The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I honestly think either Pettersson or Gaudette get pushed to the wings because both players in my mind are top 6 quality.

Or Horvat or Gaudette end up with kesler/Sutter usage.  Would it be so bad to have a shutdown line that can score?  

Besides, that is a long term problem.  I see Gaudette as our lowest minutes center at the start of next year.  Pettersson  as a winger next year gradually transitioning to center or in Utica learning center and North American game (and Utica desperately needs a number one center) next year.  And that is dependant on signing Gaudette which will probably have to include a promise of a Boeser type opportunity.  

After a 9 day layoff, Gaudette and Northeastern play a rare Tuesday night game. The Turkey Hangover Classic (actually I just made that up) starts at 7pm EST tonight in Connecticut.

Looks like this one is subscription only for the stream. :( 

Live stats will be available here and there should be a free audio only broadcast via Huskies Radio.

Hopefully the long layoff (and the lingering after-effects of mom’s candied yams) won’t result in a sluggish start for Hockey Gaud and the Huskies.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:44 AM, alfstonker said:

I can't wait for this guy. I was very impressed with him in pre season. He came over as a tough guy to play against. Always getting open and always having shots, shots, shots.

Is he similar to Boeser? It would be great to see him in the Canucks jersey next year...just imagine players like Petersson, Dahlen and Gaudette making the team next year. I really think the Canucks are pretty much done in rebuilding the forward corps, the defense though needs some work.

Boeser-Horvat-Bae

Dahlen-Petersson-Gaudette

Virtanen-Granlund-Eriksson

Gagner-Sutter-Gaunce/Dorsette

If those three make the team next year, assuming the Sedins finally retire and we trade Vanek before the deadline, we would be in great shape. Maybe trade Goldobin for a defense prospect and draft more defensemen next year or sign a D-man at FA. 

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Is he similar to Boeser? It would be great to see him in the Canucks jersey next year...just imagine players like Petersson, Dahlen and Gaudette making the team next year. I really think the Canucks are pretty much done in rebuilding the forward corps, the defense though needs some work.

Boeser-Horvat-Bae

Dahlen-Petersson-Gaudette

Virtanen-Granlund-Eriksson

Gagner-Sutter-Gaunce/Dorsette

If those three make the team next year, assuming the Sedins finally retire and we trade Vanek before the deadline, we would be in great shape. Maybe trade Goldobin for a defense prospect and draft more defensemen next year or sign a D-man at FA. 

He appears to me to be a shooter, with a heavy shot who is also likes the physical side of the game.

"Observations: From Dobber Prospects.

November 2017 - The 2015 fifth round pick has wasted no time in picking up right where he left off as a sophomore - wracking up bushels of points. The third year player has jumped out of the gates with six goals and 13 points in seven contests - good for third most in the nation. His shot volume has dipped a tad from last season when he peppered 4.4 shots on net per contest while converting on 16 percent of those attmepts. This season, he's putting 3.85 shots per contest while clicking on 22 percent. It'd be nice to see his volume improve and that personal shooting percentage slide down to a more sustainable rate, but we're absolutely nitpicking on early season play. Thus far, Gaudette appears to be the steal of the 2015 crop and will all but asuredly turn pro at the completion of Northeastern's campaign. Cam Robinson

July 2017 – The all-around forward culminated his sophomore campaign much in the same way he spent its beginning and middle – by producing a ton of shots and a ton of points. The 20-year-old totaled 26 goals and 52 points in 37 games for Northeastern University, good for ninth in the country. He also peppered goaltenders with an NCAA-leading 162 shots, good for an average of 4.38 shots per contest. Many expected the Massachusetts-native to leave school and sign with the Canucks, but he's decided to return for his junior campaign to continue building strength and taking a serious run at the Hobey Baker Award in 2017-18. Cam Robinson

February 2017 – Gaudette continues to have an amazing sophomore season. The shoot-first center leads the nation in power-play markers with 14 and in shots on goal with 146 – 4.56 per contest. He is riding a 21-point, 12-game point streak (8+13) and sits sixth in the nation for points (51) and fifth for points per game (1.58). It should be fully expected that the 2015 fifth-rounder will turn pro at the end of Northeastern's season but whether he goes straight to Vancouver or signs a PTO with the Utica Comets of the AHL is still undetermined. Cam Robinson

January 2017 – Gaudette continues to blister through his sophomore season at Northeastern University. The talented two-way centre has been an offensive force, recording 13 goals and 34 points through 23 contests - good for the eighth most in the country and his 1.48 point-per-game output is good for seventh. He is also one of the leading shot producers in the nation with a whopping 100 shots on goals - an average of over four per contest. It sure seems like the Canucks snagged a beauty in the fifth round and it wouldn't be shocking to see Gaudette turn pro after this season. Cam Robinson

January 2017 – The Canucks' 2015 fifth round pick and Northeastern sophomore continues to rack up points with ease this season. His 28 points in 18 games are good for ninth most in the nation and his 1.56 point-per-game output sits 10th best. These are fantastic offensive results for the already competent defensive centre. It sure appears that Vancouver snagged themselves a mid-round gem and it's fairly likely that the Massachusetts native will turn pro at the end of his NCAA team's season. Cam Robinson

November 2016 – Gaudette has continued to impress at Northeastern University. The sophomore forward sits tied for 13th in NCAA scoring with six goals and 12 points through eight games – 11 of which have come on his current five-game point streak. Cam Robinson

