The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

8 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think it’s just a fairly standard move to qualify him in order to retain his rights. I’m not sure how long they’ll hold his rights for but I believe it’s a one year deal he signed overseas so if he wants to come back to North America next year it’ll be with the Canucks organization, unless they trade him. 

Maybe has an out clause, interesting to see who they see as having a future and those released

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe has an out clause, interesting to see who they see as having a future and those released

I thought Jasek was sounding kind of promising the last couple years so it sucked to see him head back overseas. Hopefully he’s still in the organization’s plans and wants to give it another go next year. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I thought Jasek was sounding kind of promising the last couple years so it sucked to see him head back overseas. Hopefully he’s still in the organization’s plans and wants to give it another go next year. 

Solid from waht I heard, low mantainance player. Clear they valued him

• Cheers 1

He must have gotten a big disheartened, though.  Saw all his buddies moving on, or moving up.  Boucher and Goldobin moved on, and Baertschi not going to stay.  Bailey. Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood called up, yet he never got a sniff although it could be argued that he was the ingredient that made them somewhat successful 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He must have gotten a big disheartened, though.  Saw all his buddies moving on, or moving up.  Boucher and Goldobin moved on, and Baertschi not going to stay.  Bailey. Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood called up, yet he never got a sniff although it could be argued that he was the ingredient that made them somewhat successful 

From what little I saw of him playing; he seemed like the glue guy that helped make everything else work, esp. in the trying Covid times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I still have him pegged to come back next year and likely earn a spot in the bottom six as the Canucks look to flesh out cheaper options in the bottom six in a years time.

Still a big Jasek believer.

Weird, thought he was going back to Czech league... Fin league works though. 

Agree, good to see him still doing soild, two way, Jasek things. I'm hoping he's back next year as well to flesh out an inexpensive bottom 6.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I still have him pegged to come back next year and likely earn a spot in the bottom six as the Canucks look to flesh out cheaper options in the bottom six in a years time.

Still a big Jasek believer.

Jasek and Utunen are ours.

It's awesome to see them together.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Weird, thought he was going back to Czech league... Fin league works though. 

Agree, good to see him still doing soild, two way, Jasek things. I'm hoping he's back next year as well to flesh out an inexpensive bottom 6.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Jasek with a goal and an assist today for the Pelicans.  Jasek is playing 1st line center.  Utunen on top pairing defense.  

They played against Joni Jurmo, 2nd pairing defense, and Petrus Palmu, 2nd line winger who had 2 assists.

Would have been a fun one to watch for Canucks' fans.

3 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

It’s early goings but he’s now tied for second in Liiga scoring with 6 points. 

I like Jasek, but I don't see a path for him in Vancouver. He's not going to replace Peterson or Horvat in the top 6 center, so we might be best option to trade his rights for a pick or someone who projects as a 3rd / 4th lime center. Give him a chance to succeed with another team.

22 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I like Jasek, but I don't see a path for him in Vancouver. He's not going to replace Peterson or Horvat in the top 6 center, so we might be best option to trade his rights for a pick or someone who projects as a 3rd / 4th lime center. Give him a chance to succeed with another team.

He's very solid defensively. No reason he can't play in the bottom 6.

• Cheers 1