The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Chris Pronger traded to Arizona

If true I think the NHL needs to stop these trades.

NO different than the Horton trade.

Should not be able to trade long term injury players.

they should "Luongo Rule" these deals.

If true I think the NHL needs to stop these trades.

NO different than the Horton trade.

Should not be able to trade long term injury players.

they should "Luongo Rule" these deals.

I completely agree with you. It's a pure abuse of the rules and should be legislated out, but at the same time I give big props to the GM's who think outside the box and pull these things off while "technically" within the rules.

Just a lost voice, out in the Asian wilderness-so ya, understand I don't count.

But I'm pretty much done with this league. They'll never get another dime from me(& haven't for a LONGGGG time:^)

Don't like how they do biz..Gordon Gecko in Bettman's stead, would be more honest. The media aided & abetted what was an official trashing of our team(when we were strong). Everything is more linked than people will accept.

It was FUN in the '70s & '80s-no matter, win or lose. Now it's a form of stress.

Will always keep an eye on the Canucks..like Clinton, smoke but not inhale...

I completely agree with you. It's a pure abuse of the rules and should be legislated out, but at the same time I give big props to the GM's who think outside the box and pull these things off while "technically" within the rules.

I'm pretty sure Luongos contract was also "technically" within the rules as well. Didn't stop Buttman from doing what he does best. Gagner going the other way

I'm pretty sure Luongos contract was also "technically" within the rules as well. Didn't stop Buttman from doing what he does best.

Yes it was and it was wrong for Bettman to change the rules retroactively. I'm sure they could've taken that to court and won but there would've been repercussions.

But I'm pretty much done with this league. They'll never get another dime from me(& haven't for a LONGGGG time:^)

Don't like how they do biz..Gordon Gecko in Bettman's stead, would be more honest. The media aided & abetted what was an official trashing of our team(when we were strong). Everything is more linked than people will accept.

It was FUN in the '70s & '80s-no matter, win or lose. Now it's a form of stress.

You get internet in the Asian wilderness? Wow, the world is changing before our eyes!

You're... you're crazy, man. I like you, but you're crazy. ;-)

Pronger situation and Luongo situation have nothing to do with each other so I don't know what people are freaking out. Why should a team be penalized for having a player suffer a career ending injury. If anything they should just take the cap of the books completely when a player is forced to retirement due to injury.

S'posin they shot a lame, stinky camel, smack in the middle of the desert?...Who'd know?

Meanwhile, Chicago could once fly an albatross gt off to France.

Could we have sent Millsy to Mongolia?

US teams get instant bailouts. We fund this pyramid-scheme.

Miller is still playing and contributing in the NHL. Pronger is not.

I wont be surprise to see Savard being dealt from the bruins this summer either.

Archived