October 2016 – Gaudette began his sophomore season at Northeastern last weekend and has looked strong. Through two games, the fifth-round selection has scored a goal and recorded 10 shots on net to go along with a plus-4 rating. The talented and responsible centre looks to have carried over his confident play from the back half of last season into 2016-17 and is now looked upon as a leader for last season's national championship runners-up. Cam Robinson

August 2016 – Gaudette had a very strong draft+1 season. Expected to play another year in the USHL, the intelligent centre joined Northeastern university early. The first portion of the year witnessed some growing pains for the 20-year-old and just five points in 18 games. He then went on to a scorching pace recording 25 points in his final 23 games helping the Huskies to a Hockey East Championship. Gaudette will return to Northeastern for a sophomore season this fall. Cam Robinson

August 2016 – Gaudette is a hard working, two-way centre who can also play the ride wing. Despite being a slighter sized player, he plays the game with tenacity and has a knack for reading plays develop. He owns a quick release and heads up distribution skills. Lauded for his contributions on special teams, it’s his continued success during even-strength play that will surely separate him once he turns professional. Cam Robinson

Fantasy Outlook: B+

A jack-of-all-trades pivot with speed to burn and a heavy release. Shows more offensive acumen with each passing season."

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2017 at 1:20 PM, TGT68 said:

Besides, that is a long term problem.  I see Gaudette as our lowest minutes center at the start of next year.  Pettersson  as a winger next year gradually transitioning to center or in Utica learning center and North American game (and Utica desperately needs a number one center) next year.  And that is dependant on signing Gaudette which will probably have to include a promise of a Boeser type opportunity.  

Pettersson will be in the NHL for sure, as early as next year. I just don't see him in Utica and I think he is too talented to play there. The only problem with Petersson is and was always was his size and strength, not his skill or play. He is more talented than Nico who is playing in the NHL. I mean he put up more points in the SHL than Peter Forsberg at his current pace.

This is the year Gaudette gets in the Canucks lineup. Gotta pry him away from college with the Boeser treatment. Which I’m 100% okay with. Gaudettes game you can slot him in on any line and he should be effective. Canucks are in a position to sell at the deadline if they’re a playoff team or not. Are the Canucks a better team with Vanek and Burmistrov over Goldobin and Gaudette?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

This is the year Gaudette gets in the Canucks lineup. Gotta pry him away from college with the Boeser treatment. Which I’m 100% okay with. Gaudettes game you can slot him in on any line and he should be effective. Canucks are in a position to sell at the deadline if they’re a playoff team or not. Are the Canucks a better team with Vanek and Burmistrov over Goldobin and Gaudette?

Well Vanek is hands down better then Gaudette or Goldy this year, and probably will be better then them for the next year or two.  I'm not suggesting keeping him, I'd love to sell him for draft picks at the deadline.  

I'm strangely more excited to see Gaudette then even Elias.  Canucks haven't had a gritty young player come through the system in eons.  

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well Vanek is hands down better then Gaudette or Goldy this year, and probably will be better then them for the next year or two.  I'm not suggesting keeping him, I'd love to sell him for draft picks at the deadline.  

I'm strangely more excited to see Gaudette then even Elias.  Canucks haven't had a gritty young player come through the system in eons.  

I feel like he will be our tkachuk and the 2 of them are going to help bring back that exciting vancouver Calgary rivalry well edm rebuilds for the next 10 years 

I haven't ever been able to see Adam play. So for those of you that have seen him play where does he sit in comparison to Boeser as they seem to have similar stats while playing College hockey. 

There isn't the same buzz around Adam as Brock. So I'm guessing they are not similar at all. Does Adam have less translatable NHL skills? I have no scouting skills at all personally so with his stats as his only indicator to me he seems like a top 6 nhler. However most people seem to think he is a future 3rd line player. Just curious as to why that is?

I am excited about this kid as even a good 3rd liner for a 5th round pick is amazing. Thanks in advance for those who choose to reply.

4 hours ago, thrago said:

I haven't ever been able to see Adam play. So for those of you that have seen him play where does he sit in comparison to Boeser as they seem to have similar stats while playing College hockey. 

There isn't the same buzz around Adam as Brock. So I'm guessing they are not similar at all. Does Adam have less translatable NHL skills? I have no scouting skills at all personally so with his stats as his only indicator to me he seems like a top 6 nhler. However most people seem to think he is a future 3rd line player. Just curious as to why that is?

I am excited about this kid as even a good 3rd liner for a 5th round pick is amazing. Thanks in advance for those who choose to reply.

Brock is all about skill, Gaudette (while reasonably skilled) is more about work rate. 

Fast, tenacious, dogged puck pursuit and with a motor that won't quit and reasonable skill to make hay from the offensive opportunities his play style creates. 

And I'd say more 'middle 6' would be his projection. REALLY good 3rd liner to good 2nd liner. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Brock is all about skill, Gaudette (while reasonably skilled) is more about work rate. 

Fast, tenacious, dogged puck pursuit and with a motor that won't quit and reasonable skill to make hay from the offensive opportunities his play style creates. 

And I'd say more 'middle 6' would be his projection. REALLY good 3rd liner to good 2nd liner. 

Sounds like (dare I say it?).... Kesler!

On a side note, between players like Gaudette, Horvat, Boeser, and Gadjovich... this sounds like it will be one of those teams that just doesn't quit which sounds great. :)

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Except that Gaudette is more a goal-scorer, less a cheap-shotter, and can skate and play center.

Tkachuk gets under his opponents skin and can play a top 6 roll, as annoying as he is I envy his game. Burrows did it for us for years both guys have potential to be that player for their respective clubs is what I’m getting at 

• Upvote 1