The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

@Thats_Offside:

Canucks with their best pick of the day, snagging PCS sleeper Lukas Jasek out of the Czech Republic

@MoneyPuck_:

Best on the PCS board:

Lukas Jasek

LUCAS CARLSSON

kay schweri

Nikita Korostelev

PIUS SUTER

JONI TUULOLA

Gustav Bouramman

Nathan Noel

@MoneyPuck_:

Finally got one.. Lukas Jasek. 31% PCS.. Played full year in Czech Elite league as 17 year-old. Top PCS guy on list. Great sleeper

Scouting report: http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/6/10/8755535/lukas-jasek-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

Great value pick considerinf the point of the draft he was picked. Best PCS player on the board. Can't complain here. Was given an 'A' rating by CSS in 2014, meaning potential 1st round talent. Very interesting. Really like this pick. #23 EU skater.

I like that he's got an upside in his age. For 6th round this is a pretty good player.

• Upvote 1

This is how I think we should be spending later round picks, drafting for more risky but higher potential upside. It's much more exciting that Mackenzie Stewart and Kyle Petite.

Enjoying the European highly skilled players though, we need some of them to turn out to complement all the hard workers and physical players we've been picking in higher rounds. I'd echo others' points about being interested in this pick despite being a 6th rounder.

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/6/10/8755535/lukas-jasek-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile?_ga=1.221326232.1287843119.1435281903

"Ranked 20th by Central Scouting is another Extraliga tyke in Lukas Jasek, who’ll first turn 18 in August of this year. He has a year of hockey for Sodertalje in Sweden under his belt and also participated in last spring’s U18 tournament. This season, he has two assists in 23 games for Trinec in the country’s top league and is thought of as a likely first liner at the U18 tournament in Switzerland. The 6’1”, 172 pounder is a kid you may see in the CHL next season, whether taken by an NHL team this summer or not."

Edited by Derp...

I like what I see.

I know he plays in the Czech league but he played a year in Sweden so I'm just going to call this a Gradin pick.

Apparently he wants to come play in the CHL next season, so that's good news.

Edited by Gyllenhaal
  • Upvote 1

That fluff piece played a Stanley Cup final with broken ribs, that had to be frozen before each game. Played in the league for almost 20 years. Hit like a wrecking ball. Was president of the Players Association. Gave everything he had in every game. Scored 99 points in 124 playoff games, and won the Memorial Cup twice.

Sounds to me like a guy who knows hockey.

You're wrong. Tom Sestito knows whats best for the club

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/6/10/8755535/lukas-jasek-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile?_ga=1.221326232.1287843119.1435281903

"Ranked 20th by Central Scouting is another Extraliga tyke in Lukas Jasek, who’ll first turn 18 in August of this year. He has a year of hockey for Sodertalje in Sweden under his belt and also participated in last spring’s U18 tournament. This season, he has two assists in 23 games for Trinec in the country’s top league and is thought of as a likely first liner at the U18 tournament in Switzerland. The 6’1”, 172 pounder is a kid you may see in the CHL next season, whether taken by an NHL team this summer or not."

If this were to happen, does anyone currently own his rights, or would he have to be selected this import draft?

That fluff piece played a Stanley Cup final with broken ribs, that had to be frozen before each game. Played in the league for almost 20 years. Hit like a wrecking ball. Was president of the Players Association. Gave everything he had in every game. Scored 99 points in 124 playoff games, and won the Memorial Cup twice.

Sounds to me like a guy who knows hockey.

I don't mind the pick at all - actually like it. Linden the player is a legend.

As a president, he's put in as a fluff piece.

Another site eliteprospects has him as 6'1" not 5'11"

Fell cause of his size. Great pick. Let's hope he pans out.

15 months younger than Pastrnak, he's already bigger (just grew 2") and put up over 1PPG. Liking this pick too, perhaps even as the Canucks' most-promising one today, especially considering where he was taken.

High energy player with great skating skills and strong shot that could fill in a top six role if needed but likely ends up on a third line.

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/Undrafted-Under-20/lukas-jasek

All these picks on the players that performed well at the U18 tournament... I hope this doesn't mean that JB is overriding other scouts' recommendations.

Ya I noticed that too. Benning does think highly of his scouting ability, he very well could've.

But I think this is probably Benning's best pick of the draft (relative to the drafting position).

I remember hearing the name Lukas Jasek a few months back. Since the extent of my knowledge about the draft didn't really reach past the 3rd/early 4th round, I'm happy we managed to grab Jasek in the 6th. Let's hope pans out, guy seems to have some serious skill. Jasek + Zhukenov have the potential to be real good for us.