The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How does our top propects rank after the draft?

hatedkid666

We've got a very nice supply of guys who will be 2nd/3rd line F and 2nd/3rd pair D, and I have high hopes for many of our prospects to become NHL regular., but I think our biggest issue is we still do not have any prospect that looks like he could be a game breaker. Obviously somebody may surprise, but we still lack an elite level prospect.

I'd say were around 15th-20th, which is nice because 3 years ago I'd say we were probably in the bottom 3.

I'm using this format i like this one,

I would like to remind everybody that i am going on potential ceilings and who would be the more valuable player upon their performance peak.

(Finnish Aho)

Drafted players by the Canucks (minus Horvat) under 24, rankings based on upside. I'm

1: Dmitry Zhukenov

2: Jake Virtanen

3: Thatcher Demko

4: Hunter Shinkaruk

5: Jared McCann

6: Brock Boeser

7: Carter Hutton

8: Guillermo Brisboise

9: Cole Cassels

10: Jordan Subban

Honourable mentions

Brendan Gaunce

Adam Gaudette

Nikita Tryamkin

Still missing a top end defensive prospect. nothing was really available at 23, thats why i was happy with Boeser instead of a defenceman

Mid-pack.

The draft didn't change the rank of the pool (may even have dropped, with the low first and lack of 2nd), as the bigger factor will be how the prospects continue to develop from where they are now.

With a late first, no second, and overall lack of depth PLUS Baertschi, Clendening, Corrado, and Markstrom graduating to the pro ranks we probably went from 15-18 down to around 22-25.

With a late first, no second, and overall lack of depth PLUS Baertschi, Clendening, Corrado, and Markstrom graduating to the pro ranks we probably went from 15-18 down to around 22-25.

But in terms of depth, we have a lot of young guys. Including them, I would say we sneak into the top 1/3 of the league

It is very nice to see CDC coming to grips with reality.

-Yes, our prospect pools is middle of the row

- Yes we have no top end forward prospects

-Yes we have no top end defensive prospects

-We have an aging core

-And no real top end young players on the big club........Horvat is a great second line player, but a second line player no less!

-And we still have not declared we need to rebuild

You guys are nuts! Every proposal I have made you guys say we over pay or you can't trade players with NTC's

And today everyone wants a rebuild! LOL When I suggested Hamhuis and Lack for Edmonton's 16 and 33 OA, you said it couldn't happen and we are paying too much......now everyone realizes that it wouldn't go through because Edmonton wouldn't pay that much! LOL

Until we trade some of our quality nhl players or fall to the bottom, you are going to watch, guys like Jensen fall off the prospects list and never make the big club........aka exit Jensen (1st liner with the Sedin's you know!) and enter Broeser..........

Your call but I am in for trading Hamhuis, and Edler for grade a prospects or picks at the deadline........it will accelerate our prospects list and make us stronger down the road.............does any one really think we contend this year!

End of rant!

Solid depth! no first line players, all 2, 3, 4's

Archived