The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Non-Boeser Pick Are You Most Excited About?

thejazz97

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

were is the none of the above option? I'm not excited for any of these prospects, considering this was a "strong" draft year, I am already having doubts that it was a strong draft year (with exception of the 1st 2 picks) in the 1st place.

It was a strong draft year, just not for the Canucks. Boeser looks like a fairly standard low first round pick. Nothing wrong with him. But why not go for one of the local guys like Juulsen or Merkley.

The other picks are all pretty much lottery tickets. Let's hope Benning really does have a good eye for potential. Usually teams that go this far away from standard rankings underperform.

Given these draft picks I am glad Benning traded a second round pick for Baertschi. He is a solid prospect.

From just looking at a couple of things on his profile on nhl.com I'm already excited about Brisebois:

• As a 17-year-old sophomore in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Brisebois served as captain and led Titan defensemen with 28 points (4-24—28) in 63 games.

• Brisebois is a two-time medalist with Canada, winning gold at the 2014 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and bronze at the 2015 Under-18 World Junior Championship. He also represented Team Quebec at the 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.

This Lack deal could be another Schneider for Horvat type deal.

It was a strong draft year, just not for the Canucks. Boeser looks like a fairly standard low first round pick. Nothing wrong with him. But why not go for one of the local guys like Juulsen or Merkley.

The other picks are all pretty much lottery tickets. Let's hope Benning really does have a good eye for potential. Usually teams that go this far away from standard rankings underperform.

Given these draft picks I am glad Benning traded a second round pick for Baertschi. He is a solid prospect.

Local has nothing to do with a guy being a good or bad pick. Silly to poo poo a pick for that reason. Boeser has more upside than Juulsen and is probably on par with Merkley, but a goal scorer instead of a playmaker.

There were other good options at 23 (Merkley, Konecny, Roy) but none that were obviously better than Boeser.

On topic however it seems Jasek or Brisebois are our best picks, but it's all a crapshoot after round 1 anyway.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Brisebois and he seemed like a good kid to have and develop from what I've seen and heard in interviews.

Dunno much about Zhukenov so can't say much about him. But he seems to need to bulk up quite a bit.

Archived