The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tate Olson | D

saucypass

@MoneyPuck_:

Tate Olson not a bad choice for second last pick in draft. 8% PCS

@DubFromAbove:

Canucks stay close to home and grab D Tate Olson of the PG Cougars. Raw but has some major tools at his disposal. http://t.co/OY9npdbnqb

@MoneyPuck_:

About a dozen >10% PCS players left undrafted.. Same as last year, where half of those guys were signed after solid training camps

Good pick for 7th round. Were certainly some better PCS guys but nothing to be mad over. Olson is quite decent himself.

I have season tickets to the Cougars and I gotta say I really, really, really like this pick. Awesome choice for the 7th round. Very raw but quite a bit of potential here.

A token WHL pick from the Cougars should've been saved for the Anderson kid next year;).

Anderson is going to be an awesome player.

What kind of defense-man is he? Puck-moving? Defensive? Safe two-way?

At least he's "toolsy", maybe we'll have another Corrado on our hands?

Safe two-way. Good defensively but can chip in offensively. I think he's got the potential to be a good d-man. Like 5-6 and maybe if the stars align 3-4. Really like this pick for the 7th round.

He looks a bit awkward out there right now, but I think that's probably because he's at that awkward teenage stage where you just hit a growth spurt and you haven't adjusted to your size yet.

Hahahaha. I watch the Cougars a lot and every time this guy gets in the ice I groan. Freaking Turnover Machine. Fans on point shots, puts pucks right off the shin pads for breakaway turnovers, trips on the blue line, you name it, if it could cause a turnover and odd man rush he almost always does it.

Archived