The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

16 hours ago, dank.sinatra said:

You spelled category wrong. 

If you really want to go down that path, then I can point out a bunch of flaws grammatically in your previous post;  however, I'm not going to do that  because this is a hockey forum and not an English correction forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If you really want to go down that path, then I can point out a bunch of flaws grammatically in your previous post;  however, I'm not going to do that  because this is a hockey forum and not an English correction forum.

Why do some people need to TRY to show how smrt they are?  :lol:

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Cheers for the kind words. :) 

You won’t hear much argument from me re: Gaudette. While I like to try to be conservative and not always feed the hype machine, I can’t help but see a future middle 6 forward in Gaudette. Everything you’ve said rings true. Not overrating him IMO.

200 ft player, leader on and off the ice, good size, gritty presence, compete level off the charts, good motor, really dangerous shooter, especially on PP, real solid, aggressive PKer, good skater, strong on draws, honestly it just goes on an on. Maybe the tools aren’t elite but they’re all very good. 

He sounds like a Kesler clone?

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He sounds like a Kesler clone?

Yeah, that's definitely a good comparison, especially from a Vancouver perspective. Obviously that's on the high end of the range you might predict for Gaudette (at least at this point in time), but it's very possible.

As for tonight's game, I had to stop watching to go take care of some family business, so missed the third period.

Finished 1-1. The UNH goalie (I forget his name) was first star, stopping 40/41. Gaudette had 5 shots on goal and a bunch of other attempts that went wide or got blocked. Broke his stick on one chance that might have otherwise sealed the win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zack aston Reese just got a call up from the pens. He was hobey baker finalist last year and almost 2ppg. Around .7ish in the AHL this year. 

Curious to see how long of a look he gets with Sheary out, but I would expect Reese and Gaudette to be fairly compareable players? I know Gaudette is slightly younger and will not have as hard of a time making the nhl as our team not near as deep upfront as pittsburgh.