The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tate Olson | D

saucypass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2015-07-28, 12:31:49, Big Mike said:

He's definitely got a lot of skill his problem is that he's not exactly the safest D-man to have out there. He makes too many mistakes. That being said he's a heck of a nice guy and has flashes of brilliance but I'd say he's got a long way to go if he wants to make the show

Update on this Tate's been an all around beast this year he's far better in his own zone. Honestly I'm shocked by how much better he's looking, not only that but he's a possession monster as well. Tonight he had control of the puck in his own zone for extended periods of time and led several breakouts as well. His hockey IQ and stick handling have  improved as well not to mention he's doing a great job of correcting his own mistakes ( giving the puck away and then immediately stealing it back) I think if he remains consistent let alone keeps improving he'll prove to be a steal of a pick.

5 minutes ago, Big Mike said:

Update on this Tate's been an all around beast this year he's far better in his own zone. Honestly I'm shocked by how much better he's looking, not only that but he's a possession monster as well. Tonight he had control of the puck in his own zone for extended periods of time and led several breakouts as well. His hockey IQ and stick handling have  improved as well not to mention he's doing a great job of correcting his own mistakes ( giving the puck away and then immediately stealing it back) I think if he remains consistent let alone keeps improving he'll prove to be a steal of a pick.

I caught the OT period and Tate really has a good set of wheels.  Can skate and can control the puck very well.  Looks like a solid contributor to PG

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I caught the OT period and Tate really has a good set of wheels.  Can skate and can control the puck very well.  Looks like a solid contributor to PG

He really was able to take over the game at times tonight and got 1st star with 1 assist which was very well earned he's been the cougs best defense man so far by a fair bit.

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Stewart?

I wouldn't quite put Stewart there yet. He is big, fights, and skates well for his size. However, he is still a long way from establishing himself as a legit prospect. 10 years ago I'd agree with you. A player with his size and fighting ability probably makes it to the NHL as an enforcer as long as they can skate fairly well and not be a complete liability defensively. 

Once he sticks full-time in the AHL I will change my mind. 

On 11/29/2015, 9:48:54, GarthButcher5 said:

Too bad that no one seems to be coming out to the Cougars games. Looks like a lot of empty seats there.

It's slowly going up. Gotta realize just how terrible previous ownership was. It's gonna take some time to change the perception of the team around town.

Another assist for Olson today.

Another great game by Olson as he picked up 2nd star and an assist. He's having an awesome season so far 16 points in 20 games and on a 6 game point streak right now. I'm really really happy to see how much he's improved he's been our best defense-man so far and his +7 is good for second best on the team

On 2015-12-01, 9:46:01, Nas19 said:

It's slowly going up. Gotta realize just how terrible previous ownership was. It's gonna take some time to change the perception of the team around town.

Another assist for Olson today.

Yup it's slowly improving I think making the playoffs again especially if we can win a round would be great for attendance.

I remember going during the heyday and having to phone ahead to reserve tickets (we lived in Mackenzie so it was a 2 hr drive to go see them) Man those where the days standing room only for playoffs then things went down hill thanks to the work of arguably the worst  management group in WHL history.

5 minutes ago, Big Mike said:

Another great game by Olson as he picked up 2nd star and an assist. He's having an awesome season so far 16 points in 20 games and on a 6 game point streak right now. I'm really really happy to see how much he's improved he's been our best defense-man so far and his +7 is good for second best on the team

Good to hear. Looks like Benning really knows how to pick them

15 hours ago, Big Mike said:

Yup it's slowly improving I think making the playoffs again especially if we can win a round would be great for attendance.

I remember going during the heyday and having to phone ahead to reserve tickets (we lived in Mackenzie so it was a 2 hr drive to go see them) Man those where the days standing room only for playoffs then things went down hill thanks to the work of arguably the worst  management group in WHL history.

I remember going to the odd random game during the downtime and it really felt like the seat numbers on the tickets didn't matter at all. Even the middle of the rink had so many empty seats and the crowd was so quiet.

Archived