The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

• 2 weeks later...

Gaudette and the NU Huskies are back in action after the Christmas break with a game tonight versus the AIC Yellow Jackets.

Game starts 7pm EST (4pm in Vancouver).

Looks like this one will be available for free streaming via the GoNU portal:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/northeastern/#live

Also, here’s some stuff on Gaudette from today’s game program:

Gaud Is Good
Junior Adam Gaudette is tied for sixth in the nation in scoring (24 points) and tied for seventh in goals (12). His nine multi-point games are also tied for the most in college hockey, while his seven power play goals are also tied for first.

Gaudette's done damage when it matters most. He's either scored or assisted on 11 of Northeastern's last 18 game winning goals (six goals, five assists), dating back to last season, including six of the team's 10 wins this year (four goals, two assists). His four GWG are tied for the most in the nation.

On Nov. 28, Gaudette became the 51st player in team history to reach 100 career points, and just the 22nd to accomplish the feat in three seasons or less. He's the fifth Husky in the last three seasons (Kevin Roy, Zach Aston-Reese, John Stevens, Dylan Sikura) to accomplish the feat. No Husky had done it in three seasons or fewer since Kevin Roy during his All-American season in 2014-15.

Gaudette's already seventh in career scoring among active players in the NCAA with 106 points, one of just three juniors in the top-15. His 50 career goals are tied for second and his 28 PPG lead all active players.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This kid is a keeper.  I wonder with all his power play ability if he might be better served in Utica next year for a bit.  Imagine a Ahl powerplay with Gads-Gaudette-Lind.  The three are all powerplay machines two snipers that can pass and a garbage collector in front of the net.  

Clear out a few players at next years TDL and bring up the whole line and 2nd pp at the deadline if they are rocking it 5on5 and pp.  

He can play Nhl next year.  But do you want to lose the powerplay confidence he has?  And I like the idea of building these guys step by step in groups to build team chemistry and foster that winning atmosphere.  

I'm really excited about this kid making the Canucks next season.  These college kids are older and more mature then the prospects coming out of the CHL.  Gaudette is good enough to maybe skip the development of Utica and make the Canucks out of camp.  If he is ready next season and Petterson makes the team...then look out for the Canucks next season!

4 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I'm really excited about this kid making the Canucks next season.  These college kids are older and more mature then the prospects coming out of the CHL.  Gaudette is good enough to maybe skip the development of Utica and make the Canucks out of camp.  If he is ready next season and Petterson makes the team...then look out for the Canucks next season!

Then we draft Dahlin and the Canucks have a three headed in-house race for the Calder trophy!

• Cheers 2

Had an interesting chat the other day with a player from the ncaa. Now his best friend is very close to gaudette and says he is leaning towards the Canucks especially if they take the boeser route and burn a year of his elc. But don’t want to cause a panic here he is exploring other options as well. 

4 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Had an interesting chat the other day with a player from the ncaa. Now his best friend is very close to gaudette and says he is leaning towards the Canucks especially if they take the boeser route and burn a year of his elc. But don’t want to cause a panic here he is exploring other options as well. 

I try not to get concerned over these kinds of things. I think anyone in his position would be wise to at least explore every option available to him but in the end I am confident he will see the way this organization dealt with Brock Boeser and the success he has had and he will sign here when his season ends at Northeastern. He has gone through some great development in the NCAA and by the end of this season or at the beginning of next season there should be a spot down the middle available for him if he proves he is ready.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

He would have to go another year with Northeastern if he doesn't want to sign with the Nucks.  I think I read somewhere? that he wants to turn pro next season, so he would have to sign with the Canucks to do that.  Maybe the Canucks give him a bonus to make that decision early though. 

16 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Pettersson, Dahlin, Juolevi, Gaudette, Lind

could all be in the nhl or ahl next year, pretty exciting, gone are the days when we had 1 good prospect every 5 years

gadjovich and Lockwood soon to follow the year after 

Is Gadjovich not eligible for utica next year?

17 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Pettersson, Dahlin, Juolevi, Gaudette, Lind

could all be in the nhl or ahl next year, pretty exciting, gone are the days when we had 1 good prospect every 5 years

gadjovich and Lockwood soon to follow the year after 

gadjovich is signed so don't be too surprised if he's in Utica next year

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

He would have to go another year with Northeastern if he doesn't want to sign with the Nucks.  I think I read somewhere? that he wants to turn pro next season, so he would have to sign with the Canucks to do that.  Maybe the Canucks give him a bonus to make that decision early though. 

I don't think he will , but

He could go to Europe, like Mathews did

It is an option.........

But why would he, if he can have a NHL contract, Right!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

1 assist, 4 shots on goal, 12/18 faceoffs for Gaudette in NU’s 3-1 victory.

He now has 25 points (12G 13A) in 18 NCAA games this season.

Here’s the assist:

That was an impossible angle rocket that nearly dinged in....!

I don't think Gaudette and certainly not Petterson...need anytime in the AHL, both will be Canucks next year.

Juolevi might have to start in Utica but by the trade deadline at latest he will be a Canuck.

Gadjovich and Lind are going to light it up in Utica and be ready to go in 2 years....MacEwen should be good to go on the 4th line next year sometime.

With Jake and Goldy coming on and Dahlen also looking like he might be good to go by the end of next year...

Your 2019 playoff cup contender's:

Pettersson / Horvat / Boeser

Baer / Gaudette / Goldy

Dahlen / Sutter / Virtanen

Gadjovich / Gaunce / MacEwen 

Gagme...if we have too....I guess and Eriksson if we have too ....I guess....

If the Sedins are here for one more year that would mean Dahlen and one other player stays in Utica or gets traded.

We need Gaudette as a center next year  and when Pettersson is ready to be a center again we will be able to roll 3 highly offensive lines and still have a 4th line with Gaunce Gadjovich and MacEwen...not too shabby....

Add Dahlin too that group and the sky is hardly the limit!

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

That was an impossible angle rocket that nearly dinged in....!

Yeah, he tries that shot with some regularity and has actually scored a few goals from similar angles. And even if he doesn’t score, the goalies often have trouble controlling it and the puck ends up rattling around in the crease for a guy like Stevens to jam in. 

I can see Gaudette and Gadjovich enjoying similar chemistry in our future lineup to what you see in the current NU PP setup (with Stevens net front and Gaudette firing pucks from the left side). Easy to imagine Gadjovich finishing off those same kinds of plays.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1