The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

yup...i think his game will translate well into the NHL.  This isnt a Hunter Shinkaruk style prospect where you know the types of goals he tends to score wont work in the NHL.  Gaudette is a puck hound and lives in the dirty areas.  Not only that he has some snarl to his game too.  There are a lot of nice kids in the system, this guy could provide some hot mustard to the lineup.  I can see him making the other team miserable kinda like how dorsett does now.

Who?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alexandre said:

That's what I call driving to the net. Can't wait until he's on the team.

No doubt. I like how on the last two goals, you can basically read his line from way beyond the blue line and all the way in. Just heads straight for the net and the puck finds him.

Maybe not the most eye popping finishes (and we get a little spoiled by Pettersson in that regard) but nonetheless the type of scoring plays that should translate well to the pro level.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Pettersson

Horvat

Gaudette

MacEwen

Only if the top 3 lines play equal minutes and it fills out something like this...(or Gaudette is in the top 6, he needs some sniper's with him)

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Baer /  Horvat / Virtanen

Granlund / Gaudette / Goldobin 

Gaunce / MacEwen / Lind

Gadjovich

...as soon as next year for the top 9 guys....

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Only if the top 3 lines play equal minutes and it fills out something like this...(or Gaudette is in the top 6, he needs some sniper's with him)

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Baer /  Horvat / Virtanen

Granlund / Gaudette / Goldobin 

Gaunce / MacEwen / Lind

Gadjovich

...as soon as next year for the top 9 guys....

I really think Pettersson will need a year in Utica to A) Get used to North American sized ice, and B] become accustomed to playing center again. 

As far as Gaudette goes, I can see him slotting in sometime this season (depending on how his team does this year obviously).

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty happy with what Gaudette has done so far. I haven't watched him play, but his scoring has been very good. I like that there are multiple reports saying that he has that high end tenacity and a nonstop motor. That should serve him very well. 

However, I think projections in terms of his NHL impact have overblown slightly. I'd be very, very happy if he establishes himself as an effect 3C for the Canucks in the future. To me, him turning into a top-6 center doesn't seem impossible, but it does seem unlikely. 

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I really think Pettersson will need a year in Utica to A) Get used to North American sized ice, and B] become accustomed to playing center again. 

As far as Gaudette goes, I can see him slotting in sometime this season (depending on how his team does this year obviously).

Gaudette getting some time this year after his season is done is very likely but....for a sure thing try this idea...

Pettersson is looking like he is going to hold down a PPG pace this year....several points comparisons have been made between the SHL and the NHL...roughly his PPG pace would equate too .8 PPG in the NHL or about 65 points....as an 18 year old.

So how are we supposed to keep a 65-75 ( with a years growth) point man out of the lineup.....

We just went through this whole discusion with Boeser who some where saying needs seasoning in the AHL....Pettersson is even better/more rounded than Boeser at this point in his young career....I don't see anyway he doesn't make the team next fall....

2 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'm pretty happy with what Gaudette has done so far. I haven't watched him play, but his scoring has been very good. I like that there are multiple reports saying that he has that high end tenacity and a nonstop motor. That should serve him very well. 

However, I think projections in terms of his NHL impact have overblown slightly. I'd be very, very happy if he establishes himself as an effect 3C for the Canucks in the future. To me, him turning into a top-6 center doesn't seem impossible, but it does seem unlikely. 

He can play RW just fine as well...as I said above he doesn't have to be top 6 to get top minutes if the top 9 guys get equal minutes ....which is Green's style anyway....

10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He can play RW just fine as well...as I said above he doesn't have to be top 6 to get top minutes if the top 9 guys get equal minutes ....which is Green's style anyway....

He isn't signed yet or shouldn't I go there?