The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

8 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Gaudette getting some time this year after his season is done is very likely but....for a sure thing try this idea...

Pettersson is looking like he is going to hold down a PPG pace this year....several points comparisons have been made between the SHL and the NHL...roughly his PPG pace would equate too .8 PPG in the NHL or about 65 points....as an 18 year old.

So how are we supposed to keep a 65-75 ( with a years growth) point man out of the lineup.....

We just went through this whole discusion with Boeser who some where saying needs seasoning in the AHL....Pettersson is even better/more rounded than Boeser at this point in his young career....I don't see anyway he doesn't make the team next fall....

While I wasn’t 100% on one side of the fence with this, I did say a few times that if Boeser started/played awhile with the Comets I would be totally okay with it... wow, he’s been impressive, and I’m happy to eat my words. I knew he could score, he’s got a very very good wrister,  but what I was concerned about was his 200’ game. While he’s no Selke winner, at this point at least, he’s certainly not a detriment defensively. 

Petterson is, IMO, a little smarter offensively with his vision, but doesn’t possess the same rocket shot. I foresee him being the Adam Oates style player; one that can open up the ice and create and complete plays, not a “game breaker” that a finisher like Boeser is. 

Regardless, he’s gonna be something really really special, and with Horvat being his opposite in play style, we will have an excellent 1-2 punch up the middle if he’s able to improve his face off skill. I predict once he lands in Vancouver, Malhota will work with him hard and increase his skill in that department. 

8 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Only if the top 3 lines play equal minutes and it fills out something like this...(or Gaudette is in the top 6, he needs some sniper's with him)

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Baer /  Horvat / Virtanen

Granlund / Gaudette / Goldobin 

Gaunce / MacEwen / Lind

Gadjovich

...as soon as next year for the top 9 guys....

If the 3 lines play equally, I'd rather keep Virtanen up on the first line with Dahlen and Pettersson, to balance out some grit 5 on 5.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'm pretty happy with what Gaudette has done so far. I haven't watched him play, but his scoring has been very good. I like that there are multiple reports saying that he has that high end tenacity and a nonstop motor. That should serve him very well. 

However, I think projections in terms of his NHL impact have overblown slightly. I'd be very, very happy if he establishes himself as an effect 3C for the Canucks in the future. To me, him turning into a top-6 center doesn't seem impossible, but it does seem unlikely. 

Is anyone able to list the projections based on points average of other top college centres in the passed?

9 hours ago, Outsiders said:

One thing Gaudette said he wanted to work on was his skating. Wow does it ever look like he has. pretty much all the goals he has scored in the last 2 pages of gifs expect for that tap in, the goals have only happened because of his speed. God I swear this guy is Ryan Kesler 2.0

Seriously, Horvat, Pettersson and Gaudette... 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ThaShady1 said:

While I wasn’t 100% on one side of the fence with this, I did say a few times that if Boeser started/played awhile with the Comets I would be totally okay with it... wow, he’s been impressive, and I’m happy to eat my words. I knew he could score, he’s got a very very good wrister,  but what I was concerned about was his 200’ game. While he’s no Selke winner, at this point at least, he’s certainly not a detriment defensively. 

Petterson is, IMO, a little smarter offensively with his vision, but doesn’t possess the same rocket shot. I foresee him being the Adam Oates style player; one that can open up the ice and create and complete plays, not a “game breaker” that a finisher like Boeser is. 

Regardless, he’s gonna be something really really special, and with Horvat being his opposite in play style, we will have an excellent 1-2 punch up the middle if he’s able to improve his face off skill. I predict once he lands in Vancouver, Malhota will work with him hard and increase his skill in that department. 

Pettersson's sot isn't as hard as Boeser's ...but he keeps scoring on 30 foot wristers and 40 foot one-timers so it is just as accurate but likely won't beat NHL goalies as much as Boeser's shot will....all the same I think those 2 are going to score a tonne of goals and setup a tonne more...

11 hours ago, Outsiders said:

One thing Gaudette said he wanted to work on was his skating. Wow does it ever look like he has. pretty much all the goals he has scored in the last 2 pages of gifs expect for that tap in, the goals have only happened because of his speed. God I swear this guy is Ryan Kesler 2.0

Without the ego...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

A bit quicker and a few more pounds was his stated goal for this season.  He'll be ready come Spring.

you make him sound like livestock :P

it would be great to get him signed before the end of this season. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Of course this raises the question.

What's better 1 generational 100 point guy?

Or two later round picks that get 65 points each? 

Definitely the 100 point guy. Anyone who gets 65 points in this league will most likely command 6-7 mill salary. 100 point guy will command 10 mill salary unless you got him at a discount. Usually the generational guys MAKE the 65 point or 80 point guys too so if those guys get too pricey just swap them out with someone else. Look at Patrick maroon with edmonton.

8 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Definitely the 100 point guy. Anyone who gets 65 points in this league will most likely command 6-7 mill salary. 100 point guy will command 10 mill salary unless you got him at a discount. Usually the generational guys MAKE the 65 point or 80 point guys too so if those guys get too pricey just swap them out with someone else. Look at Patrick maroon with edmonton.

Except the 100 point guy is making 12.5 mill........

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Usually, a generational 100 point guy, if a centre, will turn his 50 point wingers into 70 point wingers. I'll take the hundred point guy.

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is this even a question? The generational player makes maroon into a 30 goal guy. 

20 hours ago, Cowichan Canuck said:

If the 3 lines play equally, I'd rather keep Virtanen up on the first line with Dahlen and Pettersson, to balance out some grit 5 on 5.

Sign Kane this summer.

Kane, Pettersson, Boeser 

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen 

Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gadjovich, Gaunce, Granlund