The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

If Sikura goes to free agency we really need to try and sign him! He's grown since the draft and most sites have him at 6ft now. Great play making ability, NHL ready and would be a great fit with this team. Plus if you sign him it won't hurt so bad to trade another player for a top defensive prospect

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

If Sikura goes to free agency we really need to try and sign him! He's grown since the draft and most sites have him at 6ft now. Great play making ability, NHL ready and would be a great fit with this team. Plus if you sign him it won't hurt so bad to trade another player for a top defensive prospect

He will be locked up by Chicago easy. 

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He’s scored so many goals from that spot and he’s gonna score a bunch more from there as a pro.

Only question is how Gaudette and Boeser will share “office space.” 

Rotation, either gaudette net front or boeser high slot. Rotating between those two positions and their shooting spot.

To clear up, if Boes is in the shooting spot the Gaud is net front but then they rotate and boeser slides to the high slot and Gaud slides over to the shooting spot. That movement could prove deadly with pettersson feeding passes from the right side and Juolevi at the point.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Rotation, either gaudette net front or boeser high slot. Rotating between those two positions and their shooting spot.

To clear up, if Boes is in the shooting spot the Gaud is net front but then they rotate and boeser slides to the high slot and Gaud slides over to the shooting spot. That movement could prove deadly with pettersson feeding passes from the right side and Juolevi at the point.

Yeah, it’s definitely the kind of “problem” you like to have.

They could be deadly together (like the configuration you’re hinting at) or provide RH shooting options on two separate power play units. 

I was just thinking about how good Gaudette has been in “his office” and I honestly can’t say who I’d prefer (between Boes and Gaud) taking shots from that spot.

I suppose the “why not both” girl has the answer I’m looking for.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

11 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Am I seeing it right that Colorado got sens 1st pick this year which is looking to be top 3? Maybe we can target Colorado for their own first in a trade as it looks like they will be fighting for playoffs.

Conditional pick. If the Sens 2018 1st is top-10, they keep it and give Colorado their 2019 1st.

31 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Am I seeing it right that Colorado got sens 1st pick this year which is looking to be top 3? Maybe we can target Colorado for their own first in a trade as it looks like they will be fighting for playoffs.

If sens are thinking about dissecting there team they may give Colorado there pick if it ain’t top 2 regardless I would be down to give up gudbranson and vanek for top 10 protected pick cuz Ottawa ain’t getting any better next year with the talk of hoffman/karlsson being traded 

On 2018-01-26 at 11:41 PM, Derp... said:

One thing Ive noticed is that he really needs to play with a play maker on his wing. I can see him working well with someone like Dahlen or Goldobin if he starts to attack more. 

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. We’re watching a lot of highlights of his big bomb on the powerplay and of course he’s getting set up, it’s the powerplay. He creates a lot for himself and his teammates with his speed off the rush and his relentless on the forecheck. Of course a few set up men would be great for AG but I don’t believe it’s as necessary as some may think. 

Havent watched JD at all tbh besides highlights so Iunno how they’ll gel on paper but goldobin I’m betting they never play a game together (goldy trade, calling it)