)

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

You seem to have latched on to a false narrative as you are wont to do at times.

You're better than lowering yourself to troll behavior Hutty ;) 

9 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

If Petterson, Gaudette, Juolevi, Lind, Gadjovic, all play in Utica next season they should try to televise the games. I'd definitely watch!

Of that group realistically i think of the F's Gaudette has the best chance to play next season, particularly if we see him up here at the end of the Canucks season. I expect OJ to be ready to make the team but Pouliot may have something to say about that. 

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Dude, I've seriously taken it VERY easy on you after how much of a broken record you were during camp and pre-season.  Don't know why your ego is gripping this so desperately when you were clearly wrong.

Perhaps you should re-read this:

18 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm not denying anything. From a managerial perspective it would be preferable to have them in Utica IMO. But that's not the only perspective one should consider.

And in those same threads and posts, I've also maintained that should their play warrant it, they could quite easily find themselves on the NHL roster, as they have. I've also stated numerous times that I would be quite happy with either outcome.

So again:

I'm sorry you can't seem to grasp that my myopic friend.

'Happy with either outcome'. That was my position from the start. I'm not sure why YOUR ego is gripping this so desperately when you're clearly, myopically, cherrypicking to suit some narrative to attack me on.

Some of us have the capacity to view more than one side or point of view of a situation. You should try it some time.

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps you should re-read this:

'Happy with either outcome'. That was my position from the start. I'm not sure why YOUR ego is gripping this so desperately when you're clearly, myopically, cherrypicking to suit some narrative to attack me on.

Some of us have the capacity to view more than one side or point of view of a situation. You should try it some time.

Yea "JR", you were very clear that it didn't matter to you what happened, although you were leaning towards Utica for both.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fantomex said:

Yea "JR", you were very clear that it didn't matter to you what happened, although you were leaning towards Utica for both.

Yeah, I've grown accustomed to leaning towards a managerial point of view for personnel decisions as they tend to give more weight to long term vs short term thinking (and usually benefit). And from a pure 'asset management' stand point it would have made sense to have them both dominating and available for call ups, in Utica. 

That doesn't mean I don't see the POV of a fan, a coach or a player who all would clearly prefer them here, assuming they were ready (which they largely were).

Either outcome was fine by me.

Same goes for Gaudette this spring/next fall. He's still not huge (though not small either) and there is indeed a pretty big change from playing a dispersed college schedule to a condensed NHL schedule.

His talent may very well prove undeniable and he may be up here for either/both those time periods. Or he may require some adjustment period in Utica. I'm not foolish enough to make any written in stone statements of certainty now on were he will or won't play. And again, I'll be perfectly happy with either outcome.

• Upvote 1