The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Draft Performance Poll

JamesB

Canuck Draft Performance Poll  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering all the factors I dont think he could have done any better. - Disappointed Eddie's gone, though I guess his UFA next year was a big factor! - As for Bieksa, personally I dont think Benning wanted to be taken to the cleaners by San Jose - I think Vancouver is perceived by the other GM's as being soft so hang in there Mr. Benning - I still got faith!

I have to pick C. Overall, he did a fair job - but not good enough to turn the Canucks into a powerhouse capable of competing with the Oilers, Sabres, or Hawks.

The guys he picked could emerge as top-tier players after maybe three or four years of development - but that will be too late for the Sedins to have a Cup-winning chance before they retire. McDavid, by then, will be overpowering the league and replacing Toews and the Hawks as the Stanley Cup dynasty. He also would have done better had he took Jeremy Roy with the first pick, then maybe working quickly to get a second-rounder from a goaltender trade to get Boeser

I have to pick C. Overall, he did a fair job - but not good enough to turn the Canucks into a powerhouse capable of competing with the Oilers, Sabres, or Hawks.

The guys he picked could emerge as top-tier players after maybe three or four years of development - but that will be too late for the Sedins to have a Cup-winning chance before they retire. McDavid, by then, will be overpowering the league and replacing Toews and the Hawks as the Stanley Cup dynasty. He also would have done better had he took Jeremy Roy with the first pick, then maybe working quickly to get a second-rounder from a goaltender trade to get Boeser

It's not too late. Benning could get the team back into the game by making a number of trades and signings. Drafting is his thing, but if you're going to compete, you got to act now. Either part ways with the old core, trade them off to contending teams or pull a miracle for them here.

Take the blinders off! Look at what Calgary has accomplished. You know the Lames every one likes to laugh at. Hamilton, Kylington and Anderson added. We couldn't beat them this year and the future looks a whole lot dimmer. Let us not bring up the other Alberta team the Coilers...

Never mind the Kings and Ducks...

The future looks dim indeed!

By the sounds of it, looks like the Sharks and Bruins backed out on supposed deals. Seems like the Bruins do not want to help any of their old management, as they burned both the oilers Charelli and JB. Not our fault that a cheating slime ball organization like the Bruins would do this.

Archived