The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

you think hearing it from the horses mouth wont be enough?? lol...

To any sane, rational person, it should be. However, we all know one of two things will happen:

1. Someone will forget that he said this and cause a fuss about it months later

2. Someone will question the sincerity of his words and suggest that he's just paying lip service, even though the tone of his voice suggests he's dead serious about signing with the team that drafted him

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

To any sane, rational person, it should be. However, we all know one of two things will happen:

2. Someone will question the sincerity of his words and suggest that he's just paying lip service, even though the tone of his voice suggests he's dead serious about signing with the team that drafted him

I went back and read through 25 pages of this thread,.....and ...I have no doubt you are right :-)

Edited by Darius71
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I've got to say that I was never worried to begin with as I'm sure we would have heard rumors of his displeasure of playing in Vancouver by now. But none the less good news to hear anyways. I am very excited to see him In a Canucks jersey. He is going to be a fan favorite I think.

Edited by thrago
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, cyoung said:

I see it all the time, people have these lofty goals that's maybe people can live up to and they are disappointed. Just because I live on planet earth doesn't mean I am an oilers fan lol. 

I'd love to see them in Canuck jerseys next year but I'm not gonna say they are locks.. 

...and I for one respect your right to not call them locks....so....maybe you could do the same for those of us that do...and I might add I am 3 out of 4 for calling locks and Hodgson was traded....otherwise Stecher, Bo and Boeser all had people calling me out for calling them locks....

see my point yet...

carry on....

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

And both of which will be sourced back to the scummy Vancouver media jackals.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...and I for one respect your right to not call them locks....so....maybe you could do the same for those of us that do...and I might add I am 3 out of 4 for calling locks and Hodgson was traded....otherwise Stecher, Bo and Boeser all had people calling me out for calling them locks....

see my point yet...

carry on....

No,  that's great. I'm proud of you lol. 

Great response(#thankgaudB)).  I didn't think he or any other NCAA prospect in our system would pull a Vesey.  I think people are paranoid when it comes to this scenario but how many prospects have actually done this compared to all those that don't?  It's really nothing to worry about.  Hopefully he gets 10 or so games in this year to help turbo charge his offseason so he'll be ready for the pros next year.

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Great response(#thankgaudB)).  I didn't think he or any other NCAA prospect in our system would pull a Vesey.  I think people are paranoid when it comes to this scenario but how many prospects have actually done this compared to all those that don't?  It's really nothing to worry about.  Hopefully he gets 10 or so games in this year to help turbo charge his offseason so he'll be ready for the pros next year.

I think this mainly happens when a player really doesn’t break out as a top NCAA player until he’s in his 4th year of college hockey. At the end of that year maybe you hear your favourite team is interested and could sway you from the team that drafted you. Gaudettes been great right from the start! I think getting the Boeser treatment and coming in at the end of this year and getting a year off the entry level contract is enough to pull him away from his 4th year of college.

They need to stop the college loophole anyways. It only benefits desirable locations which makes it unfair. I mean maybe make a team surrender a first to the franchise They snaked even, or if they really don’t wanna play where they were drafted simply request a trade.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

They need to stop the college loophole anyways. It only benefits desirable locations which makes it unfair. I mean maybe make a team surrender a first to the franchise They snaked even, or if they really don’t wanna play where they were drafted simply request a trade.

It's not really just a college loophole though, is it? Any prospect can opt not to sign an ELC with the team who drafts him. They would re-enter the draft in non-NCAA cases, but they can opt to not sign with the next team that drafts them too. What's the difference between the NCAA and a CHLer not signing, then going to Europe until the expiration of exculsive rights?

Edited by MattJVD

6 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

It's not really just a college loophole though, is it? Any prospect can opt not to sign an ELC with the team who drafts him. They would re-enter the draft in non-NCAA cases, but they can opt to not sign with the next team that drafts them too. What's the difference between the NCAA and a CHLer not signing, then going to Europe until the expiration of exculsive rights?

Wouldn't they have to wait until their NHL team loses the rights to them? Isn't that like 21? How many 21 year olds are even in the draft? I am not entirely sure on the rules regarding CHL players not signing with their NHL team. I assume they can't re-enter the draft at 19, since their NHL team still has their rights.