The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

5 hours ago, appleboy said:

Pronman is so biased towards eastern teams that is hilarious . He does have the comment that Gaudette seems to have strong ties to the Canucks correct. Gaudette needs to work on his skating , according to Pronman and he is showing some flashes of skill.

I started to doubt Pronman's ability to judge young players when I read his recent assessment of the top 100 young players for the 2017/2018 season...he had Boeser at 18 behind guys like Suzuki and Glass:...

posted here for reference

http://insider2text.xyz/articles/ad3a259aadc90c3b

5 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

If Gaudette signs his first NHL contract with a team other than the Canucks, I'll change my username to "I Licked Matthew Tkachuk". You can quote me on that.

lmao, ur a risky guy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Absolutely not, and have no desire to conjure up worry over things that aren't going to happen.

You should probably calm down, I wasn't "conjuring up worry"  was just asking a question to the people who have been following Gaudette more than myself.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

I started to doubt Pronman's ability to judge young players when I read his recent assessment of the top 100 young players for the 2017/2018 season...he had Boeser at 18 behind guys like Suzuki and Glass:...

He is presently at the top of his league in scoring and most of what I have read say he is a powerfull skater. He looked outstanding in the prospects game this year. 

Lately some of the people who make their living evaluating prospects are having to say that the Canucks are building a descent group of talent. It seems to be killing them to do so.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

If Gaudette signs his first NHL contract with a team other than the Canucks, I'll change my username to "I Licked Matthew Tkachuk". You can quote me on that.

Considering you’re already a rat, is boot licking a stretch?  :o

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Just quoting myself above because I just realized that Pronman's updated list for the 2017/2018 season came out yesterday.  To me its even less credible than his list last year which had Boeser at 18

This year he has Pettersson at 10 behind guys like Vilardi (who has barely played this year) and Heiskanen who hasnt looked any better than Juolevi who he ranks at 33.

No mention of Gaudette who leads the NCAA - maybe because he is too old for this list im not sure. (Only 2 canucks made the top 50 and Demko made the top 5 goaltenders)

I didnt want to pay to read rubbish but I found his top 10 listed on hf boards

(Updated List is behind a pay wall https://theathletic.com/194852/2018/01/16/pronman-2017-18-midseason-top-50-nhl-prospects/)

Middelstadt
Tolvanen
Heiskanen
Necas
Borgstrom
Thomas
Kaprizov
Vilardi
Strome
Pettersson

28 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Just quoting myself above because I just realized that Pronman's updated list for the 2017/2018 season came out yesterday.  To me its even less credible than his list last year which had Boeser at 18

This year he has Pettersson at 10 behind guys like Vilardi (who has barely played this year) and Heiskanen who hasnt looked any better than Juolevi who he ranks at 33.

No mention of Gaudette who leads the NCAA - maybe because he is too old for this list im not sure. (Only 2 canucks made the top 50 and Demko made the top 5 goaltenders)

I didnt want to pay to read rubbish but I found his top 10 listed on hf boards

(Updated List is behind a pay wall https://theathletic.com/194852/2018/01/16/pronman-2017-18-midseason-top-50-nhl-prospects/)

Middelstadt
Tolvanen
Heiskanen
Necas
Borgstrom
Thomas
Kaprizov
Vilardi
Strome
Pettersson

Is strome as in Dylan Strome? That guy has been incredibly disappointing this year. He’s a great player but everyone and their mom thought he would make the coyotes this year. But he’s been out shine by Keller and Domi and stuff. Can’t believe he would get ranked above pettersson who is a year behind in development but scoring at a computable rate in a comporable league (comparing shl to ahl)

1 minute ago, Canadian Clay said:

Is strome as in Dylan Strome? That guy has been incredibly disappointing this year. He’s a great player but everyone and their mom thought he would make the coyotes this year. But he’s been out shine by Keller and Domi and stuff. Can’t believe he would get ranked above pettersson who is a year behind in development but scoring at a computable rate in a comporable league (comparing shl to ahl)

im still trying to figure out how Gaudette doesnt crack his top 50!  Even Button had him at 40 last year and he wasnt as good as this year.

7 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

im still trying to figure out how Gaudette doesnt crack his top 50!  Even Button had him at 40 last year and he wasnt as good as this year.

Pronmans excuses for things like that are always so bad too. “Uhhhh well yeah this guy is scoring lots of points and plays in every situation and his coach and teammates love him but I’m a bit concerned about his foot speed so yeah he’s a bad prospect”

47 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

He's obliterating the ahl, which is arguably better than the shl. Lol.... 

Edited by cyoung

I don’t mind Pronman as an analyst. And I enjoy him as an interview. He’s quite good for profiles/scouting reports and player comparables. And he often makes some interesting and valuable observations on individual prospects.

But I don’t really put too much stock in his rankings. They always seem just a little off to me, subject to some noticeable (albeit fairly consistent) biases, and often include a few hot takes. 

14 minutes ago, cyoung said:

He's obliterating the ahl, which is arguably better than the shl. Lol.... 

His stats in the AHL are basically the same as Pettersson in the SHL. The two leagues are quite comparable really, slightly more scoring in the AHL though. I would put pettersson higher because he is 1 1/2 years younger than strome while achieving similar numbers. Strome is in his draft+3 year and still can’t cut it full time on an NHL team. Pettersson is in his draft +1 and breaking scoring records