The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Draft Performance Poll

JamesB

Canuck Draft Performance Poll  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just hoping to be rid of Bieksa this weekend and I had hoped for a little bit of a better return for Lack.

Other than that, no problems with any picks - although seeing Kylington drop to 60 and go to Calgary hurts.

D

Wasn't a complete disaster, but with that being said it was a sub par draft IMO. Benning had pieces he wanted to move and could have moved for a decent pick or two, but he couldn't get it done. I thought the Canucks needed to address the fact that they don't have a top tier dman in the prospect pool? Going with Brock wasn't a bad pick, but with that being said, i think Benning needed to have moved pieces to get into the top 15 in this draft.

I personally don't think any of these guys will ever play for us with exception of Boesser and I will still be worried until the day we sign him.

I first chose C, deleted my vote and chose D. This draft is very lacking in excitement, looking at the profiles and scouting reports of the players we drafted the last 2 days......

nothing to be really excited about.

This is pretty straightforward. With the picks and deals done it is now time to rate Benning's draft performance. Please take into account the deals made to acquire picks and any missed opportunities.

People might not be happy only getting a 3rd this year for Eddy or not being able to make a deal for Bieska, but as far as the picks Benning has selected they have been excellent. We are at the begginning of year 2 of a Benning Linden time and we need to chill and allow their plan to work it self out. Next year will be the real time for the Cunucks to make change and load up on picks. Thats easy to figure out.

Have to agree that the draft was disappointing. Getting the #210 pick was amusing. That is the second to last pick in the draft. Anyone you want at that stage you can probably bring in as a free agent. But the Canucks did not give up anything meaningful as they were not going to sign McNally anyway.

More importantly, I was somewhat disappointed in almost every pick. Most of the picks were taken before the major ranking agencies suggested they should have been taken. The one major exception is Brisebois, who does look like a good pick for a third rounder. But obviously it was disappointing to get only a third round pick for Eddie. And the Canucks traded away their best goalie -- and the one guy who really wanted to be here.

Considering that the Canucks wasted a second round pick on Vey last year, getting only a third round pick for Eddie seems downright insulting. Kind of like giving Sbisa 3.6 million after trading Garrison to clear cap space (and only getting a 2nd round pick in return.)

Also, after all the talk about making sure to scout the WHL and not miss players in their own backyard, no WHL players were picked until the all-important #210 overall pick. It would have nice to at least have another local player to follow.

So far the Canucks have not improved this team for next year, so unless JB can pull some great deals before the trade deadline it will just be more of the same lackluster play for next season.

I dont care what they did at the draft,,,didnt expect much to be honest..Boeser looks promising..dont think we were his first choice but he is here...what we need is to clear out some of the useless over priced core...or next year will be hard to watch.

I wont mind losing with our kids but Im sick and trired of losing with our lacklustre high paid vets.

Have to give him a D this year! After trading away a 2nd round pick for the likes of Vey and then trading Lack for next to nothing! Well cheers to the future tank, at least we won't get bounced in the first round because we will not make the playoffs.

Archived