The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Tkachuk gets under his opponents skin and can play a top 6 roll, as annoying as he is I envy his game. Burrows did it for us for years both guys have potential to be that player for their respective clubs is what I’m getting at 

Agitators come in many forms, but Gaudette plays a different game.  Hopefully he doesn't go about it in the same way -- intent to injure, cheap shots, embellishment, and diving.

• Upvote 1

On November 28, 2017 at 7:45 PM, flickyoursedin said:

This is the year Gaudette gets in the Canucks lineup. Gotta pry him away from college with the Boeser treatment. Which I’m 100% okay with. Gaudettes game you can slot him in on any line and he should be effective. Canucks are in a position to sell at the deadline if they’re a playoff team or not. Are the Canucks a better team with Vanek and Burmistrov over Goldobin and Gaudette?

I agree, after tonight I feel confident Goldobin will be in the lineup moving forward. I think we can afford to trade some players at the deadline for picks or prospects. 

For what it is worth, a good family friend has their kid playing for Merrimack this year and apparently the team is preparing for NE this weekend under a "they have four or five sure fire NHL players in their line-up boys, particularly that Gaudette kid, so bring your A-game" message from coaches.    

• Upvote 1

No highlights yet but from the descriptions on GoNU, it sounds like Gaudette’s goals were both gif-worthy (ahem... paging Ryan Biech):

FIRST GOAL (1-0 Northeastern) – FIRST PERIOD – Adam Gaudette – 17:47
Northeastern drew first blood late in the first period on Gaudette's ninth of the season during a Husky four-on-three power play. After the Warriors were whistled for tripping, NU wasted no time in converting on the man advantage as Cockerill dished to Dylan Sikura along the halfwall. Sikura then fired it across the zone to a waiting Gaudette at the left face-off dot for a one-timed laser top shelf for the score.

THIRD GOAL (2-1 Northeastern) – SECOND PERIOD – Adam Gaudette – 12:46
Northeastern retook the lead with 7:14 to go in the middle frame when Gaudette buried his second of the game. As the Huskies regrouped in the neutral zone, Ryan Sheafed Gaudette at center ice and the junior center did the rest, flying down the left side before wiring a shot through the legs of a defenseman and over the blocker of Vogler.

http://www.gonu.com/news/2017/12/2/mens-ice-hockey-gaudette-and-primeau-lead-no-12-11-nu-to-sweep-of-merrimack-3-1.aspx

5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Second unit PP....that's  Brocks spot on the first unit...but that was a quality one timer!

Horvat 

Boeser         Gaudette          Petterson  

Juelevi

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like Gaudette is having a great year, and what are the odds he plays with the Canucks next season or even later in this season? Could he be our #2C in the future? Hellava 5th round pick.

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Gaudette - Lind/Virtanen

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Looks like Gaudette is having a great year, and what are the odds he plays with the Canucks next season or even later in this season? Could he be our #2C in the future? Hellava 5th round pick.

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Gaudette - Lind/Virtanen

If the Canucks can get him to sign it’s Boeser treatment as an incentive so he’d be logging some time this year. Next year I’m thinking 90% chance he’s on the team in the bottom 6. You gotta think Sedins, Vanek and Burmistrov are all gone next year. Goldy, Gaudette, Archie and an FA signing to replace the FAs leaving.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

If the Canucks can get him to sign it’s Boeser treatment as an incentive so he’d be logging some time this year. Next year I’m thinking 90% chance he’s on the team in the bottom 6. You gotta think Sedins, Vanek and Burmistrov are all gone next year. Goldy, Gaudette, Archie and an FA signing to replace the FAs leaving.

Definitely agree with you there.

He'll be given ever opportunity to make the team next season, if he signs at the end of this season. Judging by his twitter page, he seems to rejoice in the fact that he's a Canucks prospect and probably doesnt want to bolt. He seems like a guy who's hellbent on proving people wrong and seems to have the cockiness (in a good way) of a player who still feels angst over the fact that he got drafted in the 5th round instead of the 1st. My bet is that he'll sign with the Canucks at the end of his NCAA season, slot into 7 or 8 games like Boeser, and play, play, play. If the Canucks somehow get into the playoffs, he may be benched, but I doubt it.

My gut says he'll take Burmistrov's spot as the 3rd or 4th line centre next year and maybe succeed Sutter in a few years. Ideally, the depth chart for centre in a few years should be:

Petersson

Horvat

Gaudette

Though next year it could be (if things pan out):

Horvat

Sutter

Gaudette

Gagner

• Upvote 1

While the idea of Gaudette and Petterson in the line up next year sounds great, we will not go into the year with two rookie centres.  JB just isn't wired that way.  At least one or both of these guys will start on the wing if they are both in the NHL.  In 3 years though could well be Bo, Elias, Adam and Brendan playing centre 1-4.

3 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Gaudette didnt make it to the USA world jr. preliminary team..

I sure thought he would be considered a lock to make the team.

What a day.

He's 21 already... you must be mistaken for the possibility of him making the Men's Olympic team this year.

• Upvote 3